• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Two Metallic Craft Visit a Northern Ontario Ice Rink Pt. 1

Burnt State

Paranormal Adept
childhood.jpg

I found this old scribble of an image turned into a digital file years ago that describes a bit of my UFO experience when i was in grade 4. Admittedly, I had been already reading copious amounts of sci-fi literature and even one actual UFO book so in some ways, as the experience unfolded, i felt some degree of preparedness. It was an entirely spectacular event with multiple witnesses. The images have not entirely left my brain yet, with many details and sequences still easily accessible from that night.

This is a bit of an extended story that has a part two confirmation piece that happened the following spring. What i learned from my experience is that 1) no one is going to believe you and 2) you will choose to stop talking about your experience as soon as public opinion descends and 3) no matter how long ago it took place - the experience stays with you. Thirty-five years later i can still point to this one moment that has kept the UFO mystery rattling around in my brain and i still return to it every now and then to try to better parse it out.

The Story: I am out on a locally made neighbourhood rink that is in the centre of a large field surround by houses. The neighbourhood block that surrounds the field as about 12 houses long by eight houses wide. The rink was in the south end of this field with one giant light illuminating the whole rink on top of a shorter telephone pole. I am playing hockey with my best friend and the daughter of the woman who babysits him after school. The babysitter's house looks out onto the field and we can easily see the back of the house from the rink.

We are playing two against one and when it's the babysitter's daughter and me against my friend he got nailed, could not score against us, and got all huffy and headed inside the house. That left me and her to play some one on one. At one point in time she stands her foot on the puck and i'm whacking at it like what's going on - let's play i say. When i look at her she has got her neck craned upwards and when i look at what she sees I know why. Two circular, metallic saucer shaped crafts with multi coloured lights on the perimeter of the ships are descending towards us. One is closer than the other and appears much larger in our view compared to the second craft that remains hovering up higher in the sky. We watch as the one craft descends towards us and I remember thinking to myself, as i stood rigid looking into the sky, this is it, here they come, they're going to take us away.

Instead the ship just hovered above us, about maybe two city telephone poles in height above us. The craft were silent, making no sounds, no smell at all. I remember the people in the babysitter's house who had their dining room window open a bit, call out, "hey look at that, get the binoculars." We continued to stand super still and the second craft also started to lower a bit and the first ship just started cruising along the backyards heading north up the field and away from us. This cruising ship stopped and hung just over a garage at the back of one house at the top of the field on the same side of the street as the babysitter's house. This ship is just hanging there above a tall poplar tree in that backyard and part of the ship is over the roof of the garage. It stays there for about twenty seconds and then it slowly rises up to to join the second ship. The two of them slowly cruise further north, higher up above the houses now so that they are now white luminous flattened discs. The two appear to be hanging out just above my favourite corner store and then they start to lift up further into the sky. They seem to just zap upwards at incredible speeds until their lights join the stars up above and then disappear into the milky way and they are just gone.

The whole experience lasted a good two minutes, maybe longer. The ships were a slightly luminous greyish white, definitely metallic looking, but smooth and with christmas coloured like lights around the perimeter. I do not remember the lights moving at all or the ship spinning. I was confused by how the ships became more brightly luminous as they started to move higher and then disappear.

This Christmas I will head back to the Soo and take some actual photos in the old field and type up part two as it is a really nice confirmation of the experience. Oddly enough, i told my family about it as i ran straight home and just blurted the whole thing out, and then we told people at school the next day and were made fun of. I scoured the newspapers over the next week for confirmation of reality as everything real was in the news, but no luck. I never went back to talk to the babysitter's daughter about what we saw and it remains as the most amazingly strange thing i've ever experienced in my life. I spent all that summer hunting UFO's with my friend from the rink and saw a couple of odd things but nothing like this experience. It remains my one great question - just what the hell did i see and who was piloting?

Very interesting story! I love the drawing too!
Reminds me about a story a friend told me once. She was with her father in their apartment and saw a metallic disc fly by the window, so big that it obscured the view entirely. She was 5 or 6 years old.

