• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The US Counterintelligence Response to News about the Pentagon UFO Program

Thomas R Morrison

Paranormal Adept
So lately I’ve been monitoring YouTube for updates about the Pentagon’s Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP), because I want to hear what experts have to say about the ATFLIR footage we’ve seen, and see related news about it.

And about a week ago I noticed a sudden flood of new YouTube content with titles including keywords like “Pentagon” and “UFO” – except the content had nothing to do with the Pentagon's program; instead, the audio and video files were old UFO-related talks, documentaries, television specials, etc.

At first I figured that opportunistic jerks were just trying to generate clicks to earn Google AdSense cash. But today I took a closer look and discovered that brand new YouTube accounts with different usernames are posting irrelevant files that share the exact same titles, and even identical descriptions – and none of them are ad-enabled so these bogus videos aren’t generating ad income for anyone.

Therefore I’m forced to conclude that we’re seeing US counterintelligence deliberately contaminating the search engines to make relevant information about this program harder to find. Because I can see no other explanation for the facts at hand. If anyone has an alternate explanation, then please share it with us.

Let me show you what I’ve found.

Secret Pentagon UFO program unveiled (posted yesterday)
Posted by Shane Carrasco (this profile is 1 day old, and yesterday uploaded 12 lame videos about ET’s and the Pyramids and Planet X, etc.)
- This is an old audio interview with Richard Dolan that has nothing to do with the Pentagon’s UFO program

Posted by Elmer Sheena (this profile is 1 day old, and yesterday uploaded 12 lame videos about UFO’s and aliens, etc.)
- This is an old video talk by Richard Dolan that has nothing to do with the Pentagon’s UFO program

Posted by Randall Shaffer (this profile is 1 day old, and yesterday uploaded 12 lame videos about UFO’s, Planet X, aliens, etc.)
- This is an old podcast interview with Stephen Bassett that has nothing to do with the Pentagon’s UFO program

Posted by Harry Willadsen (this profile is 1 day old, and yesterday uploaded 12 lame videos about UFO’s, the Pleidian aliens, Billy Meier, and the Moon landing conspiracy)
- This is a brief video about Area 51 that has nothing to do with the Pentagon’s UFO program

That’s just one example – YouTube is now flooded with fake content that comes up when you search for “Pentagon ufo” – you’ll find all kinds of similar garbage being posted by new YouTube accounts in the search results:
pentagon ufo - YouTube

So I think it’s crystal clear from this evidence that somebody’s spending a lot of time and effort to muddy the waters, and to associate the Pentagon’s AATIP story with bogus nonsense (Planet X, Billy Meier, Moon landing conspiracy theories, etc). And although it galls me because it seems that our tax dollars are being spent to crap all over the internet and make relevant information harder to find, it also suggests that our intelligence agencies really want to bury this story – which only reinforces its significance, in my estimation.

This isn’t a new or uncommon tactic – it’s a form of astroturfing, which is now an online epidemic. Which is why I get suspicious when a big story like this breaks, and suddenly a bunch of new and previously inactive posters slither out of the woodwork to flood discussion threads with banal/negative/conspiracy comments – that’s just another form of the same strategy: it makes the relevant information harder to find, and it makes the threads so unappealing that casual readers give up on the subject entirely.

If you think my position here seems unduly suspicious, then I suggest that you have a look at this document which was leaked by Edward Snowden, which provides a sense of the sophistication and the breadth of government disinformation operations (PsyOps) which are now a routine feature of online communications:

"The Art of Deception: Training for a New Generation of Online Covert Operations"
https://edwardsnowden.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/the-art-of-deception-training-for-a-new.pdf

Last edited:
Excellent reasoning and research Thomas.
I would also consider the religious angle too.
I have noticed a trend in Ufology over the years where those with strong faith who consider a ETsH a direct challenge to their spiritual paradigm to go quite hard in this area.
This particular case already has that element by some accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent reasoning and research Thomas.
I would also consider the religious angle too.
I have noticed a trend in Ufology over the years where those with strong faith who consider a ETsH a direct challenge to their spiritual paradigm to go quite hard in this area.
This particular case already has that element by some accounts.
Thanks mike. They're still at it like gangbusters, and some of the bogus accounts posting misleading content today feature Bible prophesy and other rubbish like that very prominently.

