• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Twenty-six ways to slander and intimidate

Free episodes:

Extremely thorough. As I read along I kept thinking of things and wondering if they'd be mentioned and sure enough there they'd be a couple of bullet-points later.

The quote from Hitler reminded me of this quote from Goebbels:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

And this one from Goering:

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

A lot of the disinformation is generated by the conspiracy theorists themselves. They seem to run their engines on bullshit.

A lot of the disinformation is generated by the conspiracy theorists themselves. They seem to run their engines on bullshit.

Disinformation is by definition deliberate, not hapless. It is directed on behalf of organizations and their goals. I have yet to read of any "theorists" with comparable resources or motivations.

Disinformation is by definition deliberate, not hapless. It is directed on behalf of organizations and their goals. I have yet to read of any "theorists" with comparable resources or motivations.

Then I suggest you start reading instead of looking at the pretty pictures.

Conspiracy theories are nothing more than manipulated bullshit for people who are easily manipulated. The term "sheeple" fucking drives me insane and it seems to be one of the very fiew choice insults from the theorists. I have been called a sheeple many, many times because I simply refuse to listen to conspiracy bullshit. I'll admit a lot of it is interesting but how much of it is actually factual? None. Why? Because if it were factual, it wouldn't be a conspiracy theory.

I am happy for anyone to prove me wrong but it seems people who thrive on conspiraciy theories do so regardless of the topic matter or how many times people have proven them wrong.

The more outrageous a conspiracy theory sounds, the less likely the masses are to believe it is possible and therefore the more likely it is to succeed. Doesn't make them TRUE of course, that's something completely seperate, I just think it's always worth bearing that in mind.

Sheeple is a funny term because it's all encompassing. Conspiracy enthusiasts are sheep to the theorists but refuse to see it.

Conspiracies DO exist of course but most historical conspiracies are small-scale affairs (ususally assinations) and not nearly as grandeos as say holographic lasers fired from UFOs to bring down the twin towers...

Good one. Clearly I don't read. But I have watched some fine documentaries, uh oh.

Moving on... CapnG, there are various levels of belief, of course. Was the World Trade Center hit with lasers? No, that's ridiculous. Was JFK (only) killed by Oswald? I very much doubt it.

Now if someone could just prove the general theory of relativity, I could believe in gravity.

Conspiracy theories are nothing more than manipulated bullshit for people who are easily manipulated. The term "sheeple" fucking drives me insane and it seems to be one of the very fiew choice insults from the theorists. I have been called a sheeple many, many times because I simply refuse to listen to conspiracy bullshit. I'll admit a lot of it is interesting but how much of it is actually factual? None. Why? Because if it were factual, it wouldn't be a conspiracy theory.

I am happy for anyone to prove me wrong but it seems people who thrive on conspiraciy theories do so regardless of the topic matter or how many times people have proven them wrong.

Nice demonstration of tactics one, two, and three...well done. :)

~Foo Fighter~

Back