• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The War Photo No One Would Publish

So I ask you: what would ever become of The Dude if he decided not to confront the intruders who peed on his rug?

That rug really tied the room together, did it not.

It sure did.

And knowing what I know about Charlie P. I have to say this should all turn out to be pretty interesting.

I have studied several different historical time periods where war was determined to be absolutely necessary to avoid a greater evil,

Wars are nothing but rich people using their human cattle to fight other rich people for natural resources. You should stop helping them by claiming that wars are "necessary".

If I am wrong, use your knowledge of history to show me any war where that was not the case.

Wars are nothing but rich people using their human cattle to fight other rich people for natural resources. You should stop helping them by claiming that wars are "necessary".

I believe you have already raised this point and my question was more inquisitive towards the basis of your opinion. What exactly is that basis?

If I am wrong, use your knowledge of history to show me any war where that was not the case.

You may not necessarily be "wrong," but I have a different opinion based on my own perception of historical facts and social studies. If you would like another example of when war was necessary, I would recommend you research the expansion of the Ottoman Turks and their eventual downfall brought by adjoining nations who sought to prevent global conquest. The leaders of that Empire joined together with the peasants side-by-side to fend off opposition and to perpetuate their war efforts. Another example comes from the English knights who fought for the King of England and often held some of the highest rankings within the Kingdom.

Are you at all prepared to answer my question? I believe it would be helpful towards understanding your position.

It sure did.

And knowing what I know about Charlie P. I have to say this should all turn out to be pretty interesting.

@Burnt State - I now understand what you mean.

@Charlie Prime - I have done enough to attempt to educate you already. If you cannot explain your own position on this issue, including your basis for it, then I must resort to conclude that you truly do not understand what you are saying to begin with. Best of luck to you, sir.

Back