• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Scole Experiment

Killerclown

Skilled Investigator
I don't know if this has been discussed on the forums before but at around the late nineties I came across a book entitled "The Scole Experiment". It detailed a set of seances that occured under what they described as carefully controlled scientific conditions. They were supposted to have captured a lot of evidence (some of it in the book) and you were also supposed to be able obtain a copy of their formal report. I read the book and was intrigued by what they presented. For a while there was some buzz around the net about it. As often in the paranormal field I didn't really hear anything more and it slipped from my consciousness until I rediscovered the book today while tidying up a bookshelf. I was wondering if anyone knew of any further developments with regard to the scole group - follow up experiments etc. Also I think that some representative or member of the Scole group would be an interesting guest to have on the show.

There is a website with some info but it seems pretty scant although they do seem to be selling the book there (probably electronically as the actual book is out of print):

http://www.thescoleexperiment.com/index.htm

If people are keen I could also post up some of the photographs from the book.

Attachments

• Scole_Cover_front.jpg
    Scole_Cover_front.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 36
  • Scole_Cover_back.jpg
    Scole_Cover_back.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 37
Unfortunately I'm in a similar position - I tend use the web and TV more these days. When I was a kid I used to read several books a week. Now I'm lucky if I can get through one a month.

Will try later - the server doesn't seem to be accepting my uploads at the moment. Also was wondering if it would be acceptable to post the pictures as the book may still be under copyright? I don't want to cause any problems for Gene or David. I'll wait until I can get some confirmation on this.

This is a well known experiment, perhaps more so in the UK and amongst SPR members given the involvement of David Fontana and the late Montague Keen (and Arthur Ellison?). I haven't read the book but have read quite a few reactions to it in the SPR journal over the years.

Back