• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ufological Dreams Could Abductions Just Be Dreams?

loki467

Skilled Investigator
Ufological Dreams

Could Abductions Just Be Dreams?

The idea of one dreaming about UFOs and extraterrestrials may not be farfetched for most people to have such dreams occasionally, with abductees and in some cases researchers of ufology this seems to be far more frequent. In the case of the researcher’s studying the subject of ufology and abductions, writing a book can be quite stressful, this was the case of author Jordan Hofer, writing his books “Evolutionary Ufology” as well as his book “Little Grey Bastards” claims to have suffered from possible hallucinations and bad dreams. The author states; “Many strange, perhaps paranoid, coincidences occur when I write a UFO book. Jordan Hofer also states; “I suffered nightmares and “hallucinations” while writing Evolutionary Ufology. Further stating ; “ Now its happening again, and this time its not just me in gray cross hairs but David as well (referring to his co author David Barker suffering from the same bad dreams and hallucinations).

Further more the author is quoted as stating; “The Grays are in full control, I have not been sleeping well, I have been frightened and confused. The author also quotes a line from the movie close encounters of the third kind in reference to feeling as if he where being watched by an invisible force …. This could be due to lack of sleep, exhaustion, paranoia, or the in depth immersion of research into the subject of ufology, but could it be something else?

On August 8th 1983, notable skeptic Michal Shermer participated in a 3,000 mile bicycle race “Race Across America” stating “It is a rolling experiment on stress, sleep deprivation, and mental breakdown.” Also stating “I vowed to ride sleepless in 1983 until I got the lead or collapsed.” True to his word Mr. Shermer did just that outside of Haigler Nebraska and riding for 83 hours with no sleep as well as riding nearly 1800 miles nonstop. He was quoted as saying ““I was falling asleep on the bike so my support crew (every rider has one) put me down for a forty-five-minute nap. When I awoke I got back on my bike, but I was still so sleepy that my crew tried to get me back into the motor home. It was then that I slipped into some sort of altered state of consciousness and became convinced that my entire support crew were aliens from another planet and that they were going to kill me. This is an example of a hallucination induced by exhaustion, if Michal Shermer can tell the difference between being exhausted after the incident, then I believe most others would be able to distinguish this as well. I myself have accomplished this.

A person who studies the subject of UFOs may dream of UFOs and even encounters in some cases, this does not imply that the researcher has an overactive imagination. The subject of UFOs can be quite fascinating and in some case lead to obsession, this can be said about many different subjects that fascinates the mind. I personally study the many aspects of ufology, abductions, psychology, astrobiology, pop culture and encounters of the phenomena. I myself have had Ufological dreams, I remember one dream from my childhood in which I was in a dimly lit room, it was a white room but very dim.

I remember seeing a needle and grabbing it between my thumb and pointer finger. I can still feel the needle between my fingers today, and throughout my life have never forgotten the feeling of pressing and holding that needle between my fingers, I remembering it coming towards me slowly in between my fingers. I also remember hearing a voice but not very clearly. Over time one’s dreams become distorted as we age and grow and confabulate imagery, but this was a sensation between my fingers, there was no room for confabulation. In my opinion this was a dream. Another dream I had was in the 2006 and was 16 years of age. I awoke to a blue light engulfing my room through my window, I was unable to move and felt as if someone was in the room, but I couldn’t see anyone. This is when my body began to vibrate, the entire thing as if I was having a seizure and I was unable to control it, I felt the very nerves within my teeth vibrate. I cried out for help to no avail, only to just seem as if I had fallen back asleep, it had abruptly ended. This was a case of a hypnogogic / hypnopompic dream or hallucination and it was terrifying. But it would not be the last dream of the sort that fits with Ufology or abductions.

The next dream happened in between the years of either 2009 or 2010, this dream was a bit more startling in nature. I awoke from my bed and immediately ran to the front window of my home, as if knowing something or someone was there. After peeking though one of the front blinds I noticed something in front of my house next to the street. It was a small triangular craft with rotating bright lights strobeing around it. I peered slightly left and noticed that someone was walking to my door, I through the door open and caught a glimpse of what it was. What I saw was the classic alien archetype but extremely pale white, I noticed no mouth or nose and would say the entity was around the same height as myself and very skinny. The entity slightly tilted its head and looked directly at me as I attempted to tackle the entity in a fight or flight response only to have the sensation of being knocked out, everything abruptly turned to black as I lunged forward.

A few years later I believe in 2012 or 2013, I awoke one night to find a glowing ball of light floating in my closet, as I stared for around 5 seconds or, so the ball of light changed into the head of the commonly referred to as grey alien and flew directly towards my face, and then disappearing.

