• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Reality — What Paracast Listeners Believe or Accept!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
A thread about asking a chat or AI bot about UFOs and such has morphed into expressions of possible reality behind the phenomenon.

As you folks know, I don't necessarily buy the ET explanation although the majority of people who accept UFO reality evidently do.

Sourcing the UFOs from another dimension or another time is not so different, except for the route in which they travel.

Something real is happening. After following the subject for over 65 years, seriously, I remain on the fence about the source of the phenomenon.

I don't dispute the possibility that UFOs represent the collective unconscious; meaning, essentially, that we co-create them. That, of course, raises a question about our reality and what it really is. Real, simulated, what?

Sometimes I consider the possibility that our reality expands based on our perceptions of it. As our science develops, reality encompasses such advancements, leading us towards a larger understanding of it, thus expanding it further. And so on and so forth.

Of course that would mean the Earth was once flat and this world was the center of the universe — until it wasn't.

As you folks know, I don't necessarily buy the ET explanation although the majority of people who accept UFO reality evidently do.

With good reason; that's what the phenomenon basically wants us to think. But it doesn't want us to be sure of it yet, hence often does things to confuse us.

Sourcing the UFOs from another dimension or another time is not so different, except for the route in which they travel.
Another key difference is time/interdimensional travel is much less plausible. Space travel is obviously possible; we've started ourselves. But who seriously envisages time travel?

As Ray Palmer said decades ago, flying saucers are here to make us think.

At the time, readers to his magazines were up in arms asking for an explanation.

I've mentioned this concept from time to time in the early days of The Paracast. A few listeners asked why I was repeating this statement, but seldom considered what it means.

As Ray Palmer said decades ago, flying saucers are here to make us think.
They're in no hurry to make the masses reach a definite conclusion...
The government undoubtedly knows far more than laymen but it must obscure its knowledge. Much of its misinformation is intended to make it look ignorant. There may not be "a lot" of good physical evidence but I don't think "a lot" is necessary. It argues the phenomenon is objectively real, and physical.

Last edited:
IMO we'll reach a definite conclusion when we're ready for it. There isn't much expansion of our horizons stemming from a marginalized topic. That'll change when it's acknowledged as real and its nature is clarified.

Someone once said: "Flying saucers are here to make us think."
Yes Palmer.

Gene, you should write a book about all the different personalities you have meet during your life, you sure must have a wealth of information that have historical value.

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm still not a believer on the co-creation stuff.

One interesting thing on the Fermi paradox, is that the premise is that they want to be found, and are actively looking to make contact with anyone who listens.

That is clearly not the case. We can only guess the ET agenda.

The phenomenon does appear to be slowly conditioning us to accept its reality, albeit with an emphasis on slowly.
Sure — but how much of "the phenomenon" has been hijacked for psyops, how much is alien visitation, and how much is something else? Those questions used to be easier to answer, but nowadays, short of an all out invasion, I'm not so sure that there's a way for the general population to know. We certainly can't depend on the MSM to tell us the truth anymore.

Sure — but how much of "the phenomenon" has been hijacked for psyops, how much is alien visitation, and how much is something else?

I don't think the government simulates UFO events much if at all. It just puts out misinformation to advance the same agenda as our visitors. Essentially the phenomenon, in the sense of real events, is entirely ET although aliens, not wanting us to be certain of their reality just yet, deliberately confuse us with HS etc.

Those questions used to be easier to answer, but nowadays, short of an all out invasion, I'm not so sure that there's a way for the general population to know. We certainly can't depend on the MSM to tell us the truth anymore.
Oh there will one an invasion someday; see e.g. the scenario in The Alien Grand Design.

I don't think the government simulates UFO events much if at all.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Modern tech is far more powerful at creating deceptions of a strategic nature than ever before. So it seems unlikely that if they did it way back then ( which they did ), that they would have stopped. We know of programs for exploring active camouflage and RADAR spoofing. We also know they've been experimenting for decades with optics and lasers. Now they have drones too. If I were them, I'd be putting it all together to see just how radical a deception could be created, and what better way than to use UFOs as a cover for tests?
It just puts out misinformation to advance the same agenda as our visitors.
Misinformation has been confirmed — but the "agenda" for such being the same as that of the aliens seems unlikely. If anything, official misinformation seems to be to cover-up classified military missions e.g. the SR-71 spy plane overflights ( which were catalogued as UFOs ) when tracked on RADAR. Same goes for the Skyhook balloons.
Essentially the phenomenon, in the sense of real events, is entirely ET although aliens, not wanting us to be certain of their reality just yet, deliberately confuse us with HS etc.
I would have to disagree. The word "phenomenon" is a catchall term that could mean aliens — along with everything else on the subject, including all the standard misperceptions and misinterpretations. Even where the "phenomenon" is genuine, there's nothing saying it can't be a strange weather event or some weird bird behavior. IMO it's deliberately used by officials as a vagary to cloud the issue.
Oh there will one an invasion someday; see e.g. the scenario in The Alien Grand Design.
A quick perusal of the book reveals an insightful author, but the content is still based largely on speculation and extrapolation of stuff we already know. Looks like a worthy addition to the ole' UFO library though.

Last edited:
Now they have drones too. If I were them, I'd be putting it all together to see just how radical a deception could be created, and what better way than to use UFOs as a cover for tests?

The aforementioned work portrays the government as collaborating with aliens to slowly get us used to the latter, but the official position is that ET isn't here. Ergo, I don't buy claims that UFO reports are a smokescreen to divert attention away from new military technology. There are other possible cover stories that don't clash with the official line.

Misinformation has been confirmed — but the "agenda" for such being the same as that of the aliens seems unlikely.

Maybe a more thorough reading of the AGD is called for….Even Strieber inclined toward this view.

Even where the "phenomenon" is genuine, there's nothing saying it can't be a strange weather event or some weird bird behavior.

I can scarcely imagine things like that explaings the bulk of sightings involving good witnesses. Plenty can indicate otherwise--radar sightings, landing traces...

Looks like a worthy addition to the ole' UFO library though.
Undoubtedly.

The aforementioned work portrays the government as collaborating with aliens to slowly get us used to the latter, but the official position is that ET isn't here. Ergo, I don't buy claims that UFO reports are a smokescreen to divert attention away from new military technology. There are other possible cover stories that don't clash with the official line.

Not only classified tests, but classified missions. According to historian Gerald K. Haines, at the height of the Cold War, the Air Force and CIA willfully misled the public by claiming that thousands of sightings of unidentified flying objects were caused by ice crystals, temperature inversions and other tricks of nature, when in fact they were produced by the flight of high-flying, super-secret spy planes. ( SOURCE )

Of course you don't have to "buy that" — though it does seem not only plausible and possible, but also reasonable — more reasonable than "OMG Aliens!". That's not to say I don't believe alien visitation is real ( you know me ) — but here's the book ... ( FWIW ). There are also others who have written on the subject. It's pretty standard knowledge in the ufology community.

41xuGVYtYCL.jpg

Last edited:
Back