• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Total Relaxtion - Voices In Your Head ?

Do you hear voices, words, sounds, ... during your relaxation exercises ?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• I hear voices but that's the reason why I am in the happy home.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've has a few OBE's...some pleasant...some scary...the scary ones I came bursting out of my body, tumbling end over end until I spead my arms and yelled "STOP!!"...then I was pressed against my ceiling...i too, sensed a presence at my doorway, and I told him I was NOT going with him....then the BANG! and I was awake...I think that's the last real time I OBE'd, but sometimes my Dad and I would share dreams..same or similar on the same night...we were almost always going somewhere...
the thing I'm intrigued by in this thread is the spirit music. I hear this frequently in my house, and I'm amazed that so many people hear it too! I hear mine when I'm fully awake tho, and usually during the day. It's just beautiful awesome music...sometimes full...sometimes, just a woman's voice. It's very soothing. A friend suggested that it was radio waves trapped in the corner of my room...are there any thoughts on this? It does seem to manifest in the same corner of my room, altho there's tons of paranormal activity (none bad) in my house.

i have had a few OBE's too. one was after an accident in which i had broken my neck. i was above the car watching a guy trying to wake me up and get me out of my car. then i suddenly "woke up" and this guy was asking me if i was ok. ever since then i have had ringing in my ears 24/7/365. the ringing is much like about 6 Cicadas buzzing at different pitches. it is so loud it cancels out my music up to about volume 8 on the dial. it has nearly driven me nearly insane over the 35 years since it started.

pixelsmith said:
i have had a few OBE's too. one was after an accident in which i had broken my neck. i was above the car watching a guy trying to wake me up and get me out of my car. then i suddenly "woke up" and this guy was asking me if i was ok. ever since then i have had ringing in my ears 24/7/365. the ringing is much like about 6 Cicadas buzzing at different pitches. it is so loud it cancels out my music up to about volume 8 on the dial. it has nearly driven me nearly insane over the 35 years since it started.

bless your heart! my Dad had that too, but not as bad, I think. He used to OBE all the time, and it really freaked him out.

pixelsmith said:

Oh, that is awful! I'm sorry about that for you. I'm sure you've been to doctors and there is nothing they can do for you?
I haven't tried to OBE lately. It makes sense to me that if there is an aspect to it that would frighten me, I probably won't succeed. My stupid fear of planets and extreme heights and being out of control would be enough to keep me from having a successful separation from my body. Unfortunately, no OBE book I've ever read had a FAQ with "how do I stop being afraid of Jupiter?" :p
I appreciate the poster who explained what the voices one hears really are. That is interesting. Unfortunately, that doesn't make it less creepy when I still experience them on occasion. But at least I don't automatically think there may be intruders in my home or ghosts whispering in my ear!

Raevenskye said:
I've has a few OBE's...some pleasant...some scary...the scary ones I came bursting out of my body, tumbling end over end until I spead my arms and yelled "STOP!!"...then I was pressed against my ceiling...i too, sensed a presence at my doorway, and I told him I was NOT going with him....then the BANG! and I was awake...I think that's the last real time I OBE'd, but sometimes my Dad and I would share dreams..same or similar on the same night...we were almost always going somewhere...
the thing I'm intrigued by in this thread is the spirit music. I hear this frequently in my house, and I'm amazed that so many people hear it too! I hear mine when I'm fully awake tho, and usually during the day. It's just beautiful awesome music...sometimes full...sometimes, just a woman's voice. It's very soothing. A friend suggested that it was radio waves trapped in the corner of my room...are there any thoughts on this? It does seem to manifest in the same corner of my room, altho there's tons of paranormal activity (none bad) in my house.

Have you ever recorded the music? What sort of devices do you have in the room where it seems to occur?

A.LeClair said:
Have you ever recorded the music? What sort of devices do you have in the room where it seems to occur?

I've never tried to record it..maybe I should tho! The "music" room is my bedroom, and it's on the corner of the house. There is a TV/VCR/DVD in there, and other than a couple of lamps and clocks, nothing else electronic. My alarm clock also gains up to 20 minutes if left alone. Right now it's 10 minutes fast and gaining. I'll reset it, and it gains time...hehe.
Other people (in fact anyone who spends the night) usually hears a man and woman having a very serious discussion somewhere in the house. I've heard it too, but I can't make out what they're saying. They're very intense, tho.

Back