• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO (1980) vs Abductions (2010)

Man, I'd totally forgotten about that show. Now I remember watching it whenever I could.

Edit: I also remember that 1980 seemed way off in the future (sigh).

Man, I'd totally forgotten about that show. Now I remember watching it whenever I could.

Edit: I also remember that 2010 seemed way off in the future (sigh).

;) Arthur C. Clarke saw us chasing a relic off Jupiter's moon Europa in 2010.

If you listen at position 42:45, you'll notice how close the speculation is to speculation 30 years later. Barely any progression.... very telling.

"Edit: I also remember that 2010 seemed way off in the future (sigh)."

Quibble: per the link below (and my memory) the show was on TV in the U.S. in the early 1970s, while the action supposedly took place in 1980 or so. In the link you provided there's a copyright shown of MCMLXIX (1969). Actually that reinforces your point about how relatively little thinking has changed since then.

UFO (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Edit: I also remember that 2010 seemed way off in the future (sigh)."

Quibble: per the link below (and my memory) the show was on TV in the U.S. in the early 1970s, while the action supposedly took place in 1980 or so. In the link you provided there's a copyright shown of MCMLXIX (1969). Actually that reinforces your point about how relatively little thinking has changed since then.

UFO (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OMG !!! you're correct 1969 :eek:

A lifetime of recursive laundry LOLOL

Back