• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Tim Good's Source for the Original MJ 12 Documents?

RustyShackleford

Skilled Investigator
Hello all,

I've recently been doing a bit of research into the origins of the original MJ 12 papers but have hit something of a dead end. I'm hoping someone on this board may be able to provide me with a few extra pieces of this rather complex jigsaw.

I know that the original MJ 12 documents were provided to two different groups of researchers. The first being the Bill Moore, Jamie Shandera and Stanton Friedman group, whilst the second was Tim Good.

I'm well versed in the account of how these documents were obtained by the Moore/Shandera/Friedman group (manila envelope through Shandera’s letterbox) but I'm struggling to establish how the MJ 12 documents came into Tim Good's possession.

In his book, Above Top Secret, Good states that the MJ 12 documents were 'made available' to him in early 1987, but doesn't give any further information with regards to his source. Fast forward to 2006 and with the publication of his book, Need to Know, Good reveals a little more, stating that the source was an American. Lastly, Richard Dolan has stated that Good has told him that although the source was not Richard Doty, they were probably connected to Doty.

And, rather frustratingly, that is all the information I have been able to obtain on Tim Good’s source for these documents.

I have even contacted the now retried Good, via his agent, and asked him directly, if, after all this time, he’d now consider revealing his source, but sadly he declined.

As I have now come up against something of a brick wall I was wondering if anyone on here has any further information that may assist in establishing Good’s source?

If we assume that Moore and/or Doty had some involvement, it doesn't really matter anymore. It was a hoax then, and a hoax now.

If we assume that Moore and/or Doty had some involvement, it doesn't really matter anymore. It was a hoax then, and a hoax now.

Hi Gene,

I too believe that the MJ 12 documents are forgeries. However, what I'm interested in, is finding out who created them, and for what purpose. This is why I'm trying to identify Goods source, as if we can do this, I'm sure this would go some way to answering these two questions,

As I'm sure you'll agree, throughout the 1980s the UFO field appears to have been subjected to a series of disinformation attempts by persons unknown. We know some of the players (Doty), but we don't know who was behind the scenes pulling the strings, nor what their motivation was. If we can find out who created the MJ 12 documents (and that's a big 'if') then I think this would go a long way in answering the '
who’, 'what’, 'where’ and 'why’ of this whole disinformation campaign, and ultimately improve our understanding of this crucial period of time in Ufology's history.

By the way, are there any plans to get Doty back on the show? I'd certainly like to have the opportunity to ask him one or two questions.

Tim Good had some very close contacts in with M and like said before Mr Lazar was the genuine chap. Have no doubt some type of MJ exsit in the upper echelon of power. As in China and Russia.

Always happy to hear from you.

But I still don't buy the MJ-12 documents. Did you read Kevin Randle's takedown of them?

Yes got his excellent books and no doubt their is more to MJ than whats been uncovered . Remember Mr Lazar and halls of records you dont keep archives just to collect dust Gene.

Back