• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Spiricom Device

cottonzway said:
Is anyone fimular with the Spiricom Device? This was a decice used to record EVPs in the 70's and 80's. They were run by two doctors who used the machine to communicate with the dead. Does anyone know more about this? There is a lot of controversy about if this thing was "real" or not. Here is a links about it:

Spiricom

Electronic voice phenomenon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes Ive started trying EVP, and was looking into a way to simulate the 13 frequency's that the spiricom used. Was an amazing machine if it was genuine. Apparently the EVP entity needs some kind of carrier wave to help the signal.

I had to do some digging to find this-its an interview with Dr. Stephen Rorke who makes a compelling argument that SPIRICOM was nothing more than a ham radio operator (Doc Mueller) who is very much alive during the SPIRICOM years communicating with George Meek.

http://www.ghostlytalk.com/node/616

You have to scroll down for the episode for August 22, 2006. If you don't feel like listening, he basically has done tons of research stating that the Doc Mueller has the exact same name, exact place of birth, exact place of employment in the same time frame as the information from the communications received through the device.

Here is is web site with more information

http://www.spiricomstudy.com/index.html

I built one, and can tell you all, that I concur that it is nothing more than an ULF ham radio.

The chatter I've gotten has been from, of all things, Submarines I believe. Gotten a lot of garbled nonsense, chirps, and the like, but never anything coming close to a ghost.

I've since abandoned it.

Here is a good interview Binnall did recently with a debunker of the Spiricom device. This guy points out that the supposed inventor was schizophrenic and it was a fact that he was a VANTRILIQUIST.

Well worth a listen.

binnall of america : audio

mp3 download:

I've got an old Epiphone electric guitar with an un-potted (not dipped in wax) single-coil pickup that occasionally picks up some weird signals. I once had this crazy preacher guy saying the end of the world was upon us and Jeezus was going to be coming soon riding a white horse and shooting flaming swords from his eyes.

As much as Ive dissed Binnall in the past here is a good interview he did recently with a debunker of the Spiricom device. This guy points out that the supposed inventor was schizophrenic and it was a fact that he was a VANTRILIQUIST.

Well worth a listen.

binnall of america : audio

mp3 download:

I agree that's a great interview to check out for anyone wanting to investigate the Spiricom.

I'm downloading it now, thanks! The interview I posted was with the same guy but about 2 years ago-it will be interesting to see if he has found out some new information!

I've got an old Epiphone electric guitar with an un-potted (not dipped in wax) single-coil pickup that occasionally picks up some weird signals. I once had this crazy preacher guy saying the end of the world was upon us and Jeezus was going to be coming soon riding a white horse and shooting flaming swords from his eyes.

I'm getting an epiphone sg iommi for Christmas, maybe I can pick up crazy preachers too.

I'm of the mind that if you build yourself a faraday cage you stand a better chance of truly picking up REAL signals of some kind. I've come to the conclusion that Spiricom is nothing more than ULF radio.

I am going to likely sell mine in the near future.

I have a copy of the Spiricom book and plans, which I obtained from Meek while he was still alive. I have since found it on the Internet. I also have a tape of the recordings. IMO you have to listen to the entirety of this tape before you judge Spricom as a whole. It doesn't sound very much like a HAM radio operator having fun with a credulous researcher. (I'm a HAM myself: KZ7B: Extra Class) The detail is, shall we say, interesting. Though my ciopy is on cassette tape, I believe this is available as mp3 files on the net as well. the debunking of Spricom has been more along the lines of character assassination than dealing with the issues themselves. It reminds me of the Philip Klass method of debunking: Everything can be explained by ball lightning and Mr. X is a big, fat idiot who ought to be fired and his wife wears army boots. I'm fine with being skeptical of this device, but at a certain point you have to be skeptical of the skeptics. These guys haven't done themselves any favors.

Had I not actually built one of these, I might be less inclined to have a strong opinion.

The real test would be to put the device in a big enough faraday cage, and see what comes across.

Tommy Allison;51170 The real test would be to put the device in a big enough faraday cage said:
If spirits are composed of any sort of electrical field, you would have to make sure it was inside the Faraday cage before you started or else they would be blocked out along with the interference.
Unshielded single-coil guitar pickups make a good spiricom device. I can receive messages from a Mexican d.j. if I stand in the right place.

If spirits are composed of any sort of electrical field, you would have to make sure it was inside the Faraday cage before you started or else they would be blocked out along with the interference.
Unshielded single-coil guitar pickups make a good spiricom device. I can receive messages from a Mexican d.j. if I stand in the right place.

how much space do you think a spirit would need to talk to me?

Back