• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

U.S. troops distributing Bibles in Afghanistan 8()

Free episodes:

Ezechiel

Paranormal Adept
What's up with the suicide mission :eek:

Igniting a Jihad a good idea ? WTF ?!

2009542251130734_5.jpg

US soldiers have been encouraged to spread the message of their Christian faith among Afghanistan's predominantly Muslim population, video footage obtained by Al Jazeera appears to show.
Military chaplains stationed in the US air base at Bagram were also filmed with bibles printed in the country's main Pashto and Dari languages.
In one recorded sermon, Lieutenant-Colonel Gary Hensley, the chief of the US military chaplains in Afghanistan, is seen telling soldiers that as followers of Jesus Christ, they all have a responsibility "to be witnesses for him".
"The special forces guys - they hunt men basically. We do the same things as Christians, we hunt people for Jesus. We do, we hunt them down," he says.
"Get the hound of heaven after them, so we get them into the kingdom. That's what we do, that's our business."
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2009/05/200953201315854832.html

:confused:

And they give these egg-heads guns. Bring all the troops home, except for these guys.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I'm not trying to defend what these soldiers are doing, but here is a thought - maybe if more and more muslems converted to christianity or some other religion the world would be better off.

And they give these egg-heads guns. Bring all the troops home, except for these guys.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

"Egg-heads" usually denotes smart people. There's nothing smart about this. In fact calling it "stupid" would be doing a disservice to the word STUPID!

I'm not trying to defend what these soldiers are doing, but here is a thought - maybe if more and more muslems converted to christianity or some other religion the world would be better off.

You do understand that that's EXACTLY what the Taliban and Al-Queda believe, just the other way around, right?

And it's either "muslim" or "moslem". Pick a spelling.

"Egg-heads" usually denotes smart people. There's nothing smart about this. In fact calling it "stupid" would be doing a disservice to the word STUPID!

You do understand that that's EXACTLY what the Taliban and Al-Queda believe, just the other way around, right?

And it's either "muslim" or "moslem". Pick a spelling.

So what exactly is your point?
Oh and thanks for checking my spelling. I think I'll stick with moslem.

So what exactly is your point?

I can't believe I'm actually having to explain this... but here goes: The POINT is that people should just learn to leave other people alone and that having people with guns push their religion on you is wrong, WRONG, WRONG! It's not any less wrong if it's your countrymen pushing your religion- it's still WRONG. Get it?

Plus it's unecessary. Why the hell should the 99.9% of muslims who AREN'T violent, extremist sociopaths abandon their faith? Just so middle-class, white Americans can feel better about themselves? Not freakin' likely!

Oh and thanks for checking my spelling.

It's what I do... penance for a childhood's worth of the most atrocious spelling imaginable...

Oh and thanks for checking my spelling. I think I'll stick with moslem.
I don't know if there is an official English spelling. The Moslems I've known personally pronounce it "Muslim," with a long 'u'. I think the more common English spelling is similar to how "Indian" devolved to "Injun"...even though they are Americans. "Maazlum" just sounds more threatening than "Moos/lim." I think aggressors in war find it more palatable to kill people with ugly names. That's all I got to say about that.

I can't believe I'm actually having to explain this... but here goes: The POINT is that people should just learn to leave other people alone and that having people with guns push their religion on you is wrong, WRONG, WRONG! It's not any less wrong if it's your countrymen pushing your religion- it's still WRONG. Get it?

Plus it's unecessary. Why the hell should the 99.9% of muslims who AREN'T violent, extremist sociopaths abandon their faith? Just so middle-class, white Americans can feel better about themselves? Not freakin' likely!

Well then, maybe you should go and talk to the 0.1 % of the "peace-loving" moslems of the world to leave the Christians, Jews, Hindus, gays, women and other infidels alone so we can all lay down our arms, embrace and sing hallelujah.

Well then, maybe you should go and talk to the 0.1 % of the "peace-loving" moslems of the world to leave the Christians, Jews, Hindus, gays, women and other infidels alone so we can all lay down our arms, embrace and sing hallelujah.

You know there's 1.1 BILLION of them, right? 99.9% ARE peace loving, 0.1% are armed fanatics. Man, you gotta read what I write, comprehension is key.

And as far as the "sing hallelujah" part, why would you ever assume that's I what I meant? Not fighting doesn't automatically mean everyone gets along, it means we stop fighting. BIG difference.

Hallelujah is for Jews and Christians. Where I come from we say Yee-haw...and we never lay down our arms. That's how we defend ourselves against that 0.1% of crazy bastards, be they Moslem, Jew, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, or SubGenius, who think they have a right to use violence to tell people how to think.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

...and we never lay down our arms.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

That must make eating extraordinarily complex...;)

You have heard of the Crusades right? :D

Religions aren't all created equal, but even the most vicious can be reduced to a sort of spiritual tofu with democracy and affluence in most of the population. If you mix regional stability, democracy, and of course money all together and let it simmer for 20-30 years maybe then you'll see less of an impulse towards jihadism and the passive, permissive attitudes around it.

When you replace the fear with apathy then few can actually be bothered to pick up a gun.

I'm going to start a brand new UFO/sex cult down in Mexico. Then we can all convert and start getting along.

I'm going to start a brand new UFO/sex cult down in Mexico. Then we can all convert and start getting along.

You really need to send us pics of the congregation before inviting us to join your sex cult. I mean, there are definite limits to faith.

It was much healthier when Christians were disliked by the Romans because they refused to join the army. That was consistent.
This lot are insane. And dumb, dumb, dumb.
Don't they realise how much worse they make the problem they are supposed to be there to solve?

Also: Given that a person with a gun (especially if a member of an occupying army) has an unfair advantage in any argument, there should be a blanket ban on proselytising by any armed forces members.
It would be worthwhile having an international treaty covering that actually.

In this particular case the loonies are just playing into the hands of Al Qaeda and their "Crusader" obsession (historically inaccurate of course: the Crusaders didn't want to convert Muslims, they just wanted to kill them).

When you consider that touting one religious belief as superior to another, and add the cultural mores of the middle east into that equation, you'll realize that every act of proselytizing is and will be considered an insult to the local population.

When you consider that touting one religious belief as superior to another, and add the cultural mores of the middle east into that equation, you'll realize that every act of proselytizing is and will be considered an insult to the local population.

You betcha :D ... and actually the worst insult you could possibly imagine in conservative Afghanistan. The pastor in the video is a brainwashed evangelist heading straight into a beheading situation. This could almost make a monty python flying circus episode :D

Life is way crazier than fiction sometimes. This is a classic.
A total lack of culture and tolerance, never thought I'd get proof of a modern day cruisade ?!?! ... well here it is in color on You Tube !!! Incredible :eek:

The pastor in the video is a brainwashed evangelist heading straight into a beheading situation. This could almost make a monty python flying circus episode :D

Whoa, time out, flag on the play. Even though I'm a dedicated Python fan and even though I hate the sheer arrogance of what these evangelical fuckwits are doing with every fibre of my being, at no point should you even be jokingly discussing beheadings.

There's the line: Don't cross it.

Back