• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Thomas Fusco

I just listened to the Fusco fiasco. I have a B.Sc in Physics from the University of Winnipeg. All my life I have kept up on the field as it is my muse. Mr. Fusco is in error, his theory is foolish and uneducated. It was painfully obvious that he is just shucking a book to the uneducated masses. I had to openly laugh at many places, was his intention to be a comedian? I do not know where to start as the whole thing is laughable. Reasoning by analogy is never a tenable position, that is all he does. Bringing the Bible into what is supposed to be a physics discussion almost made me swallow my tongue. Bringing the Bible into a conversation of what is real with what people wish to be real, is a huge disconnect. Its like trying to measure emotions in Pascals. God does not explain anything, it has NO place in science. By definition it can not. Anyway how does he know which God created the Universe, it could have been Zeus, Mithra, Zamiel, or hell even Scooby-Doo.

This episode is only good as diversionary laugh, not Chris or Genes fault, they were great as always.

Peace.

My listening habits are asynchronous and I’m only just catching up with this episode. Thanks for expressing so well what I was thinking – and actually having the credential to do it. I suspect the look that physicists give him as he ‘reconfigures their education in about two minutes’ isn’t shock and awe at all, it’s more of a ‘back slowly away no sudden moves’ look.

Seems only a handful of folks, such as Ufology, actually tried to give an objective hearing to the content of Mr. Fusco's interview. It never ceases to amaze me how some can be so violently prejudiced that, at the mere mentioning of terms such as "Intelligent Design" or "Creator" or "God" or "Judeo-Christian," they refuse to hear anything else that is being said, reflexively falling back on personal attacks, insults and stereotyping so they can dismiss the speaker out of hand, thus sparing themselves from having to actually exert themselves to understand the argument.

If you truly listen to Mr. Fusco, he said he is NOT interested in trying to answer the questions of who or what or why "God" or the creative intelligence or the informational source and uncaused cause of the Singularity is. Instead, he wants to figure out how "It" did and is continually doing all that we see materializing around us, and how that can assist us in understanding paranormal activities. It was a 3-hour interview in which he gave only a very brief mention to the interesting correlations we can see between his model and the theological speculations of monotheistic religions, but that's about as far as it went. To turn him into something he's not so this thread can safely be ignored I think is truly shameful and a grave insult to Mr. Fusco's intelligence.

GREAT guest, GREAT interview, GREAT food for thought! Gene and Chris, thank you for bringing Mr. Fusco back!

Last edited:
The interview with Mr. Fusco was very interesting, although it was high enough physics that it was hard to understand. I wasn't sure what to make of the special geometry he was talking about, but it did remind me of sacred geometry throughout all cultures and how it related to the meaning of the universe. Two days alter I was reading my Jan/Feb issue of Discover magazine and saw an article on the Amplituhedron, a geometric object that reduces many quantum physics equations into this neat structure. Maybe Mr. Fusco is really on to something!
Also, I LOVED to hear how he was collaborating with an experimentalist to study the paranormal, and was thrilled to hear of new ways to scientifically test for paranormal events. Finally some new possibly ground breaking research!
For more information on the new theory of the Amplituhedron, please read this: Physicists Discover Geometry Underlying Particle Physics | Simons Foundation

Seems only a handful of folks, such as Ufology, actually tried to give an objective hearing to the content of Mr. Fusco's interview. It never ceases to amaze me how some can be so violently prejudiced that, at the mere mentioning of terms such as "Intelligent Design" or "Creator" or "God" or "Judeo-Christian," they refuse to hear anything else that is being said, reflexively falling back on personal attacks, insults and stereotyping so they can dismiss the speaker out of hand, thus sparing themselves from having to actually exert themselves to understand the argument.

If you truly listen to Mr. Fusco, he said he is NOT interested in trying to answer the questions of who or what or why "God" or the creative intelligence or the informational source and uncaused cause of the Singularity is. Instead, he wants to figure out how "It" did and is continually doing all that we see materializing around us, and how that can assist us in understanding paranormal activities. It was a 3-hour interview in which he gave only a very brief mention to the interesting correlations we can see between his model and the theological speculations of monotheistic religions, but that's about as far as it went. To turn him into something he's not so this thread can safely be ignored I think is truly shameful and a grave insult to Mr. Fusco's intelligence.

GREAT guest, GREAT interview, GREAT food for thought! Gene and Chris, thank you for bringing Mr. Fusco back!

Exactly and I'm glad the hosts addressed this in round tree interview. A lot of folks questioned his physics yet never bothered to explain why they didn't make sense.

I didn't notice any "violently prejudiced" people, only some of us with a decent science background questioning his approach and his physics.

If there is anything truly shameful or gravely insulting its expecting us to buy what he has to say based on his say so.

jpw, you seem to have more issue with the questioners then the guest who does not support his assertions very well. And the personal attacks part, questioning someone’s background is not a personal attack, its a valid line of reasoning because they are the ones that put themselves out there. If they do not want to be questioned about it then they need not to open themselves to scrutiny by claiming things.

While I was born at night, it wasn't last night. I have listened to the Paracast for a couple of years now. I enjoy it to an extent. Chris' stuff about the trickster is excellent and I believe I've met a couple of occasion but that would be for another forum, the commercials are a bit tedious but that goes with the territory. I finally decided to get involved due to some of the guests frankly being “ out there” and to question when something seems ‘ amiss’.

I didn't notice any "violently prejudiced" people, only some of us with a decent science background questioning his approach and his physics.

If there is anything truly shameful or gravely insulting its expecting us to buy what he has to say based on his say so.

jpw, you seem to have more issue with the questioners then the guest who does not support his assertions very well. And the personal attacks part, questioning someone’s background is not a personal attack, its a valid line of reasoning because they are the ones that put themselves out there. If they do not want to be questioned about it then they need not to open themselves to scrutiny by claiming things.

While I was born at night, it wasn't last night. I have listened to the Paracast for a couple of years now. I enjoy it to an extent. Chris' stuff about the trickster is excellent and I believe I've met a couple of occasion but that would be for another forum, the commercials are a bit tedious but that goes with the territory. I finally decided to get involved due to some of the guests frankly being “ out there” and to question when something seems ‘ amiss’.
I have listened to the show for quite some time now. I always keep in mind that there is no scientific instrument today that can prove that ghosts exists. Like anything in the paranormal it can not be proven with any degree of certainty, you always have to be suspend the rational part of your mind to go against what you have been taught.
As far as credentials are concerned, If the person has done the research then I credit it more than relying on his or her credentials.

I don't necessarily disagree with you about suspending disbelief, it goes with the territory. He compared himself to Tesla which was a bit much. As for credentials or higher education it shows commitment , dedication and discipline, not all are capable or they make different life choices.

Back