Here's another batch of particularly obvious disinformation that was uploaded under fake user accounts just today - apparently these operatives are instructed to post a total of 12 videos, because nearly all of them post that number of videos all at once, presumably as a smokescreen for those "secret Pentagon UFO program" videos that have nothing to do with the Pentagon UFO program:

Secret Pentagon UFO program revealed (posted today)
Posted by Evangeline Collene (this profile has posted 61 videos about Bible prophesy in the last 9 hours)
- This is an old CBS news clip about the Kepler program and has nothing to do with the Pentagon’s UFO program

Posted by Theda Kaufman (this profile is <1 day old and has posted 12 lame videos about HAARP mind control, aliens, ufos, and men in black over the last 10 hours)
- This is an old TV special about ufos and has nothing to do with the Pentagon’s UFO program

Posted by Alonso Aretha (this profile is <1 day old and has posted 12 lame videos about aliens, alien abductions and demons over the last 9 hours)
- This is the same old podcast interview with Stephen Bassett that we saw from a different YouTube account yesterday and has nothing to do with the Pentagon’s UFO program

Posted by Dorinda Lou (this profile is <1 day old and has posted 12 lame videos about fundamental Christianity, and Men in Black over the last 14 hours)
- This is a collection of really bad fake ufo clips that nothing to do with the Pentagon’s UFO program

Posted by Agripina Wann (this profile has posted 50 of Steven Greer's "Sirius Disclosure" interview videos over the last 16 hours)
- This is a collection of Steven Greer's "Sirius Disclosure" interview videos that nothing to do with the Pentagon’s UFO program

Posted by Kris Julianna (this profile is <1 day old and has posted 12 lame videos about UFOs, the Reptilian Presence, conspiracy theories, Forbidden Archaeology, and an anti-evolution video over the last 10 hours)
- This is a video about Erich Von Daniken and his Chariots of the Gods book that nothing to do with the Pentagon’s UFO program

Posted by Tianna Mitsue (this profile is <1 day old and has posted 12 lame videos about alien abductions, aliens among us, alien invasion, David Icke, and Atlantis over the last 11 hours)
- This is a video about ufo and paranormal investigations that nothing to do with the Pentagon’s UFO program

This is such an appalling attack against our public communications system that it should be illegal, and it used to be, but the treasonous amendment to the 2013 NDAA repealed key Smith-Mundt Act protections which threw open the doors for government agencies to conduct PsyOps against American citizens.

I've started flagging them to see if YouTube/Google takes them down. If anyone else can take a moment to report these fake videos using the "Spam or misleading --> misleading text" option, then we can fight back against this corruption of our information system. Thank you!

Last edited:
Keep in mind too that long before the USG noted the value of Psyops, religion the great great grand daddy of Psyops had perfected the art.
Absolutely. It worked like this: You can't arrest our beloved king because he's gone over the hill there causing it to rain loaves of bread, and off the Romans would trot to check it out. By the time they got there he was down walking on water, so off they'd trot to catch him at the harbour, but by the time they got there he'd be off someplace else miraculously healing someone, anyplace but the Essenes main center of operations. Eventually the Romans just got sick of the wild goose chase and nailed some poor scapegoat to the cross and declared victory.

A classic religious Psyop was the introduction of Hell.

Early Judaism had no concept of Hell, although the concept of an afterlife was introduced during the Hellenistic period, apparently from neighboring Hellenistic religions. It occurs for example in Book of Daniel. Daniel 12:2 proclaims "And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt."

Judaism does not have a specific doctrine about the afterlife, but it does have a mystical/Orthodox tradition of describing Gehinnom. Gehinnom is not Hell, but originally a grave and in later times a sort of Purgatory where one is judged based on one's life's deeds, or rather, where one becomes fully aware of one's own shortcomings and negative actions during one's life. The Kabbalah explains it as a "waiting room" (commonly translated as an "entry way") for all souls (not just the wicked). The overwhelming majority of rabbinic thought maintains that people are not in Gehinnom forever; the longest that one can be there is said to be 12 months, however there has been the occasional noted exception. Some consider it a spiritual forge where the soul is purified for its eventual ascent to Olam Habah (heb. עולם הבא; lit. "The world to come", often viewed as analogous to heaven). This is also mentioned in the Kabbalah, where the soul is described as breaking, like the flame of a candle lighting another: the part of the soul that ascends being pure and the "unfinished" piece being reborn.

According to Jewish teachings, hell is not entirely physical; rather, it can be compared to a very intense feeling of shame. People are ashamed of their misdeeds and this constitutes suffering which makes up for the bad deeds. When one has so deviated from the will of God, one is said to be in Gehinnom. This is not meant to refer to some point in the future, but to the very present moment. The gates of teshuva (return) are said to be always open, and so one can align his will with that of God at any moment. Being out of alignment with God's will is itself a punishment according to the Torah.

