• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

This guy has some compelling footage of poltergeist activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

methshin

Japans Underground Robot Army
Videos looks pretty clean to me and it seems like it'd be a lot of work to create these effects. The videos are fairly recent so I thought I'd show them to y'all. I told the poster to come on over to the forums and discuss these things, hopefully he does.

He has three videos so far.

I hates me some poultergeese...no damn manners at all. This guy has got a bad case if this isn't hoaxed.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Compelling vids. Well done fake or real I dunno.

However I'm always suspicious of YouTube videos unless it comes with some good provenance. Which most YouTube vids lack.

If legit this guy needs to stop posting to YouTube and get some respectable investigators in their like yesterday.

Compelling vids. Well done fake or real I dunno.

However I'm always suspicious of YouTube videos unless it comes with some good provenance. Which most YouTube vids lack.

If legit this guy needs to stop posting to YouTube and get some respectable investigators in their like yesterday.

Videos were posted in the beginning of July.

They seem fake to me...yet, what would a REAL one look like to compare it too? *shrug* But..when that bottle fell, something seemed to have shifted within the fabric of the film, as if it was stopped, restarted or something like that..(I don't know crap about effects, etc. just my opinion).

Probably cause a bunch of people were giving him shit for faking it. Personally, I think it's great, he shows in detailed steps how poultergeist activity can be easily produced, and for someone who doesn't know a lot about editing film and all that, I thought it was helpful, and kinda funny.

Right. And this kind of stuff is neccessary to understand what is possible in the realm of video editing, hoaxing, etc. It's quite useful to know even if it upsets the believer crowd. I would personally like to see more of this type of thing demonstrating what people think of as "legit" and "not possible to hoax".

Right. And this kind of stuff is neccessary to understand what is possible in the realm of video editing, hoaxing, etc. It's quite useful to know even if it upsets the believer crowd. I would personally like to see more of this type of thing demonstrating what people think of as "legit" and "not possible to hoax".

100% agree.

I don't get it - was the video from the same guy admitting how he did it or as was it someone else who pointed out how it was faked? What did I miss!

Ho, ho, ho, ho... those vids shown in this thread are HILARIOUS!! But hate to break it to you guys but the poltergeist phenomenon is as real as it gets.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CHAIRS MOVE ABOUT by themselves. Walls shake from loud, unexplained banging. Water drips from a ceiling. Hairbrushes disappear for days, only to reappear in their place on the dresser. These are some of the classic symptoms of a poltergeist haunting. From the German for “noisy ghost,” a poltergeist refers to phenomena usually credited to mischievous spirits or ghosts and are characterized by psychokinesis or other physical manifestations.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cases have been cited almost since the beginning of recorded history. Three famous cases have taken place in this century, gaining notoriety, perhaps, because they have been extensively investigated, reported, and in some cases even photographed and videotaped.[/FONT]
Source and information on the 3 cases cited in the above comments by the author of this article: Poltergeists: Three Famous Cases
#1 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Thornton Heath Poltergeist Case
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Enfield Poltergeist Case
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Danny Poltergeist Case [/FONT]

Even if it were legit, no one follows the protocols which qualify their footage as "evidence" so it's all a complete waste of time.

You'd think with all the stories people post of alleged hauntings that someone would have captured something substantial by now.

Hey jose,
Do your research. There are video's of actual potergeist events on the internet... I'm not going to do your research for you though.
And please research on things like this before you comment on them... thank-you.

Even if it were legit, no one follows the protocols which qualify their footage as "evidence" so it's all a complete waste of time.

You'd think with all the stories people post of alleged hauntings that someone would have captured something substantial by now.

I'm with Jose on this one.. I've seen a hell of a lot of supposed "proof" of ghosts on TV and the internet... but nothing is substantial enough to warrant declaring it "proven" Every single one of them is the kind of thing that could be faked without too much trouble. Considering now that CG/special effects is so advanced, it would take incredible examples of paranormal activity to be considered proof. The extremely well crafted "UFO Releases Intelligent Spheres" video is a perfect example of how clever and advanced hoaxes have become.

I suppose if I ever had a personal experience, my views might be swayed, but that's unlikely to be "proof" for anyone else but myself unless I had multiple witness with multiple simultaneous recordings that could be repeated :)

There was a one hour documentary on tv in Britain, not too long ago, on the Enfield Poltergeist case.
I found it very interesting but I can't expect that those of you who have already made up your minds that there are no such things as the poltergeist phenomenon to view this documentary -- and, you know?... that's a real shame because unless you educate yourselves on those different kinds of well documented paranormal phenomena that have been occurring all throughout history, you never truly will understand the UFO phenomenon either. An authentic researcher in the UFO field is also just as knowledgeable about paranormal phenomena; including the history of it. You can choose to say that you don't believe in any of this stuff but that's not going to make it go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back