My latest dream occurred in the end months of 2017, I remember falling asleep and then “Awakening” to see a cylindrical or commonly called cigar shaped UFO flying past my bedroom window at a faraway distance. The UFO was flashing a large blue light in the front of the object and yellow in the back of the object. The UFO then turned slightly and began to fly towards my apartment, at this point I heard something akin to radio chatter. At this point I noticed that the window became distorted and growing outward. And the ceiling began to disappear only to watch the flashing object fly past my apartment. The whole time this dream was taking place I picked apart the details to debunk this situation through observation.

I watched the object in the beginning and thought” how strange we always keep the blinds down especially at night time”. Upon awakening later, they indeed where down. I then heard the chatter and realized that this was in my heard and was a dream, this was before the distortion of the window or the ceiling disappearing. If I can recognize these dreams as dreams, then why would people who are abductees not be able to tell the difference? The answer is they can. If I can in a half sleep like daze, then so can others.

I believe that these dreams are possibility due to my familiarity with the subject of ufology, but I have not always been interested by UFOs. I have conducted research for many years, as have many others and while having these dreams my skeptical mind believes they were dreams and nothing more. I also believe that people can easily distinguish the difference between a dream, a hypnogogic or hypnopompic hallucination. I do not believe that abductees are just foolish have an overactive imagination or have had a bad dream or hallucination. All of this being noted there is a stark difference between what people report in abductions in comparison to that of dreams, the length of time of the abductions compared to that of a hypnogogic or hypnopompic state alone is distinguishable enough, the clarity of an incident is very vivid, as well as the inability to wake in from a hypnogogic or hypnopompic state, while during abductions people wake up and do are able to note this in some cases.
ufo-taking-off-in-the-british-version-just-before-the-explosion.png

Interesting questions.

I’ll jot down my musings on this and I apologize beforehand that I don’t really have time to discuss this. Sorry.

First, let me make a point by rephrasing.

“Could alien meta-material just be 24 carat solid gold?”

In other words, why such a low opinion of dreams. Dreams are real “somethings.” But “what?” is the question.

I have no expertise whatsoever on dreams, other than my personal musings on how my dreams operate. I’ve had a few “UFO” dreams, and when I awoke I remembered them, but I knew they were dream-scape adventures, they were not lived-out in waking experience. Two were particularly impressive: One as a teenager while sleeping upstairs. I looked out the window by the head of my bed and saw, down in the yard, a 20 foot or so classic disc, landed, with the moon gleaming off it. Next scene, a weird living foot-and-a-half tall kewpie-doll-like being with a goofy single antenna coming out if its head up in my bedroom on the window sill, looking at me with a menacing stare. I was shook up. I awoke shook up. I got enough courage to look out the window, and there was no disc in the yard, and it didn’t seem like there was a bright moon. The second dream was several years later in my twenties. Sleeping, and then suddenly aware of an overpowering repulsive sentient presence that simply identified as U F O and that seemed to originate from behind and below the bed’s headboard, like it was behind the wall. Really weird. I’ve had several other dreams of being aware of stars in the night sky that suddenly started moving in formation, along with the sensation that they were UFOs.

In any case, I think all clinical researchers would agree that dreams occur in some mental state that is not the same as waking experience. I can say that sometimes, at the end of a dream, during my transition to wakefulness, I can sense or observe the dream-scape matrix dissolving or fading out or going into background. Something like that. It is as if my core sentience leaves some game-world “dream reality” and then reenters the world of my body’s sensory input, the so-called “real” reality. But an important point is this: dreams somehow can interact with memory and can be recalled. So, the dream-scape events we experience can be stored in memory. That I think could lead to confabulation between memories of real-life bodily-sensed experiences and vivid dream-scape adventures, if the dreams were particularly intense. Maybe.

For me an associated question has to do with the source of dreams. Are they purely and solely the product of some personal internal mental function? I am coming to the idea that dreams may not be produced solely by my own internal processes. For the various dreams that I remember, it seems to me that I participate in some kind of mental “show” whose origins are in some measure external to my consciousness. How does that work? I have no idea. But some of the dream-scape situations are so beyond my conscious musings that it is difficult to imagine that they originate solely from myself. So, from my perspective, this leads me to the possibility of some sort of external sentience that can interact with me, and presumably with all people. Cogent proof? None whatsoever. Believe whatever you like.

But if we press on a bit with the idea of external sentient influence on dreams, then it is just a tiny hop over to the possibility of external sentient influence on someone in a hypnotic trance. Perhaps the similarity of abduction stories related in hypnotic regression is mostly the work of some external sentient “dream weaver”. In all, that would still mean that the reporting person was under the influence of some external sentient stimulus. The recording of Barney Hill's regression is particularly impressive, and it seems certain that he thought he was encountering sentient entities. And I do think, at least for me, I can detect when some “other” sentience is interacting with me. So, perhaps that sensation of “otherness” is an additional impetus in many peoples’ reports of alien encounters.

