• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast is Moving to Sunday Nights

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Effective September 10th, The Paracast will move its live broadcast to Sunday nights, same time, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM Pacific, 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM Eastern.

And we're also coming to Earth that night. Well, in Las Vegas anyway, which is close enough :)

What does that mean? It means we're going to continue to broadcast online, but we'll also be heard on KLAV-AM 1230 in Las Vegas, beginning September 10th, from 11:00 PM until 1:00 AM.

Our guest that evening will be nuclear physicist and UFO expert Stanton T. Friedman.

More stations will be added soon. The Paracast may even come to your city.

Please note: On Saturday, September 9, at 6:00 PM, Stan Friedman will present a 45 minute illustrated lecture "UFOs: Earth's Cosmic Watergate." On Sunday Morning, September 10 at 8:45-10:30 AM, he will conduct an illustrated workshop "UFOs vs SETI: Science versus Pseudo Science." The programs are part of the 8th Annual Bay Area UFO Expo being held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, California. For more information see www.thebayareaufoexpo.com.

Well, congratulations, Gene! Moving beyond just podcasting. It's more than just the topics--it's the hosts who do such a fine job of asking intelligent questions and sometimes challenging their guests.

FOCrumbo said:
Well, congratulations, Gene! Moving beyond just podcasting. It's more than just the topics--it's the hosts who do such a fine job of asking intelligent questions and sometimes challenging their guests.

And thank you very much :)

David and I have done stints on terrestrial radio previously, and we hope this is only the start as we spread our wings through different broadcast mediums.

Gene Steinberg said:
Effective September 10th, The Paracast will move its live broadcast to Sunday nights, same time, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM Pacific, 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM Eastern.

And we're also coming to Earth that night. Well, in Las Vegas anyway, which is close enough :)

What does that mean? It means we're going to continue to broadcast online, but we'll also be heard on KLAV-AM 1230 in Las Vegas, beginning September 10th, from 11:00 PM until 1:00 AM.

More stations will be added soon. The Paracast may even come to your city.

I've just tuned in to KLAV AM using Media Player 9 and it works just fine. I'll be able to listen live now, if I'm awake. I wasn't able to listen live before. I'm using an old windies box running Win 98SE and it's not compatible with much of what's modern.

The feed I'm getting from there is 21KB per sec. It sounds a bit tinny, but it works okay. I'll still be downloading the shows though. I edit them and burn them to CD when there's interesting content.

Woody

Woody Sideman said:
I've just tuned in to KLAV AM using Media Player 9 and it works just fine. I'll be able to listen live now, if I'm awake. I wasn't able to listen live before. I'm using an old windies box running Win 98SE and it's not compatible with much of what's modern.

The feed I'm getting from there is 21KB per sec. It sounds a bit tinny, but it works okay. I'll still be downloading the shows though. I edit them and burn them to CD when there's interesting content.

Woody

We'll still be streaming from our site, which has superior quality, and it'll still be available for download.

I want to make a big deal of this, because some of our "competitors" set up their streams in such a fashion that you need to either subscribe to get access, or they format them in such a way that the over 30 million Macs out there can't get the content.

Our show works just as well on a Mac or Windows computer, and we've encoded the live stream to sound good even on a decent dial-up connection.

We also haven't monetized the downloads, and that's another big difference.

But just as important is the content, and we think we've got a leg up on certain shows that treat their guests with kid gloves, and never question silly statements.

So can you just go to the main site to hear the live feed as you are doing it? Or do I have to find the particular radio station feed? I know the old shows are usually playing on theparacast.com. I didn't know it could be done live like that

meciar said:
So can you just go to the main site to hear the live feed as you are doing it? Or do I have to find the particular radio station feed? I know the old shows are usually playing on theparacast.com. I didn't know it could be done live like that

As far as our current listeners are concerned, the only thing that changes is the live stream that moves to Sunday nights. You can still visit our site as before, or just download the show from your favorite Podcast directory, such as iTunes.

Our arrival at KLAV is just another way to hear the show, that is if you live in Las Vegas and its environs.

I think it's so cool that you're making the leap to terrestrial airwaves. I've always enjoyed your show and thought it deserves an even wider audience than just podcasting (although that's my preferred medium for listening [and always will be]).

Get yourself a good syndicator... I think you guys have what it takes to go to the top and I wish you both all the success in the world.

Friggin Awesome!!!!

I hope you guys can make it to my city.

Not that I don't already listen to the Podcast... but it would be cool to listen and be able to ask people that I know (who aren't computer savvy) to join me! I have many friends that are into the paranormal/UFO stuff, but they don't have the means to listen. I sometimes have to burn the podcast on CD for them to listen. Anyway I'm rambling... but... GREAT step guys!

;D

solelyj said:
Friggin Awesome!!!!

I hope you guys can make it to my city.

Not that I don't already listen to the Podcast... but it would be cool to listen and be able to ask people that I know (who aren't computer savvy) to join me! I have many friends that are into the paranormal/UFO stuff, but they don't have the means to listen. I sometimes have to burn the podcast on CD for them to listen. Anyway I'm rambling... but... GREAT step guys!

;D
We're always happy to look at suggestions as we consider the best ways to expand our presence.

Have you guys thought about shopping yoursleves to XM or Sirius radio? Not that I use it, but... I guess it's pretty popular in the transportation industry.

Gene Steinberg said:
As far as our current listeners are concerned, the only thing that changes is the live stream that moves to Sunday nights. You can still visit our site as before, or just download the show from your favorite Podcast directory, such as iTunes.

Our arrival at KLAV is just another way to hear the show, that is if you live in Las Vegas and its environs.

Alright, so I tried to listen to the show last night "live". But that doesn't really seem to work for me. So now I don't think my question was really answered like I intended... Is it possible to listen to a live stream of the paracast as you do it? I was able to download the show today, but yesterday the streaming audio was that of the Sept 5th show.

meciar said:
Alright, so I tried to listen to the show last night "live". But that doesn't really seem to work for me. So now I don't think my question was really answered like I intended... Is it possible to listen to a live stream of the paracast as you do it? I was able to download the show today, but yesterday the streaming audio was that of the Sept 5th show.

Due to the way things work, you may have to refresh your browser at the beginning of the show, particularly if you connect more than five minutes before the live stream begins. We list refreshing in our Troubleshooting section too. Basically, the page is coded to switch to the live stream a few minutes before the the show and revert a few minutes after. But it's not dynamic, although we are looking into that possibility too.

Back