• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The pen from beyond

RODERICK

Paranormal Novice
Many years ago after divorcing i moved back into my old bedroom in my parents house to save money. One wall of the bedroom was a closet with two large bi-fold doors. Next to that on the adjoining wall was my computer desk where i had placed one of those large clear plastic floor mats so my desk chair could roll on the carpet.
Across the room against the wall opposite the closet was my bed, next to a large window. At the time i was staying in this room i had a favorite ball point pen which i kept on the desk. I had been sitting at the desk writing one night and set it down to do something on the computer. It rolled off the desk and dropped on to the plastic floor mat, but when i reached down to pick it up i couldn't find it. I looked all around the desk, under the desk, under the plastic mat, under the bed, in my pockets, everywhere i could possibly look, but couldn't find the pen anywhere. For several days i would come home from work and would tear the room apart trying to find that pen until i finally gave up. Then one night i was laying in bed in the dark and i was trying to figure out what could have happened to the pen,and i half jokingly said out loud, "i wish whoever has my pen would give it back!" just as i said this i heard something fly across the room, hit the closet doors and bounce off them onto the plastic floor mat. I sat up up in bed, turned on the light, and there on the plastic mat was my pen! Then i said something like, "woohoo! Thanx!", put the pen up on the desk and went back to bed. I wasn't scared by the experience, i actually got a little chuckle out of it, and was a little proud of myself for getting the pen back.

Weird. Wonder why a ghost would want a pen.

I HATE losing things. Especially when it makes no sense and you never find it.

Happens with interesting regularity around this house.

I had a box of sharpie markers systematically disappear one by one. One day the box was empty, and I couldn't find but 2 of them. We went to move, and I found a pile of them under the bed. Right where the cat took them.

Since then, I put all the pens and markers where neither of the cats can get to them. Oddly enough, one or two of them disappear, and I always find that the cats have absconded with them. Apparently, the $4.00 cat toy has been surpassed by the $.99 Uniball Pen.

Wow fascinating story, Roderick!

It is weird that a ghost would want a pen, huh? lol.

Glad that *it* gave it back to you, tho!

And I agree: I HATE losing things, arrggh!

Back