• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Timothy Good Episode

owlman

Paranormal Maven
I just listened to this one again, and I must say, this has to be up there with the best shows you guys have ever done ,if not the best.
Fascinating from start to finish, lively but friendly debate and a wealth of knowledge from my favorite UFO investigator.
I've heard people say ( not everyone mind ) that Richard Dolan's books superseed the grand Bible of Ufology " Above Top Secret " , but in my mind that book cannot be topped , only have 'companion pieces', such as Dolans excellent 2 books.

Please get Timothy back on the show !!!

i presume youre referring to the january 2008 episode. it's a good one.

while ATS (haven't ever come across "Beyond Top Secret"... is it better?) is a great book with some pertinent and legit information, it's not quite the concise historical overview that Dolan's books are. It's hard to consider ONE book, but there's others that are as devastating as Good's. Clear Intent is certainly just as relevant, for instance. Not quite as deep in scope (or page count), it did a lot to advance the subject.

But as both books are from the 1980's, I would hope that decades later into the modern century there would be better tomes to have been published than those from pre-Internet days.

I'm not saying there have been enough crucial developments to warrant such an update, but the more recent decades are sadly lacking in that caliber of coverage.

Unfortunately most of the "big name" modern sightings are designed, or at least conclude, in such a way to end with nothing more than a "that was interesting, i'm a believer" or "that was interesting, but i'm not a believer".

and what are they believing anyway?

the books mentioned above certainly "prove" that there are UFOs in the literal definition of the word, but where are these people to take it from there?

I think when you look at the weirder places Good took it (Alien Contact, Alien Base, Unearthly Disclosure) you can maybe understand why I think Dolan's credulity may become an issue sooner or later as well. If it's not already. Maybe volume 2 of UFOs+tNSS hasn't had time to digest yet; maybe it all-too-much has.

Still, Good's recent Need To Know is refreshing, thorough, original, and overwhelming. I'm still trying to wrap my head into it. I would consider that book to be as good at ATS any day. But ATS will always be, of course, a classic.

Actually , I may have jumped the gun a little. Last night I listened again to Don Eckers excellent interview with Gene and David. Brilliant !

Timothy is the ONLY guy out there who uses the cover of unnamed sources who I will actually listen to. He has this way of charming my ears and I end up letting go and drifting with his claims of multiple species of aliens, underwater hideouts etc.

David was not in full skeptic mode for this show and I actually enjoyed the interview despite not hearing much in the way of a challenge to Tim's narrative.

Gene is in good form for this show too. More Good is Best.

Back