• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ufo-emf

Free episodes:

anomaly

Paranormal Novice
To what degree do UFOlks here consider EMF (ElectroMagnetic Field) effects to be at the heart of the UFO mystery?

To what degree do UFOlks here consider EMF (ElectroMagnetic Field) effects to be at the heart of the UFO mystery?

Okay, maybe folks think this is a stupid question on my part... :eek:
Of course, the whole fabric of the universe is energy so OF COURSE its part of the mystery. :rolleyes:

But to me it seems self-apparent since we have physical effects on the nearby environment, equipment effects such as stalling-cars and radio interferance, physical effects upon the witness such as eye-burn etc.

The lab research of Michael Persinger and the field research of Paul Devereux tend to bolster this aspect of the phenomena.

John Keel's idea of UFOs as Ultraterrestrials involved this idea of the strange phenomena being electromagnetic in nature and that the these objects / entities were perhaps only seen by us as they moved through the visible light spectrum from one end of the EM Super Spectrum to another.

Vallee has described what we mostly know about UFOs as being simply, that they represent a HUGE amount of energy confined to a small area, though he and others believe, like Persinger and Devereux, that said EMF energies go well beyond the limits of the "objects" and are in fact effecting and influencing the CNS and consciousness of the witness / percipient.

And then there is the work of Albert Budden and his ALLERGIES AND ALIENS hypothesis...

- SMiles

It's not a stupid question.. EMF and energy such as plasma/light/laser/microwaves, etc.. is what is being studied for propulsion and other things such as force fields and cloaking. Also, the shape of such test craft us usually saucer or cone shaped and not the traditional winged craft.

I do believe our govt already has this advanced technology and explains the majority of UF0 sightings. They do say whatever is publicly known now, there is something already decades ahead being kept secret. It's how everything has been from the SR-71 to the F-117. Both have been worked on in secret at least 20 to 30 years before they were ever deployed or publicly known to exist. I wouldn't think anything less then 'flying saucers' already existing and beyond that already being created.

What do you mean by "heart of the UFO mystery"?

That they are caused by EM fields, or that EM fields is part of their propulsion, or that EM fields is a byproduct of their operation, or...?

Everything is part of the electromagnetic spectrum to some extent.... that includes light as well as electricity and various other forms of energy, like radio, etc.

But matter exists in waves as well, and is vibrating at various frequencies depending on the energy level.

So to answer your question... no. Not anymore than it being part of you. But they seem to generate such fields.

I would think the "UFO mystery" would be: "What are they? And where do they come from?"

By the way, EMF generally stands for electromotive force. The abbreviation for electromagnetic field is "EM field."

What do you mean by "heart of the UFO mystery"?

That they are caused by EM fields, or that EM fields is part of their propulsion, or that EM fields is a byproduct of their operation, or...?

Everything is part of the electromagnetic spectrum to some extent.... that includes light as well as electricity and various other forms of energy, like radio, etc.

But matter exists in waves as well, and is vibrating at various frequencies depending on the energy level.

So to answer your question... no. Not anymore than it being part of you. But they seem to generate such fields.

I would think the "UFO mystery" would be: "What are they? And where do they come from?"

By the way, EMF generally stands for electromotive force. The abbreviation for electromagnetic field is "EM field."

D'oh! Thanks for the heads-up on electromotive force / emf ... all these years of inaccurate use - "shame hands in place."

I guess what I mean by "heart of the mystery" is simply that the phenomena's electromagnetic effects are both its strongest evidence of physical existence and obviate our most direct lines of inquiry into the nature of the phenomena.

But as DRM said more eloquently than I ... "Everything is part of the electromagnetic spectrum to some extent" ... so really I'm just misconstruing the universe's electromagnetic nature and my interest in these various EM aspects of UFOs as a false focal "heart" I guess.

This sense of EM fields being "at the heart of the mystery" obviously comes from the high regard I place on certain research that to me has added the most knowledge to UFOlogy and these investigative angles generally involve analysis of the electromagnetic aspects.

The work of James McCampbell, Richard Haines, Ted Phillips and others springs to mind.

Anyhoo!

In The Event I describe the building of an EM field force. Once it's in effect, some sort of gravitalional force comes into play. This may be the one that creates a time-loss in humans that are in close quarters with a UFO.

This has also occurred to me and I think you're onto something. it's almost such a dull by-product of a ufo sighting/encounter "magnetic effects"; that everyone ignores it, I'd like to hear a show with an expert on magnetism to see what they have to say about yoofows.

Back