All told, it seems to me that some dreams, and some hypnotic regressions that report UFO experiences could result from the impact of some external sentient agency.

That would not necessarily relate to UFO reports by people in waking consciousness. Yet, on the other hand, it may be possible that the sentient entities associated with UFO objects can and do somehow influence the human observer’s mental processes by dumping in additional dream-like information while they are experiencing the encounter. That might account for some of the “Oz” factor.

Salma Siddik was one of the kids of the Ariel School of Ruwa, Zimbabwe who encountered the UFO. She is very articulate and thoughtful, but in the end, she has no final conclusion of exactly what she encountered, other than that it was not of this reality. She was only a few feet away from one of the beings, who was shorter than her at age 11. She also mentioned what seemed to her as strange distortions of time. Among other things.

So, have at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting questions.

I’ll jot down my musings on this and I apologize beforehand that I don’t really have time to discuss this. Sorry.

First, let me make a point by rephrasing.

“Could alien meta-material just be 24 carat solid gold?”

In other words, why such a low opinion of dreams. Dreams are real “somethings.” But “what?” is the question.

I have no expertise whatsoever on dreams, other than my personal musings on how my dreams operate. I’ve had a few “UFO” dreams, and when I awoke I remembered them, but I knew they were dream-scape adventures, they were not lived-out in waking experience. Two were particularly impressive: One as a teenager while sleeping upstairs. I looked out the window by the head of my bed and saw, down in the yard, a 20 foot or so classic disc, landed, with the moon gleaming off it. Next scene, a weird living foot-and-a-half tall kewpie-doll-like being with a goofy single antenna coming out if its head up in my bedroom on the window sill, looking at me with a menacing stare. I was shook up. I awoke shook up. I got enough courage to look out the window, and there was no disc in the yard, and it didn’t seem like there was a bright moon. The second dream was several years later in my twenties. Sleeping, and then suddenly aware of an overpowering repulsive sentient presence that simply identified as U F O and that seemed to originate from behind and below the bed’s headboard, like it was behind the wall. Really weird. I’ve had several other dreams of being aware of stars in the night sky that suddenly started moving in formation, along with the sensation that they were UFOs.

In any case, I think all clinical researchers would agree that dreams occur in some mental state that is not the same as waking experience. I can say that sometimes, at the end of a dream, during my transition to wakefulness, I can sense or observe the dream-scape matrix dissolving or fading out or going into background. Something like that. It is as if my core sentience leaves some game-world “dream reality” and then reenters the world of my body’s sensory input, the so-called “real” reality. But an important point is this: dreams somehow can interact with memory and can be recalled. So, the dream-scape events we experience can be stored in memory. That I think could lead to confabulation between memories of real-life bodily-sensed experiences and vivid dream-scape adventures, if the dreams were particularly intense. Maybe.

For me an associated question has to do with the source of dreams. Are they purely and solely the product of some personal internal mental function? I am coming to the idea that dreams may not be produced solely by my own internal processes. For the various dreams that I remember, it seems to me that I participate in some kind of mental “show” whose origins are in some measure external to my consciousness. How does that work? I have no idea. But some of the dream-scape situations are so beyond my conscious musings that it is difficult to imagine that they originate solely from myself. So, from my perspective, this leads me to the possibility of some sort of external sentience that can interact with me, and presumably with all people. Cogent proof? None whatsoever. Believe whatever you like.

But if we press on a bit with the idea of external sentient influence on dreams, then it is just a tiny hop over to the possibility of external sentient influence on someone in a hypnotic trance. Perhaps the similarity of abduction stories related in hypnotic regression is mostly the work of some external sentient “dream weaver”. In all, that would still mean that the reporting person was under the influence of some external sentient stimulus. The recording of Barney Hill's regression is particularly impressive, and it seems certain that he thought he was encountering sentient entities. And I do think, at least for me, I can detect when some “other” sentience is interacting with me. So, perhaps that sensation of “otherness” is an additional impetus in many peoples’ reports of alien encounters.

All told, it seems to me that some dreams, and some hypnotic regressions that report UFO experiences could result from the impact of some external sentient agency.

That would not necessarily relate to UFO reports by people in waking consciousness. Yet, on the other hand, it may be possible that the sentient entities associated with UFO objects can and do somehow influence the human observer’s mental processes by dumping in additional dream-like information while they are experiencing the encounter. That might account for some of the “Oz” factor.

Salma Siddik was one of the kids of the Ariel School of Ruwa, Zimbabwe who encountered the UFO. She is very articulate and thoughtful, but in the end, she has no final conclusion of exactly what she encountered, other than that it was not of this reality. She was only a few feet away from one of the beings, who was shorter than her at age 11. She also mentioned what seemed to her as strange distortions of time. Among other things.

