• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO video & picture thread

P

Paranormalfreak101

Hello people. Please feel free to submit any sort of useful information, discussion of any sort of UFO phenomenon, and UFO related photographs and videos. Also check out the pic posted below. Thanks and Happy St. Patricks day!

rightobject.jpg

Paranormalfreak101 said:
Hello people. Please feel free to submit any sort of useful information, discussion of any sort of UFO phenomenon, and UFO related photographs and videos. Also check out the pic posted below. Thanks and Happy St. Patricks day!

rightobject.jpg

Difficult to say what that is without a context - is this an enlargement
of part of a photo?

By the way, isn't Saint Patrick's Day on Saturday (17th)?

New Florida UFO footage (Google Video)

We covered this on one of our podcasts today.

According to Google Video the footage was taken on the 9th of May 2005 in Tallahassee, Florida, but only recently released due to the family's fear of ridicule. It's a long one too, 24 minutes in total, but worth serious consideration. Skip ahead to the following times in the footage to see the best bits:

03:10 - Yes it IS moving... slowly now!
10:00 - Close-ups!
18:30 - Changes from WHITE to RED!
20:30 - Two Objects!
22:15 - Strange flight patterns!

Benjamin_Grundy said:
New Florida UFO footage (Google Video)

We covered this on one of our podcasts today.

According to Google Video the footage was taken on the 9th of May 2005 in Tallahassee, Florida, but only recently released due to the family's fear of ridicule. It's a long one too, 24 minutes in total, but worth serious consideration. Skip ahead to the following times in the footage to see the best bits:

03:10 - Yes it IS moving... slowly now!
10:00 - Close-ups!
18:30 - Changes from WHITE to RED!
20:30 - Two Objects!
22:15 - Strange flight patterns!

Nice find. Interesting vid if you have the patience for it.

Boy, I have to confess, that's a good one! I can't even begin to try and figure out what that is. Here's a couple things I'd want to rule out, though:

1) I definitely don't think this is one's a hoax. But just to be sure, it sound like someone knows who these people are. While I totally respect their need for anonymity, someone ought to verify their identity and back-story (if this goes anywhere), and see if a chain of custody can be established for the video.

2) I'd have them report it to NUFORC.

3) I'd obtain records from FAA, to see if there was anything flying in the air that day, commercial or military, to rule out more mundane explanations. That said, this certainly doesn't look like an aircraft.

4) I'm wondering if there were any space-based activity that day...Any rockets fired, any launches, any space-station work. At certain times during the video, it almost looks like an afterburner coming from the rear of a craft. That said, I'm not sure that's my first best guess at what it is. Still, though, you'd want to rule that out.

5) Check for any reported meteors, fireballs, or other similar astronomical activity. This sure didn't behave like a fire-ball as far as I'm concerned, but again, I'd want to find out what it is NOT.

6) Doublecheck for other sightings to cross-check. Was anything reported to NUFORC that day?

So, I'd rule try my best to rule out commercial aircraft, military aircraft, commercial and military space-based activity, and I'd cross-reference for other sightings reported.

Once all of those things are ruled out, what are we left with?

For me, I almost get the impression that whatever this thing is, it appears to be moving away from Earth, not towards it. I'm not an imaging expert, but it seemed that the camera was having a more difficult time zooming in at about 20 minutes, taking longer each time, to focus in on infinity. It was actually quite hypnotic to watch, and very distinct. So with an object closer to the camera (and earth), wouldn't the camera be able to zoom in faster? With an object farther away from the camera (and earth), wouldn't the camera take longer? That said, I was left with the impression of a shorter interval towards the beginning of the footage, and a longer interval towards the end of the footage. This gives the impression that the object is moving away from Earth.

I was also quite impressed with the initial close-ups. That certainly appeared to be a pixelated saucer-shape. The description that came with the video was quite apologetic, but I must confess that I thought it was a pretty good close-up. We have to appreciate that given the close-ups to the tree in the foreground, this object seems to be quite high, and quite far away. I'd imagine that an imaging expert could shed some light on optical issues that would arise with this kind of strain on a camera zooming in on an object. For that reason, I give little credence to the descriptions claims on size. BUT, it really does look like a saucer-shaped object, with something glowing, or reflecting, either towards the bottom of the object, or towards it's back-end. The only plausible explanation for this, is we could be looking at high-altitude military craft, and its' afterburner at the rear. From this vantage point, the tips of the saucer could be the aircrafts wings, and the saucers bubble (for lack of a better term) could be the craft's nose tip. BUT, It looks like a flying saucer, frankly.

At 12:51 I paused the video, and took a good, long, hard look. The afterburner-thing, seems to me, to have some separation. It appears to be more like 3 afterburners, rather than one large flame. This could be a military aircraft. The Space Shuttle also has 3 burners on its rear, I believe. I'm not saying that's what it is, but it makes me wonder.

Before you write that off, examine this pic:

[align='center']
200px-SSME1.jpg
[/align]

Now look at this depiction of the Space Shuttle from the rear:

[align='center']
shuttle_rear_small.jpg
[/align]
I'm not saying that's what it is, but it's the closest thing I come up with, based on the 12:51 image. It would also fit the white hue appearance of the unknown object. That said,

There was no scheduled Space Shuttle flight on 9-5-05. There was supposed to be, Atlantis, but the launch got skuttled due to bad weather.

My only other, logical, explanation could be this: Was it a launched Reuseable Launch Vehicle, aka RLV? I wonder...

