• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Zorgy's

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Hey you all! For all you folks that voted for Dark Matters Radio (and it was a surprise when Paul announced it) THANK YOU! We are only trailing Binnall of American by a couple of votes. I really want to say thanks again, it makes me feel like it is worth it, and damn it let me say it again ... Thank You All!

Don

To be honest, DMR really deserves the win on this one. Binnall wins every year and what you have achieved with great episodes 5 days a week is unbelievable.
All that is needed now is for all of us listeners to help get the word out as much as possible.

Keep up the great work Don, DMR rocks

There have been some questions raised elsewhere about why Zorgrot and I nominated DMR, given that it didn't begin new broadcasts until 2010. However, as Don was posting old shows back in 2009, I considered the program eligible for the year past. I mean, it's not like we're talking live radio here - a podcast is current once it's posted in that format.

Of course, anyone who would get too concerned about something like this has deeper issues. ;-)

Well, most of the day, Saturday, has been a "nail-biter" with DMR being ahead, then the "other" show surging, DMR coming back, and etc. etc. etc.!

I must admit that I never have listened to an episode of this "other" show so I decided to wander on over to their site and see what I been missing. Now, never having heard this "other" show I thought it was only fair to listen to how the host interviews his guests, what kind of guests he has on and so forth. Well, the show I decided to listen to a 1/2 hour or so was with none-other than Mr. John Lear.

Now, to be perfectly fair, allow me to say that I know Mr. Lear, realize that he is "bat-shit" crazy, at least when it comes to UFOs, UFO stuff, and I suppose most other things. I only could listen to about 20 minutes when I decided I either could shut it off or jam sharp pencils into each ear ... real hard.

Okay, I may be just a bit jaded or even "old-school" but is this what paranormal radio has degenerated into?

Just saying ...

Decker

Well, most of the day, Saturday, has been a "nail-biter" with DMR being ahead, then the "other" show surging, DMR coming back, and etc. etc. etc.!

I must admit that I never have listened to an episode of this "other" show so I decided to wander on over to their site and see what I been missing. Now, never having heard this "other" show I thought it was only fair to listen to how the host interviews his guests, what kind of guests he has on and so forth. Well, the show I decided to listen to a 1/2 hour or so was with none-other than Mr. John Lear.

Now, to be perfectly fair, allow me to say that I know Mr. Lear, realize that he is "bat-shit" crazy, at least when it comes to UFOs, UFO stuff, and I suppose most other things. I only could listen to about 20 minutes when I decided I either could shut it off or jam sharp pencils into each ear ... real hard.

Okay, I may be just a bit jaded or even "old-school" but is this what paranormal radio has degenerated into?

Just saying ...

Decker

Now, this is how I reacted to a call from John Lear when he called into Dark Matters Radio when I was interviewing Allan Sturm on one of my Lunar shows several weeks ago.

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/JohnLearCall.mp3

Decker

"Okay, I may be just a bit jaded or even "old-school" but is this what paranormal radio has degenerated into?"

The current state of affairs is one of the reasons we're all so happy that you're back.

Somebody has to raise the bar back up and you've already started on doing that. Kudos to you sir!

*with re: to degeneration, I foist some of the blame onto Noory for lowering that damn bar so damn low.

Hi Don,

Its great to have former law enforcement officers like yourself and Mr Kevin Smith hosting radio shows. Keep up the great work guys.
Thankyou to all the policemen and women for your service!

CIAO,
blowfish

Binnall of America is a real mixed bag imo. I like the host, and I like the podcasts when they have someone sane on there but about 70% of the time the guests are either boring or insane. I think Binnall really likes all the colourful characters in ufology, even if they are nuts.

Back