• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Ten Most Anti-American Nations

Free episodes:

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
http://www.rense.com/general78/most.htm

I'm a little surprised at the results, IF they asked all or even most countries. Whether they did or not, I don't know.

What the hell is "anti-America", exactly? Countries that don't approve of our imperialistic foreign policies? How about how crass, over-the-top materialism and consumerist glee, is that something we're supposed to be proud of? Perhaps it's the triumph of the religious right, the spread of fundamentalism which closely mirrors the same tendency we see in countries like Iran. Or is it what passes for democracy here, the nightmare that is actually a capitalist-feudal state? "The People", as stated in the Constitution, are nothing more than a bunch of blind, stupid sheeple who will mesmerize themselves in front of an idiot box while the cities burn. As long as they consume without end, ignore the rest of the planet and attempt to find happiness at the bottom of a cereal box, they're doomed to fall. The American empire is in a serious decline, and anyone who doesn't understand this is either in serious denial, delusional or just plain dumb.

Whatever, I can't wait to get back to Buenos Aires soon and enjoy the lovely people, wonderful food and excellent culture. I would gladly renounce my American citizenship and become a full-fledged Argentinian if they would have me, and denounce the US from my lovely BA flat.

It's time that Americans woke up, learned something about how the world really sees us, and how we negatively impact most of the planet.

David Biedny said:
What the hell is "anti-America", exactly? Countries that don't approve of our imperialistic foreign policies? How about how crass, over-the-top materialism and consumerist glee, is that something we're supposed to be proud of? Perhaps it's the triumph of the religious right, the spread of fundamentalism which closely mirrors the same tendency we see in countries like Iran. Or is it what passes for democracy here, the nightmare that is actually a capitalist-feudal state? "The People", as stated in the Constitution, are nothing more than a bunch of blind, stupid sheeple who will mesmerize themselves in front of an idiot box while the cities burn. As long as they consume without end, ignore the rest of the planet and attempt to find happiness at the bottom of a cereal box, they're doomed to fall. The American empire is in a serious decline, and anyone who doesn't understand this is either in serious denial, delusional or just plain dumb.

Whatever, I can't wait to get back to Buenos Aires soon and enjoy the lovely people, wonderful food and excellent culture. I would gladly renounce my American citizenship and become a full-fledged Argentinian if they would have me, and denounce the US from my lovely BA flat.

It's time that Americans woke up, learned something about how the world really sees us, and how we negatively impact most of the planet.

I tell people I'm from Earth.

Lewis Black does a good routine on America's feeling number 1. I'll try and post it.

In China they want desperately to be us. They have iPods and laptops and want cool cars. They drink Pepsi and Coke, rock to MTV China and play World of Warcraft like nobody's business.

Of course, if they posted something like you did, Mr. Biedny, they might just have to answer for it. If they choose to explore the message of the Falun Gong they may be arrested. There are books they can't buy, websites they can't go to. And if they get sick of it, they aren't free to move to Argentina and renounce their citizenship.

Last I checked, no one is stopping you but you. Of course, no one is stopping you from trying to get involved and change the current situation in the US, if you find it so horrible.

Just something to think about.

Michael L.,

Please spare me the BS preaching. If the Chinese don't like their life in China, they come to the U.S. and life/work illegally, enjoying the benefits of the U.S. while I get to pay for their emergency room healthcare. I've known more than a couple of them that have done exactly that. The Chinese want to be like us? Deeply in debt, no significant manufacturing base to speak of, a frighteningly psychotic populace, religious fundamentalism guiding government policy? They've got their own problems, pollution that will make that country a cancerous nightmare for hundred of years to come, thanks to our need for the useless plastic shit that spews out of their factories.

I have to answer for my opinions in ways that YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF, including patriorobots that try to tell me that I should appreciate being allowed to put words on a website. Well, what a ungracious, cantankerous old shit I have become, ungrateful for the fact that "my government" has fucked me good and hard. Wow, I should be soooo happy that EVERY SINGLE TAX DOLLAR I HAVE EVER PAID, OR WILL EVER PAY has gone the noble work of killing a kid or two in Iraq in the last week. Yeah, what a great deal. In the time that it's taken to write these words, every single $ of tax money that YOU have ever paid has been flushed down the toilet called the illegal occupation of a sovereign country. Aren't you thrilled? Feel safer, or better about yourself or your country? Happy with the return on your investment? Your dollars are increasingly worth squat, thanks to policies that have emerged from Washington over the last half-dozen years.

How often do you call your senator, or the White House? I call Clinton, Schumer and the White House every week, voicing my concerns and asking for accountability. When did you last call your senator?

So thanks for your input, it opened my eyes and made me regret my lack of love for my country.

NOT.

dB

Do something about it. If you have found some perfect utopia somewhere, good for you; go there. I am not being flippant; if you are so uncomfortable with the actions of your nation you should try your best to create real change or go to a place where you are more comfortable. I honestly just think you just enjoy listening to yourself bitch. "You don't know my pain...." is not much of an argument. You honestly should appreciate that you have a certain amount of freedom even if you only appreciate it because you feel you have lost even more because plenty of people do not have this much freedom.