So, have at it.
I quite like what you wrote, and you made very good points, I respect evryones opinions so I appreciate the comment, the only thing I'd disagree with is i don't really have a Low Veiw On Dreams, I believe that people can distinguish between dreams and an abduction for instance, thanks for your post I liked it alot, why don't you try your hand at an article on dreams I'd like to see what you find, granted you have the time, I also addressed a little bit of the entire influnincing perceptions in another article I wrote titled ufos and the paranormal

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Let's just say I'm skeptical about Shermer's claim [emoji14] .
I never really thought about wether or not he was lieing, thats a very good point, iv never really heard about anyone saying anything similar to his story, in the since I was so exhausted I started seeing my crew as aliens attempting to kill me. Very well put

I never really thought about wether or not he was lieing, thats a very good point, iv never really heard about anyone saying anything similar to his story, in the since I was so exhausted I started seeing my crew as aliens attempting to kill me. Very well put.
Even if Shermer wasn't simply fabricating, there's a whole set of other pro and con possibilities one could bring into play, including actual repressed memories coming to the surface. We don't know for sure. Shermer might assume his visions were stress induced delusional hallucinations, but why aliens? Why not southwestern tribal medicine men? It seems a little too convenient for me that being an anti-alien evangelist, he'd just happen to hallucinate aliens.

Even if Shermer wasn't simply fabricating, there's a whole set of other pro and con possibilities one could bring into play, including actual repressed memories coming to the surface. We don't know for sure. Shermer might assume his visions were stress induced delusional hallucinations, but why aliens? Why not southwestern tribal medicine men? It seems a little too convenient for me that being an anti-alien evangelist, he'd just happen to hallucinate aliens.
About her good point it is quite convenient on his part isn't it, it's best to hold him to the same scrutiny he does everyone else

What are your views on the abduction phenomena?

What are your views on the abduction phenomena?
Something is going on, but what? If we accept that alien visitation is a reality, then it's not much of a leap to think they'd be studying us, and that means they'd need some specimens. But to what extent does the objective physical presence of aliens play in the total number of cases? We don't know. There's virtually no relatively objective evidence from which to determine how reasonable it is to believe a claim. By "relatively objective" I mean there's no abduction version of a radar/visual sighting by a military pilot. The vast majority of experiences take place behind closed doors or out in some remote location devoid of witnesses, and the few exceptions have no reliable independent corroboration.

Also, none of the alleged implants have been independently verified to be ATECH ( alien technology ), and none of the physical marks on people's bodies can be proven to have been caused by ATECH either. Lastly, no verifiable information has come from any known abduction case that is beyond the scope of the knowledge or theory of the time e.g. no abductee has returned with plans to build any ATECH. We have
nothing but stories.

This can be difficult for believers and experiencers to accept. Perhaps it would be easier if I were to say that I believe some UFO reports represent objective alien craft, but that I also have to admit that there's insufficient scientifically valid material evidence to back that belief. The first step in tackling the problem is to accept these unsettling facts. Alien abductions might have taken place and personally I believe here are people who have had firsthand experiences that they've honestly interpreted as alien abductions. But that's about as far as I can go.

Last edited:
Something is going on, but what? If we accept that alien visitation is a reality, then it's not much of a leap to think they'd be studying us, and that means they'd need some specimens. But to what extent does the objective physical presence of aliens play in the total number of cases? We don't know. There's virtually no relatively objective evidence from which to determine how reasonable it is to believe a claim. By "relatively objective" I mean there's no abduction version of a radar/visual sighting by a military pilot. The vast majority of experiences take place behind closed doors or out in some remote location devoid of witnesses, and the few exceptions have no reliable independent corroboration.

Also, none of the alleged implants have been independently verified to be ATECH ( alien technology ), and none of the physical marks on people's bodies can be proven to have been caused by ATECH either. Lastly, no verifiable information has come from any known abduction case that is beyond the scope of the knowledge or theory of the time e.g. no abductee has returned with plans to build any ATECH. We have
nothing but stories.

This can be difficult for believers and experiencers to accept. Perhaps it would be easier if I were to say that I believe some UFO reports represent objective alien craft, but that I also have to admit that there's insufficient scientifically valid material evidence to back that belief. The first step in tackling the problem is to accept these unsettling facts. Alien abductions might have taken place and personally I believe here are people who have had firsthand experiences that they've honestly interpreted as alien abductions. But that's about as far as I can go.
Again, I like what you did skeptical but open minded, I agree with what you said there is very little evidence that has been proven conclusively, but I'm open to the possibility of such, I also agree if the ETH hypothesis is correct then it would only make sense.

Back