• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

To former MUFON message board members

stiver

Paranormal Novice
Any members of the former MUFON Message Board please contact me by pm.

stiver

Hi, Lance.

The short version of the story is this:

This morning the MUFON BOD requested that there message board be taken down. It was shut off without any notice to the members, moderators and the administrator of the board. The following is a quote from an e-mail of Clifford Clift to one of the members:

"Why yes I do remember you [name omitted] I did shut down the forum this morning since it seemed to be getting out of control. When we start our new web site, we will have a place for the forum. It will be members only and will be moderated very closely."

The former MUFON board members created a new board, trying to rebuild our community.

The web address to the new message board, now called Mufonia is:

Planet Mufonia - Login

stiver

Good, that forum should have been closed a long time ago. It was a black eye on Mufons' respectability/creditability and their disclaimers didn't get them off the hook for the whacked out stuff being indirectly supported by their organization.

Good, that forum should have been closed a long time ago. It was a black eye on Mufons' respectability/creditability and their disclaimers didn't get them off the hook for the whacked out stuff being indirectly supported by their organization.

What difference does it make if some people, many of whom weren't MUFON members, posted some silly things on a message board? Everyone was aware that nothing in there was endorsed by MUFON. As far as respectability/credibility goes there are quite a few card-carrying MUFON members that do a pretty good job destroying that. Chuck Zukowski, a MUFON STAR team member, endorses Stan Romanek for God's sake! Official silliness like that does a heck of a lot more damage to MUFON's reputation than some random non-members on a public forum do.

So was there anymore news on it? I used to be a member an logged on here an there an read up on some of the interesting stuff people would post. I admit there was some crazy people posting stuff that made everyone who has a genuine interest feel like they were whack jobs.

Back