• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Time Shifting/Space Shifting

Wonder-man

Paranormal Novice
David B. Thankyou for putting yourself out there about your trip from Boston to NY. In some ways the presentation was somewhat lower in excitement level than many of your other presentations. The implications were highly significant and very exciting by contrast. Let me lend some
support to your assertion that you gained 2 hours on your trip and that that experience might not be quite as "paranormal" as it would seem though the scope or degree is uncommon.

Let us assume that you were correct in your surmise of the time that you left Boston. If you were 2 hours off, that would quickly solve the puzzle.
I think it would have helped had you mapped your point of departure in relation to your last remembered time reference for Boston. On the other end map the approximate location of where you were when you noted the
time on the arrival end. The rough estimation of the over road distance
between those two points should be somewhere around 200 miles give or take. I lived in the area so I quickly identified with the road systems you were talking about. For others who might be less familiar this sort of map work would prove helpful.

It is noteworthy that you have a friend who is able to help witness the experience for you and that you seem to be a special sort of person
who has paranormal experiences and affects electronic (and other?) watches.

As exhibit "A" I would like to call your attention to this webcast from
the Laura Lee site. It is remarkable in several ways. There is a "space shift" as opposed to a "time shift" that happens spontaneously during a long routine driving experience. There is a "special" person at the wheel and a friend who is a witness to the shift. The point is made that both parties must have the kind of mind set that actually "allows for the possibility of miraculous, magical, paranormal happenings." Those that have not opened themselves up to that either tune themselves out or are tuned out in some way. "Whoa, unto you, ye unbelievers!" : ) Then there are others who by birth or by accident seem immediately open to these other levels of experience. http://www.lauralee.com/index.cgi?pid=3038

Exhibit "B" Whitley Strieber tells a story of returning a young friend of his son's to the boy's home. During the trip they seem to have space shifted to someplace else (and by implication a "some when" else) which they both witnessed. Whitley has repeatedly checked to ensure that this experience was not a simple case of getting lost. Whitley also seems to be a "special person" from the standpoint that he too messes with electronic equipment unintentionally and has paranormal experiences. The experience took place on a routine car trip.

Actually, you might consider polling your readers to find out how many of them have had an experience where they were able to travel from point A
to point B at a rate of speed that made the achievement "impossible" in terms of the elapsed time that is normally required to travel between those two points. The difference though is usually only 5, 10, maybe 15 minutes so it is just dismissed or noted for a short while and then forgotten. I'm not talking about a situation where one just travels faster over the same route or gets lucky with the lights and the traffic. I think
your readers may be familiar with the kind of experience I'm talking about
Sometimes this happens unconsciously and sometimes it happens out of need where the person might pray about it or ask for some sort of "divine help." I would suggest that your experience just might be a more pronounced expression of that more familiar phenomena which shows many of us have a similar potential even though we might not seem to be "special."

I feel uncomfortable suggesting this and I'm not sure you would feel comfortable accepting this suggestion, but would you and your friend consider being hypnotically regressed back to that time and simply recounting your memories of the experience from your hidden unconscious
perspective? If there are a minimum of questions asked and the material recovered is mainly your recounting of your experience that would lower
the tendency for "confabulation" or false memory during the experience.
You would still have to cope with the fact that memory is selective and edits out most of the routine stuff, tends to keep things with some emotional association over the longer term (so you both might recall a
lot of detail about the conversations that you were both so engrossed in)
and that memory also tends to degrade over time. Still, the exercise might be worth it and you might find some nuggets that will help you to better understand what happened to you both. I am NOT suggesting that you were the subject of an alien abduction.

That reminds me though that there was one reported case in AR where instead of missing time the party gained 15 minutes on the ride home from point A to point B instead of having a period of "missing time." That's the only one I've heard of like that and I've met the investigator on that case and believe him to be credible though that doesn't actually prove the claim. The point is, I believe he tried to be as thorough as he could in documenting the evidence he had for the claim.

Now for a another eyeopener story. I have personally met with and interviewed the woman to whom this has happened. I have not interviewed the witness, but have no reason to believe that the witness would not support the story as told. The subject of the experience had recently undergone intensive training to use the unconscious in what we would term "novel modes of healing." One of those modes involves a technique called "time travel," which I will not explain here. She was
a sensative or somewhat special to begin with and this training seemed to
open her up to "greater possibilities."

While at work she accidently stepped off a 4 foot high loading dock
while loading a truck. She felt her hip and leg twist under her body in a very painful fashion as she hit the ground and a vision of being awakened by paramedics while traveling in an ambulance toward a medical facility flashed before her eyes as she passed into unconsciousness. She awakened to see a co-worker hovering over her and asking if she was all
right. She got up and found that she was pain free and everything in her
leg seemed to be working just fine. The friend commented that from her
perspective it had seemed like a nasty fall. As they headed back into the warehouse the person who had fallen noted that the clock indicated that
the time was approx 2:15 or something in that vicinity I don't remember
what it was precisely. The surprise was that when they had gone out to
load the truck it had been closer to 4:15 and the end of the workday. They
were both looking forward to finishing filling up the truck and heading home. The co-worker asserted that clock MUST be wrong and suggested she would check the time card clock which would HAVE TO BE RIGHT. She came back very upset because the punch clock confirmed the earlier time. Did anyone else notice anything unusual or different? Evidently not. Hmmm...
the world had just shifted backwards by about two hours....the co worker
was upset because she would now have to work those two hours all over again, but nobody else seemed to notice anything different. Unfortunately, no one made note of how filled the truck was and I should have asked, but
that would have been another way to verify the truth of their experience.
Did the truck empty itself during the time change or did it remain almost
full? I think the discontinuities in such experiences are worth noting.

Another interesting angle to this story is that both ladies seemed to have had shifts (actually it is more like inertia) in their biological clocks in that those clocks were still running two hours ahead of where the standard terrestrial time references were showing. They were sleepy two hours before regular bed time that evening. They were hungery two hours before regular lunch the next day and it felt like quitting time two hours before it came time to actually leave. I suppose one could dismiss this story as simply a shared delusion. You may if you wish, but time shifts and space shifts do happen to people both those that seem special and those deemed "less special."

These are the kinds of things that are worth "wondering" about.

Has your friend Jeff Ritzman had any kinds of experiences that would
fit into this kind of framework?

I believe there have also been some stories about people experiencing
time shifts in crop circles or at ancient sacred sites. Normally, we accept
the paranormal as happening at special places like that NOT in the everyday world of a comfortable car on a long familiar drive, but why not?
Possibly, we are in the process of learning that space and time are far more malleable in character than we have been led to believe.

Thanks again for keeping it (un)REAL gentlemen. ; )

Jeff has had a similar experience. He discusses it on his first appearance here.

I was thinking about polling people on time anomalies awhile back, but didn't for whatever reason. I'll make a poll, and David can change it if he wants.

Whitley Streiber reports that he and one of his son's friends had an experience similar, yet somewhat different than David. He appear seamlessly in another location while driving. They won't weigh much with many folks here since many regulars dislike him. Just thought I'd mention it.

Back