I have never called my senator. I don't like phones. I have written them in the last few days however.... no, I take that back. That was my state rep; I have left the Missouri senators alone for a while now. It doesn't have much to do with your complaints, though, either way. I am not the one crying over the inequities of the United States, you are. Sarcasm and sniping at me do little to change anything but if that makes you feel better, have at. Just please try to be a bit more clever than falling back to the old "not" gag, though! At least go retro and use "Psych!"

Michael L. said:
if you are so uncomfortable with the actions of your nation you should try your best to create real change

I'd prefer it if people just bitched, as opposed to working for change. The "changes" that a lot of people in this country seem to want would bum me out, then I'd have to leave, and I'm rather partial to America as it is (except for the illegal immigration thing - California gets crappier on a daily basis.)

My "Top 10" of countries who are Anti-American:

1. The United States of America
2. Don't care
3. Don't care
4. Don't care
5. Don't care
6. Don't care
7. Don't care
8. Don't care
9. Don't care
10. Don't care

Isn't saying "Do something about it" a bit disingenuous? What can you do about it except watch the fall like George Carlin? Seriously, what can you do? Write your paid-off shitty senator who is part of the problem? Boycott the corporations who own the politicians?

Really? Does any of it matter anymore? We've got an administration that doesn't even care about the illusion of checks and balances, let alone actual checks and balances, and the checkers & balancers you'd suggest we write to are enabling it.

So what now?

A true American understands we have the right to bitch about America if we want:) Darn, now I stooped to the level of saying what a troo American is:( Disregard.

I've thought of moving to Canada a lot. I'm too poor to move, plus none of my family is there and don't know my way around. It's also real cold I hear. I like the seasons I get in NC. Maybe someday though. Till then, I'll point out flaws as I see them around the world in cyberspace.

Or, people who don't like us Anti Americans, can *take action* and give us money to move etc.

I would think Israel should be in the top 10 anti-american nations ... its bleeding the US dry ... and ruining your good name at the same time.

p.s Oh and Ron Paul ain't gonna save the US ... one (rather insipid) man ain't gonna beat the corrupt political system the US has ... sorry :eek:

Paranormal Packrat said:
I've thought of moving to Canada a lot. I'm too poor to move, plus none of my family is there and don't know my way around. It's also real cold I hear. I like the seasons I get in NC.

Depends where you live, it's a big country you know (2nd largest landmass on earth). Round here (Southern Ontario) it's fairly temperate. Usually only have snow three months out of the year. Buffalo NY gets worse winters than we do (dut to the lake effect). Vancouver on the other hand is temperate almost all year long, their idea of winter is when it rains more than usual. On the downside, it does rain quite a bit there. Don't let the sudden temperature drop on the map fool you, remember we use celcius up here! ;)

CapnG said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
I've thought of moving to Canada a lot. I'm too poor to move, plus none of my family is there and don't know my way around. It's also real cold I hear. I like the seasons I get in NC.

Depends where you live, it's a big country you know (2nd largest landmass on earth). Round here (Southern Ontario) it's fairly temperate. Usually only have snow three months out of the year. Buffalo NY gets worse winters than we do (dut to the lake effect). Vancouver on the other hand is temperate almost all year long, their idea of winter is when it rains more than usual. On the downside, it does rain quite a bit there. Don't let the sudden temperature drop on the map fool you, remember we use celcius up here! ;)

Funny. I get you and Nero confused sometimes since you have the same avatar. So I sometimes forget you're in Canada.

I'm at a site where a lot of Canadians are. Many seem to have warm summers and springs, but I wasn't sure if that was common or uncommon in certain areas. The women look better in Canada judging by the site I'm on. Average body type there, is thin here in the US. An average American = a BBW/Big and Tall there in Canada.

One place I couldn't move is somewhere where I'd have to drive on the left side of the road. I was watchin a ufo vid the other day, taken from inside a cop car in the UK I guess. Man, what a nightmare that would be for me.

schticknz said:
I would think Israel should be in the top 10 anti-american nations ... its bleeding the US dry ... and ruining your good name at the same time.

p.s Oh and Ron Paul ain't gonna save the US ... one (rather insipid) man ain't gonna beat the corrupt political system the US has ... sorry :eek:

Insipid? Why would you say that? Anyways, you are correct that one man will not save the US. What will save the US are people speaking out against issues that are killing this country more then bitching on the web or going to lame "protests" that do nothing. Supporting men like Ron Paul who understand a great deal of what is killing this country (our own dollar and these illegal wars) on every level. It's not longer about left/right because people need to compromise.

Also, though you may not agree with Ron Paul being able to the win a great amount of people disagree with you. Infact, today supports of Ron Paul (not even form his own office, grassroots) have raised over $3 million dollars today for him (the lagest amount raised EVER ib one day by 3X) and the day is not over yet. He is the last chance for this country before we move deeper into globalism, have our economy fall on it's face, and being in wars that will kill millions in the oval office.

Now why exactly is he insipid?

Back