She tells me that whenever she brings it up with her father, he refuse to comment on it, telling her that NOTHING HAPPENED.

Last edited:
I think that whenever our small, civilized, human brains, especially adult ones, are confronted with that which should be impossible, imaginary, and just a flight of fancy actually happens it's a lot easier to try to dismiss, forget and stick to the party line i.e. NOTHING HAPPENED.

Just out of curiosity, how old were you when you created the sketch up above, nine years old?

Last edited by a moderator:
no, this sketch was done significantly later. i found it in a pile of old files while scrubbing a computer. i would think it was drawn in the post university era - so somewhere around a decade and a half ago, perhaps even older. it's not really drawn for accuracy's sake as i look at it. this is a sketch just capturing the highlights of the moment.

i once went through my bedroom dresser drawer - you know, the one that boys keep with memories of this and that i.e. old rabbit's feet, special coins, photos, early love letters, scribbles about important moments etc. to try to find some kind of documentation from that time period to see if i wrote out my UFO experience. i could find nothing. i find this a little odd as i am very big into documentation, recording things, photos, journals, diaries etc. but perhaps this just happened before that phase of my life as i have yet to find any record of that evening. though it is still alive in the memory of my mom who still remembers me bursting in the door that night to tell the tale.

i still can't believe i didn't steal my dad's camera to get a picture of the burnt tree and radial shingle damage on the garage roof as that was the real hardcore evidence. but stealing your dad's camera carried massive punishments of unthinkable proportions, plus i never operated a camera at that age so it was just left as is.

I never went back to talk to the babysitter's daughter about what we saw and it remains as the most amazingly strange thing i've ever experienced in my life.
Track her down using Real Estate records and Internet -other friends/contacts. I think it is extremely important to try and find her to share that experience and discuss it.

I was confused by how the ships became more brightly luminous as they started to move higher and then disappear.

Hot air rises. Heat the air thermally by thermal-couple concept [it's noiseless] and it will glow through semi-transparent skin or on its surface. Beam an energy source externally to heat it too.

Were there color changes on the surface skin with the glowing too? What colors? Was it uniform, or how did it spread across the surface from where to where -the colors and/or luminosity?

Last edited:
Track her down using Real Estate records and Internet -other friends/contacts. I think it is extremely important to try and find her to share that experience and discuss it.
yes i am interested in finding this person though i don't prioritize it in any way as i know that memory is a funny thing - you only remember what you last remembered about any experience and that has a pretty big decay cycle to it unless you write things down. i wrote most things down in my youth but this experience was not one of them. i don't get that as i remember being pretty consumed by the event for quite some time.

i have "tracking this person down" slated as something to do when there's time to do it. i don't really obsess any more as there are other things in life that now take priority. but i do have the last name and feel like i can seek them out when the time comes. i don't feel like i need any kind of confirmation but would be interested in an alternative perspective. Of course, i always hate the idea of interrupting someone's life when decades have passed - you never know what kind of reception you'll get.

Hot air rises. Heat the air thermally by thermal-couple concept [it's noiseless] and it will glow through semi-transparent skin or on its surface. Beam an energy source externally to heat it too.

Were there color changes on the surface skin with the glowing too? What colors? Was it uniform, or how did it spread across the surface from where to where -the colors and/or luminosity?
from what i remember, there were multi-coloured lights around the edges of the disc, whereas the disc itself appeared uniform - metallic, grey. There may have been some glow to the body but that does not stand out. What stands out and is still a very singular memory is at the moment the two discs blasted off from their hovering position further away from our field, it was done with high drama, as they literally appeared to be heading straight out into space.

since batting about Vallee's control system back and forth in my head i feel that the whole experience is subject to scrutiny in ways i hadn't contemplated before. when i was a kid and growing up it was just a flying saucer, plain and simple. now, nothing is simple about this discussion and i have left open possibilities for something else taking place, something that created a certain set of effects for us, like a lure put on a fishing hook.

i wonder, when you think about some of the classic sightings, just how often humans have been baited by this type of experience to follow it, physically, mentally etc.?

