• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast's Growing Popularity

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Some of you have noticed that our sites slow down periodically for a short time.

This is due to the growing traffic for episodes of The Paracast.

While we're happy that the show is reaching more people, we're disappointed that it may cause slowdowns from time to time.

We are working with our host to see if we can somehow smooth over these slowdowns or increase capacity.

Thanks for listening.

So I hope performance is better now without those annoying slowdowns.

We had to move to a new server after the host (Namecheap) said that we were exceeding the capability of the old server's drives.

The new one, with SSDs, is at IONOS. I think it's a lot better.

I can feed details for those into the technology.

At some point I may ask ho
So I hope performance is better now without those annoying slowdowns.

We had to move to a new server after the host (Namecheap) said that we were exceeding the capability of the old server's drives.

The new one, with SSDs, is at IONOS. I think it's a lot better.

I can feed details for those into the technology.
At some point I may ask you to do that. My access seems worse but a friend is going to look
Into it and make sure it's not something wrong on my end.

All right, this was a CloudFlare issue. We moved our DNS for that domain off CloudFlare to IONOS' worldwide nameservers, and it appears to be OK, or will be once it propagates.

Back