• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The UFO Hunters Are Back!

Miah

Skilled Investigator
Theeeey're baaaaack! And this time they're muddying up the waters more than ever looking for clues and interviewing hippies. I figured I'd just toss up a short review of each of the new episodes to save you too from wasting 4 hours of your life.

Area 52 - Meh. So the Dugway AFB is the new Area 51, a testing area for new Top Secret aircraft. No proof of a UFO connection.

First Response - There is absolutely nothing here, a total waste of an hour.

The Silencers - Men in Black again, they got one on camera! :rolleyes: I love the guy who shows this supposed "SECURITY CLEARANCE ORGANIZATIONAL CHART" which says at the top of it "MAJESTIC", and they are taking him seriously. But the best part was when a sketch artist asked the guy who saw some aliens "Why do they have a nose and gills?" The answer from the MIB in the room was that around Sirus "There is a planet that is known to be the aquarianments type planet, half water, half land." - WTF!? Earth has more wa....oh, nevermind.

Dark Presence - Has a few credible witnesses and an appearance of Ted Phillips. They bring out "Paranormal Researchers" (Ghost Hunters) to do surveillance for an entire night looking for orbs like the hardcore hunters that they are. Later come the hippies and friends of the space brothers including videotape of what is clearly flares being dropped, but he has "a connection to them", apparently they tell him when to go out with his camera via ESP. Amazingly they do an entire show around orbs without once mentioning what Ball Lightening is and that it's a likely explanation for some occurrences. But Cargopants Pat says the orbs might be angels and demons which would explain why some are scary and some are pleasant...no wonder they have to fly coach.

If you do watch it, this will all make more sense and be funnier...and I suggest the cannabis just in case.

It's pretty sad. Rather than going for some enlightenment and serious inquiry, the producers of the show decided to take a turn towards entertainment...which isn't very entertaining. In other words: Let's see what we can do to make ALL the UFO people seem like they're wearing tinfoil hats. Sad.

I've seen more than enough of this crud for a lifetime.

Actually, most pop culture representations of any esoteric or ambiguous/anomolous phenomena suck the proverbial dong.
Especially tv.

Watching anymore of this series would mean one thing : I love to be annoyed.

I felt that First Response was the best of the four. It could very well have been nothing more than military activity causing the reports but the reports seemed real at least.

This is so sad. I really, really wanted this show to be good when it first came on. The first two seasons were tolerable and kept my interests in hopes it would get better. Then in the third season Birnes went totally outhouse frickin nuts and lost my interest. It needs to stay buried.

Let somebody else do it the right way in the future.

My 2 cents.

I still like Bill Birnes' enthusiasm and personality and some of his shows. I'm sad it went downhill and is being canceled. Really. I thought at first it could have been something really good and special.

I have to admit that I really enjoyed the Men in Black episode, tho. The photo intrigues me. I doubt that it is a real MIB but the man in it is so stylin' that I love it. I can't help but wish that someone would come forward and identify the bloke who was likely in a funeral or something and identify the man.

Also, damned "convenient?" that Beckley drove around the block and happened to miss when the man left. If he really thought he was a MIB why the hell did he leave the area instead of staying at a distance and watching? Sigh...maybe I'm the dumb one, but if I were there and had the balls to photo him believing him to be a MIB I don't think I would have let him out of my sight unless he did something menacing.

Have i missed anything by not watching this show?

Evidence wise? No. But they have had on some great UFO personalities and visited some really cool sites and gone over some neat cases. That alone made it enjoyable to me, for the most part, and made me want to learn more, but as for really finding out something new, it left a LOT to be desired.

Have i missed anything by not watching this show?

Some are better than others. Most are online so you can easily check them out for yourself. I liked the better episodes quite a bit. Going through the old James McDonald files was one of their top efforts. I give them credit for getting airborne and attempting to recreate a Chilean air force incident, although that didn't seem to go so well, but they tried.

Back