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas. Also, what about the neighbors that saw the UFO too? Could they be found alive?

Btw, did the babysitter speak-up and shout pointing or just seem gog-smacked and in awe "frozen" ? How did you react while watching it? Staring and mesmerized and motionless? Or ?

I'm really looking forward to your Paracast today! I see more questions are coming in too. If you have time please chk'em out. Yes, I'm being selfish here, as you'll see I'm quite excited to provide some talking points. Thanks sincerely for doing the interview. :)

Last edited:
i wonder, when you think about some of the classic sightings, just how often humans have been baited by this type of experience to follow it, physically, mentally etc.?
That's one reason I'm so interested in what anyone else saw. But, PLEASE REALIZE you're at least a one in a million person to see such a unique sighting up and close with such amazing display and evidence of thermal heat and shape and size! You're hooked-in no matter what you do.

I had one dark triangle UFO sighting at night about 1998, but it was at least 2,000 feet up. Still and amazing sighting and not moving fast, so I can't say whether light-air or in-flight. But, it was definitely in violation of FAA rules flying without any lights. This "bird" was running silent in stealth mode over a city nearing a million population. I checked Davenport's database and added mine in, and there were some other sightings in the area. I did not know the exact date, so I have no idea whether there was a match or not.

My sense of the situation was it was a military test to see if people would detect it unmarked over a populace thinking it might be a B2. I was fooled once by an American Airlines jet that looked exactly like a metallic UFO "flying saucer" until it cleared the atmosphere enough to change its shape. I had even pulled over to watch it, as this was in broad daylight on a hot summer's day.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas. Also, what about the neighbors that saw the UFO too? Could they be found alive?

Btw, did the babysitter speak-up and shout pointing or just seem gog-smacked and in awe "frozen" ? How did you react while watching it? Staring and mesmerized and motionless? Or ?

I'm really looking forward to your Paracast today! I see more questions are coming in too. If you have time please chk'em out. Yes, I'm being selfish here, as you'll see I'm quite excited to provide some talking points. Thanks sincerely for doing the interview. :)
The offer came my way and it seems that things are lining up to create this situation - can't ignore the signs right - so I'm excited about this generous opportunity being given. I appreciate your excitement but have doubts about living up to the hype. Typing ideas is what I do all the time but speaking about it is a different level - fingers crossed it all goes well.

As kids we never talked to other adults, neighbours or even the owners of the house - I assume that their daughter answered all their questions. I berated my parents about it - they dismissed it. But it must have made an impression on my mom who remembered my frantic retelling that night quite well over a decade or so later.

My witness companion was totally gobsmacked - I think it's mentioned somewhere in here where she had stepped to the puck and was staring skyward, slack jawed and in awe, to which I followed suit when I saw what she was looking at.

And thanks for all the huge support on the question bank.

since batting about Vallee's control system back and forth in my head i feel that the whole experience is subject to scrutiny in ways i hadn't contemplated before. when i was a kid and growing up it was just a flying saucer, plain and simple. now, nothing is simple about this discussion and i have left open possibilities for something else taking place, something that created a certain set of effects for us, like a lure put on a fishing hook.

In your case, it seems you got the "we're here" message pretty clearly. You just need to confirm this with maybe more than one other witness from house and girl, though it seems obvious they were watching the same experience. Confirming would be most excellent.

I'm going to have to seriously research hologram projection...

Oh, how was the weather? Perfectly clear, cloudy, misty, or anything unusual about the lighting or weather? Was it dark or twilight or ?

Dark, nighttime, perfectly clear night with nice stars in attendence; we were under one large light for illumination of the rink. Crafts came from the opposite direction of the light.

I'll be honest; I've investigated the whole projection technology from a human tech angle and feel like we have limited capacity to come even close to what is being reported. But then, when you try to calculate the tech that could be available, or simply the capacities of whatever the intelligence and energy source of the UFO occupants might be - well anything is possible, isn't it?