The burning lake of fire and eternal torment story gets added later as a means of keeping the masses in line.

The devil/Satan also got a face lift to make him a bit scarier in the later traditions

I guess at this point it makes as much sense as any to point out that, while many of you have probably been reading that as “Satan” (pronounced “say-tin”), that’s not the Jewish way of saying it. We actually call this concept “the Satan” (pronounced “sah-tahn,” with a “the” in front of it). The Satan is “the accuser.” He is not a demon, a fallen angel, or the ruler of Hell. He doesn’t want your soul, nor would he have any use for it. Rather, the Satan is an angel like any other, a servant of God with an assigned job to do. His job is something like District Attorney – he prosecutes our sins in the Heavenly courtroom. That doesn’t make him evil, at least no more so than the prosecutors on Law and Order and, generally speaking, we root for them to get a conviction.

What better way to gain control of people than to make them afraid—afraid of the boogeyman, afraid of being damned, afraid of asking questions, afraid of themselves?

Psychological operations are a part of warfare where you use unconventional weapons, such as propaganda, distraction and fear, to cripple your enemy and make it easier to accomplish your goals. Enter the boogeyman principle.

Psyops Against the American People, The Boogeyman Principle - Looking Glass News

No comment on his conclusions, But posted for your information:

This kind of conspiracy theory rubbish actually makes me angry - there's no indication whatsoever that the AATIP story is a PsyOp, and the fact that this YouTube vlogger thinks that "counterintelligence" means "psychological warfare," when in fact PsyOps is only a tiny percentage of counterintelligence work, betrays his ignorance of the intelligence community. There are a lot of good people in the intelligence community, and my take on Elizondo is that he's one of them. And Luis Elizondo's boss wasn't John Brennan, it was Gen. Mattis - we've even seen a quote from Elizondo's resignation letter to Gen. Mattis. Besides, if this were a Deep State operation, we wouldn't be seeing all of these fake videos like the ones I've linked above flooding YouTube.

People looking for a government conspiracy are falling over themselves to turn this story into some kind of nefarious disinformation operation, but I have yet to see one credible piece of evidence to support these conspiracy theories that have popped up all over the internet. In fact this reminds me of the conspiracy theories that popped up around Banksy's terrific documentary about street art called Exit Through the Gift Shop, which probably cost him an Academy Award. Cynical reviewers wanted so badly to "see through the deception" that they wrote a wave of articles casting suspicion on the whole project, but it was paranoid factless rubbish - the film was an accurate if somewhat humorous documentary of real historical events, not some elaborate prank on the public.

DeLonge's gesture on the screen tells me everything I need to know...
I think that's myopic. All the evidence I've seen so far paints a very clear picture - DeLonge has been a huge fan of this subject for many years, and he's a friendly and sincere guy, so over time he made connections and found some good people on the inside who shared his desire to mainstream the topic and develop the propulsion technology exhibited by these unexplained devices. Eventually he formed a group of very reputable insiders and scientists to launch the To The Stars Academy. Hal Puthoff worked on the recovered materials analysis with the AATIP and Bob Bigelow, Steve Justice is exactly the kind of engineer that you'd want to head the research and development efforts, and Luis Elizondo directed the AATIP so he's the perfect ally for getting pertinent info out.

Given this team of very credible people who share a genuine interest in this subject, Tom DeLonge's somewhat credulous take on ufology and his very limited scientific aptitude, strikes me as irrelevant. They've got some serious brain power at their disposal to handle the science and engineering, and Tom is just the glue that brought them all together - plus, he's comfortable with public speaking, so he was the logical choice of a "front man" for the group.

Last edited:
DeLonge has been a huge fan of this subject for many years

I agree, in his own words hes one of us, a truth seeker.

He's not the first person in the entertainment industry to be fascinated by the topic. Indeed the topic itself transcends such things.
Its so important it piques the interest of many of us regardless of our vocations.

Its the most important question a sentient species will ever ask. "Are we alone ?".

Any one of us is entitled to seek an honest answer to that.

There is a very simple way to clear up rubbish from UFO forensics, both the rubbish coming from spy agencies and from religious recruiters.

Simply focus on a physical effects. Most witnesses would have a good understanding of geometry and mechanics, but would be completely out of depth with optics, electrodynamics and GR. That's where our opportunity is.

