• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Two interesting movies coming out!

The new Ron Howard movie starring Tom Hanks looks like it might be good. Don't know much about it yet though.

Really? Never read it (or DaVinci Code) so....

But hey, you know what they say about making movies from books, so perhaps the movie will be better, eh? *shrug*

I never read fiction. Well, there's a lot of fiction in the paranormal, but you know what I mean. I read like one Star Wars fiction book, it was pretty good. Everything else has been "non-fiction". Even in school I don't recall reading in it's entirety non-fiction. And they basically made us in the form of giving tests. Thankfully I'm good at guessing multiple choice tests and BSing and deducing fiction. Either that, or just lucky I passed. Kinda been curious about Gene's book though. Might read that someday. Reading At Home With God atm by Neale Donald Walsh. Some might laugh and call that fiction btw lol.

The book was boring as hell.

I gave the book 3 out 5. It was a fast read like DaVinci Code.

I think one of Dan Brown's strengths and or weakness is that his stuff is so darn easy to read. I'm not talking plot or subject matter but sentence and paragraph structure.

Those two books are a walk in the park compared to Neal Stephensons Baroque Cycle trilogy. Now there's a "wall of text"..but pretty cool once you get into it.

Is Peter Jackson the producer of District 9?
His name is attached to it as "presented by Peter Jackson." He and his wife are also working on the screenplay for 'The Hobbit,' directed by Guillermo Del Toro, which should start shooting next year.
Here's another upcoming flick I'm excited about. I hope it doesn't suck.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KEueJnsu80&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KEueJnsu80&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

His name is attached to it as "presented by Peter Jackson." He and his wife are also working on the screenplay for 'The Hobbit,' directed by Guillermo Del Toro, which should start shooting next year.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Guillermo Del Toro of Pan's Labyrinth and the like? :eek: WOW, THAT oughta be an...interesting version of The Hobbit, then! :D

Guillermo Del Toro of Pan's Labyrinth and the like? :eek: WOW, THAT oughta be an...interesting version of The Hobbit, then! :D

Yea I really liked that movie (Pan's Labyrinth), but it was a little more violent than I expected. I'm not really into the graphic violence.

Pan's Labyrinth is a seriously amazing film, and it seems to me that the violence was an integral part of the story, absolutely crucial in setting the emotional tone.

Yea I agree, but I still don't enjoy watching those kinda things. Just an aesthetic choice I guess.

Here's one I just found out about, looks cool:

Apple - Movie Trailers - Moon

dB

Ah thanks for that link! Someone was telling me about this movie... they said that it was being directed by David Bowie's son, is that true?

I was looking forward to Pans, till I learned it wasn't in English. I'd be too busy reading to pay attention to the visuals I figured.

I am looking forward to seeing District 8. Hopefully it will not be disappointment like The Day The Earth Stood Still remake was.

Back