• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Transcript of Strieber and Michael Shermer on Politically Incorrect

Schermer is an arrogant, ignorant, abusive asshole. His credibility is nil, IMO, and the fact that folks like Derek B. think highly of him makes me a bit ill.

dB

DerekB seems like a nice guy, but in my eyes he is a debunker in a skeptics clothing.

So it doesnt surprise me that he respects Shermer.

Schermer is an arrogant, ignorant, abusive asshole. His credibility is nil, IMO, and the fact that folks like Derek B. think highly of him makes me a bit ill.

dB

Yeh, I'm not fond of Sherbert either.

Oh, I relooked for that Whitley vid where the doc was attempting to remove the object from his ear, I mentioned on the phone the other day. Couldn't find it at youtube.

Hi there.

I mentioned this in a private email to David (I didn't know that there was a thread here), but I do have significant issues with Michael Shermer. The primary one is that he is a bit of a pompous ass. There is some dirty laundry between the Skeptics Society (Shermer's organization) and the Center For Inquiry (the IIG's homebase). I think Shermer has done some real good, but he also makes me cringe from time to time. No one is perfect after all.

I no longer get HBO, but I do subscribe to the Real Time with Bill Maher (I think that's what you meant when you wrote Politically Incorrect) podcast and this episode with Shermer and Strieber has not arrived yet. I assume something stupid happened which is what David was referring to in his email to me.

-Derek

Hi there.

I mentioned this in a private email to David (I didn't know that there was a thread here), but I do have significant issues with Michael Shermer. The primary one is that he is a bit of a pompous ass. There is some dirty laundry between the Skeptics Society (Shermer's organization) and the Center For Inquiry (the IIG's homebase). I think Shermer has done some real good, but he also makes me cringe from time to time. No one is perfect after all.

I no longer get HBO, but I do subscribe to the Real Time with Bill Maher (I think that's what you meant when you wrote Politically Incorrect) podcast and this episode with Shermer and Strieber has not arrived yet. I assume something stupid happened which is what David was referring to in his email to me.

-Derek

No, I meant Politically Incorrect. That is the show it was. Look at the article I posted and the pic. This was before Real Time, back in 2001.

No, I meant Politically Incorrect. That is the show it was. Look at the article I posted and the pic. This was before Real Time, back in 2001.

My apologies. I didn't click on the link originally. Based on David's email I thought something new had happened.

-Derek

Back