[align='center']
17dec03316%20079_sm.jpg
[/align]

A.LeClair said:
Funny, a new member just had a sighting in Houston TX on March 9th. Too bad it isn't the same year.

http://theparacast.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447

Here's some recent TX sighting reports.
ndxLocOut

Mr. LeClair, I think this particular sighting That Mr. "MU Grundy" brought to our attention took place in Florida, and, the new guys sighting reported on this forum had a couple factors that differ from the Shuttle-Sighting (me, working on the rumor mill...anyway...)..I think the new guy said it was low to the ground, like 500 to 1000 feet with blinking lights ;)

Perhaps you've been enjoying too much Sangria, my fine friend?:p

PS: Hey Brandon, welcome to the forum....

On a more serious note, I thought that family had some really great footage of a UFO. The loops and "figure-8's" at the end were pretty sweet. I give the pilot of the UFO a 9/10 score for not doing a zig-zag.

I honestly don't know what to say. Cool video. Too bad we don't know what it is.

tomlevine1 said:
Mr. LeClair, I think this particular sighting That Mr. "MU Grundy" brought to our attention took place in Florida, and, the new guys sighting reported on this forum had a couple factors that differ from the Shuttle-Sighting (me, working on the rumor mill...anyway...)..I think the new guy said it was low to the ground, like 500 to 1000 feet with blinking lights ;)

Perhaps you've been enjoying too much Sangria, my fine friend?:p

PS: Hey Brandon, welcome to the forum....

Yes, there are differences. Just like the Illinois case with cops you are familiar with. Some say triangle, some say house shaped.

I thought it was taken in TX. If I'm wrong, sorry. I look at a lot of stuff daily and guess I got confused. I did just notice it says, "New Florida" on the link he provided.

I don't know what Sangria is.

Sangria:

sangria-special-lg.jpg

Sangria Recipes are the inspiration for many red wine punch styles. Sangria was created in Spain and made popular in the US at the 1964 World's Fair. It normally has red wine, brandy, and fruit. However, it can be made in just about any style you can imagine.
Sangria is based on the traditional red wine punch popular across europe for hundreds of years. The punch base would be claret, i.e. Bordeaux wine from France. Brandy and fruit would be added to the punch for flavor. In the 1700s and 1800s, Claret Cup Punch could be found at parties of all sizes.

Sangria is the perfect party punch that just about everybody loves! Fresh, fruity, delicious, Sangria can be made in any number of styles from spicy to mild to rich to bubbly.

mjw said:
On a more serious note, I thought that family had some really great footage of a UFO. The loops and "figure-8's" at the end were pretty sweet. I give the pilot of the UFO a 9/10 score for not doing a zig-zag.

I honestly don't know what to say. Cool video. Too bad we don't know what it is.

MJW, can you give me a specific time stamp on the video?...I'd like to take a second look at that.
thx, t

mjw said:
22:30 is when it starts

Welp...Yeah. That's wierd. Gotta give you that. Hey, it's a real UFO!

The helicopter popping in, was also quite dramatic. Furthering the investigation, I'd love to have an expert listen to that tape, and see if they might be able to identify the sound of that helicopter with a make and model. A sound expert could compare the oscillating patterns of the helicopter sound captured in this video, with known helicopter sounds, to see if a match could be made. I wonder if that helicopter was a commercial, private, or military chopper. I'm certain someone could identify it. If it was military, that would be interesting.

Here's a link on GOOGLEMAPS I don't think this necessarily means anything. Kennedy Space Center is on the other side of the State, but I thought I'd add it here, in case anyone could make some kind of connection.

I think it's a great video. I'm left wondering about a couple things.

First of all, if this object is moving farther away, and leaving Earth, and the video camera is straining to focus in on the object, then it would make sense that the light from the afterburner, if that's what it is, could create an unusual image in the camera, and unusual perceptions for the observers. Let's say you were looking at a headlamp through the fog and it was 10 miles away. It might appear closer than it is. The light might appear lumiscenent and perhaps even take on a different hue, because it is being filtered and altered by the foggy atmosphere which is separating you from the light-source. This could be what's going on, later in the video. I'm inclined to believe that the object is more distinct and perhaps more analysis could be drawn, based on the captured image earlier in the video. The captured image later in the video, might have more distortion. Could an afterburner, leaving earth, and entering space, appear to take on different shapes, different colors, different luminscence? I don't know. I'm just posing the question for consideration.

As to the figure eight description by the observer, I'm still not sure. We know the camera is moving, we know the perspective is through a fairly narrow hole in the trees; we know the trees are moving; The object definitely gives the appearance of odd maneuvers at 22:10. I just don't know what to make of it. If we have an object leaving the Earths atmosphere, entering space, and changing its trajectory, and/or possibly dropping a booster-rocket, could those kinds of activity create this image on film?

We need an expert to look at this thing! Calling all big-brained people!

Like I said, I think it's a great video. I wouldn't rule anything out.

[align='center']
alien.gif
[/align]

Brian Haughton said:
Difficult to say what that is without a context - is this an enlargement
of part of a photo?

By the way, isn't Saint Patrick's Day on Saturday (17th)?

I think it's definitely a flying 1967 VW Beetle. ;)

MJW, I took a print-screen of the video at approximately 12:51. Take a look:
shuttle-ufo-1.jpg

Now compare that to this:
200px-SSME1.jpg

...And this:
shuttle_rear_small.jpg

And maybe this at a different trajectory:
17dec03316%20079_sm.jpg

Back