I would have to guess. it was a school night - I think - and so up north in winter - after 5:30pm it can be pretty dark. i was out by myself - usually had to be in by 8 or 9ish at the latest i would think. It would have been after dinner so 6-8pm i would think. no twilight on the sky periphery at all - it was night.

Fascinating. And seeing the date of your original post as Dec. 09 of last year, I don't know how I managed to overlook this.

Perhaps someone has already asked--But did you and the babysitter's daughter discuss the event and its high strangeness at the time? It seems that in many such multiple witness cases, people often do not.

Fascinating. And seeing the date of your original post as Dec. 09 of last year, I don't know how I managed to overlook this.

Perhaps someone has already asked--But did you and the babysitter's daughter discuss the event and its high strangeness at the time? It seems that in many such multiple witness cases, people often do not.
you know, that's the issue right there. I remember all sorts of different interactions with this gal, especially the time she chased me and my buddy around her house with her brother's switchblade, or when she kept me locked up in their snow cave they had built one winter, but I have zero recollection of talking with her about the sighting. i don't understand why we would not sit down and compare notes, and i'm not saying that we didn't, as i spent a lot of time in that backyard, all seasons, so i feel like we must have processed it together, but i can not remember specifically if we ever did or what was said if we did. I do know that my friend was really annoyed that he had not stayed out on the rink to see the full show but had seen something i believe through the window in the house. we talked about it endlessly that whole year.

you know, that's the issue right there. I remember all sorts of different interactions with this gal, especially the time she chased me and my buddy around her house with her brother's switchblade, or when she kept me locked up in their snow cave they had built one winter, but I have zero recollection of talking with her about the sighting. i don't understand why we would not sit down and compare notes, and i'm not saying that we didn't, as i spent a lot of time in that backyard, all seasons, so i feel like we must have processed it together, but i can not remember specifically if we ever did or what was said if we did. I do know that my friend was really annoyed that he had not stayed out on the rink to see the full show but had seen something i believe through the window in the house. we talked about it endlessly that whole year.

Burnt, as you probably already know, this is all typical for this type of encounter. The closer witnesses are in physical proximity to this phenomenon, the more profoundly their subjective impressions and post incident behaviors are affected in some way.

Very interesting.

I would have to guess. it was a school night - I think - and so up north in winter - after 5:30pm it can be pretty dark. i was out by myself - usually had to be in by 8 or 9ish at the latest i would think. It would have been after dinner so 6-8pm i would think. no twilight on the sky periphery at all - it was night.
Thanks. Personally, I have REAL PROBLEMS with nighttime sightings. Not at all that you saw this, I believe it, BUT once the craft moved further away and went skyward... OH BOY, that can be faked easily at night, IMO. With the bright light on the rink area it might close down your pupils and night vision too. Where was the lighting? In front of you, and how did the lighting position change as you watched the UFO's? Did the UFO illuminate the area, roof, tree, etc.?

Was there a full moon? If you know the date, then that could be determined. Close to some life-event or holiday? Something to date stamp it with some association? The newspaper dates -recall looking for reports?

Was your vision 20/20 or excellent at the time of your sighting?

Finally, I'll share this event, when I was a child about 10yo I was star watching outside on the deck. I slept there often outside looking for shooting stars and satellites, etc. I actually saw a rocket lift-off above the treeline that seemed to be about 100-200 yards away. This looked like a large ICBM type missile, but it was not a toy by any means. It arched upwards into the sky with a large flame and rocket noise trailing behind it.

This was my imagination, a night vision, but I believed it was real as I watched it ascend into the heavens. This is NOT a comparison that matches your sighting with trace evidence and witnesses, so I'm not sure this means anything other than sharing my experience.

And thanks for all the huge support on the question bank.
You are welcome. Any chance this is available?...

I would like a copy of the image file artwork you did for your previous Avatar. The cute pony/horse and Frisbee. Is that available? I would like the highest quality image available. PLEASE. (Just to admire and enjoy.)

Back