I call it Marginal Physical Effects, because it is usually on the margins of the story. For the most part, UFO story is focused on the witness' emotional state and fight-or-flight drama. I call it as well Narrative Strip-down, because method strips down the human condition fluff. Obviously, that's the part that makes money for the production house. But the gold for the ufologist is a physical effects, mentioned almost by accident. The stuff for boffins, so to say.

Then when you listen to another case, which happened in a different place and time, to a completely different person and that another story still has the same Marginal Physical Effect from another story, your eyes start popping out and one becomes, more or less, a detective. Essentially you are increasing your statistical sample and if that same physical effect repeated in 3-6 stories you know you have something solid. Even more, as your collection of statistically significant Marginal Physical Effect grows, you start developing a good idea about how UFOs work.

One good example is "solid light". It appears in dozens of stories. One example is colonel Holt in Bentwater case, where 'solid light' beam was shot right in front of his feed. And than, another one from a British solder here on this forum had seen a cylindrical UFO beaming "solid light" between rocks in a valley somewhere in Afghanistan, where he served. Mass media almost never talks much about "solid light" beams, so there is very little media contamination. I can pull another 3-4 stories like that.

Another great Marginal Physical Effects are electrostatic phenomena. Usually the manifest as stalling of car engines, but as well as owner noticing that his dog's very long hair is standing on ends.

Another ones are headaches. Depending where they were standing when UFO appeared most witnesses report headaches, vomiting etc. Actually, government agents that work on these investigations use headaches as a trick questions. They would ask witness, in a roundabout way, how he felt after UFO left, but will not aim at anything specific. Most genuine witnesses would mention that they had strong headache for a day or two. Normally, witnesses who had headaches omit them from a story, just because they don't want to appear weak or don't want to leave impression that the story is too much about themselves.

If one piece of Marginal Physical Effect starts popping up in say 5-30 stories, you know two things. First, that it is something connected with UFO's technology. Second, you have a trip wire with which you can sneak up on witness and check weather he is inventing whole thing or not. Like witnesses who are professional sales people usually spin very dramatic stories, with themselves in a role of cool daddy, that are completely void of any physical effect observation. Reason is simple, salesman are very good with coming up with stories, but are generally very ignorant people. One can't lie about something he doesn't understand. As a researcher, you don't even need to say that that car salesman witness is lying. If story has no reference to physical effects, you simply discard the whole story.

Now, you'll find that some physical effects very rarely appear in stories. Like for example, heating of car bodies, simply because witnesses just experienced the largest shock of their life and are so distraught that never comes to their mind to put a hand on a car's surface to check its temperature. I know of only one story where it appears, the Zanfretta case and possibly, maybe, in Betty & Barney Hill case. But there are 480 cases of petrol engine disruption. In that light one knows with certainty that UFOs are surrounded with pulsating EM field. Not to mention hundreds of observations of plasma enveloping UFOs that can only be produced by electric fields. From a simple electrodynamics we know that a pulsating EM field will cause induction of electrical currents in a metal car bodies and subsequently heating of the metal. Because that is something only very few people know, we can immediately give much more weight to everything that poor Zanfretta said about his contact with aliens.

Actually a great thing about electrodynamics is that several EM effects cross-reference each other. If you had one EM effect, you would have another as well. Like if witness noticed plasma around the craft, that his co-witness's hair would be standing on ends because of plasma's strong electric field. And if plasma was swirling, than his car body likely heated up because moving charges would cause changing magnetic field, and changing magnetic field would create induction in car's metal. Downside is that very few witnesses go and put a hand on a car body to check if it heated up ;-(. In Zanfretta's case observation happened by accident, because a policeman who came in later put his hand on the Zanfretta's car, found it to be quite hot and wrote about it in his report.

And than there are super rare, but very interesting effects that we can't understand at all with our science. We know that it is highly likely that Daniel Fry told many truths, despite some unfortunate shenanigans, because he made not less than three scientific predictions that came true in later years. Now he talked about one unusual physical effect, I never heard about in any of about 200 UFO cases that I read. But finally, I found that same, very rare physical effect, clearly described in two more stories. Now that would make that effect much more believable, because other independent witnesses described it.

I have memorized a small collection of about a dozen of such Marginal Physical Effects and mostly use them to filter out stories to which I shall be inclined to believe. Now big part of the method is not to tell anybody, which are these trick questions. Otherwise hoaxers will start deliberately inserting them into their stories to improve veracity. If told, these trick questions will eventually become useless.

The whole paradigm of "tell me your best case" is bunk. UFOs are transient phenomenon, they come in, spend short time with a witness, and they leave. The only scientific method to study transient phenomenons is statistics. More samples you get the better. One story or the "best case" is scientifically irrelevant. The only exception is when one single, very obscure, sample of a physical effect perfectly matches our scientific knowledge. Than you can discard statistics, because a clear effect that is unambiguously compatible with physics theory is not transient by definition. Like for example, when UFOs land and leave imprints in a soil. We know with 100% certainty that heavy objects leave imprints in soil. One doesn't need 100 cases of soil imprints to prove that UFOs have some heft to them.

So, when listening stories, do the Narrative Strip down and focus only on physics stuff. Count how many times any physics effect is mentioned in a different nu-correlated stories. Make your own little collection of cross-referenced effects and use them as trick questions in a new stories you hear. Very soon, you'll be more confident about which stories to believe to and which one to discard. And you'll start understanding a small part of physics that makes UFOs to really work.

Last edited:
So lately I’ve been monitoring YouTube for updates about the Pentagon’s Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP), because I want to hear what experts have to say about the ATFLIR footage we’ve seen, and see related news about it.

I am quite into YouTube myself. I doubt that intelligence community gets involved too much into creating confusion on online media. Primarily because online media does a great job of confusing and deluding itself. Just look at this forum and never ending believers vs skeptics debate, and try to get any kind of direction as a newcomer.Making money from Ad Sense is not the only motivation. A teenager can start a channel, just to show off, and later abandon the project when it becomes too demanding.

Intelligence community would have much higher payoff in 'rendering' an individual UFO witness or researcher, by supplying him with false evidence and later discrediting him through a different channel. An example is a run-around they gave to Paul Bennewitz, who eventually went nuts.

Or intelligence agency can squeeze somebody's toes in a vice and than let him learn the lesson. A good examples are Corzo Junior and John Lear. In their early days their stories were quite reasonable and fitted the general trends in UFO stories. But after few years, they both changed tune and their stories become progressively the wild west of ufology. Because both of them have super strong brands in ufology they created a huge amount of confusion. Corzo Junior seems to had done his dues and left the field, but John Lear had gone wild and specialized in totally unbelievable stories, in which, somehow, he's always one of the main protagonists.

Last edited:
We know that it is highly likely that Daniel Fry told many truths, despite some unfortunate shenanigans, because he made not less than three scientific predictions that came true in later years. Now he talked about one unusual physical effect, I never heard about in any of about 200 UFO cases that I read. But finally, I found that same, very rare physical effect, clearly described in two more stories.
That's interesting - what "very rare physical effect" are you referring to?

I am quite into YouTube myself. I doubt that intelligence community gets involved too much into creating confusion on online media.
You didn't take a close look at the evidence I provided - it's extremely compelling: they definitely did this, and it's clear that they did it to muddy the waters to make credible information more difficult to find, and to associate it with garbage. Dozens of new profiles created the same day, posting the same number of videos, using the exact same titles and descriptions. That's obviously an orchestrated effort at obfuscation.

The WikiScanner also exposed Deep State tampering with Wikipedia, back in 2007, and a recent discovery by Craig Murray exposed full-time daily editing of Wikipedia that looks like an on-going and politically motivated effort by the Deep State; I'm guessing the CIA. US intelligence agencies are clearly all over online media and conducting operations as a routine course of business. Also, have a look at "The Art of Deception: Training for a New Generation of Online Covert Operations" document that I provided with a link at the end of my OP, which was leaked by Edward Snowden. The Five Eyes intelligence agencies have operatives routinely working online to promote their agenda and to discredit activists. They're also astroturfing social media like facebook and Twitter. Hillary Clinton and David Brock's "Correct the Record" spent $10M on astroturfing throughout the 2016 election, for example, and Sally Albright was recently caught using bots to amplify the establishment narrative on Twitter. Abuse/manipulation of online media is an epidemic now.

That's interesting - what "very rare physical effect" are you referring to?

That one effect that we discussed a lot, from reading Daniel Fry's book. I want to do a full write-up, just didn't have a time. I found the same effect in two more cases, which is kind off, more independent confirmation.

astroturfing

;-) ;-) ;-) Oh, you know about that term "astroturfing" that Sharyl Attkisson coined. Google search is just a giant "astroturf".

Yeah, you might be right about internet misinformation, maybe I am old-fashioned. If I was a spook, I wouldn't waste money on confusing people, simply because people are naturally good at confusing themselves. Just starve them of information and let groups with various agendas to create confusion and mistrust. Works each time. Almost like information entropy ;-)

Back