• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast Drinking Game!

nshanks

Paranormal Novice
I've been a loyal listener to the Paracast since the first show and have noticed that certain "Geneisms and Davidisms" seem to crop up every show.
What a perfect opportunity to make a drinking game! (alcoholic beverages optional)
I'd like to get some input from fellow forum members to make the rules.
Here are some of my thoughts:

One sip:
* David says "searching for truths"
* Jeff Ritzmann's name is mentioned.
* David says "talked offline"
* Failed Gene humor
* "Project Serpo" mentioned
* Major Donald Keyhoe is mentioned
* David says "I gotta say this Gene"

Two sips:
* Every time "inter-dimensional beings" is said
* Every time "He who shall not be named" is mentioned
* Every time "Separate the wheat from the chaff" is said

One big gulp:
* Gene mentions a movie (2 gulps if it's "Grosse Pointe Blank")
* David sings or speaks in a weird voice "I am the decider!"

Please let me know your ideas...

Gene's son just turned 21. Invite him to the drinking game.

I can drink quite a bit, but with your rules I'd be hammered in the first 5 minutes.

Failed Gene humor might be a bit harsh hahaha.

I can't recall David singing ever. Might have missed those shows.

Take a sip:

Everytime David sighs heavily

Everytime David pushes the EDH

Everytime David says "Signal to noise ratio"

Everytime Gene namedrops a UFO investigator he knows personally (two if he qualifies it by saying "for a long time").

We should make class divisions.

EVERCLEAR; Big swig when David mentions the unmentionable name.
Continued guzzling if David heard debating the
unnamed prophet of the unnamed fakir.
Must continue to drink throughout interview.
Posssible crack smoking penalty for any believing
Those who shall remain unnamed.

BEER; Quaff; Gene and David argue over anything at all.

Wine: 1 glass; Mention of UFO magazine (you really should read
This magazine).

RotGut Whiskey; Continued drinking anytime Linda Moulton Howe is
speaking.

Brandy; Complimented with fine triple legero Habanos while listening to the
Paracast.

Magic Mushrooms; When talk turns to the metaphysical.

A.LeClair said:
Gene's son just turned 21. Invite him to the drinking game.

I can drink quite a bit, but with your rules I'd be hammered in the first 5 minutes.

Failed Gene humor might be a bit harsh hahaha.

I can't recall David singing ever. Might have missed those shows.

He did go to a bar that day and had a couple. But it was within walking distance of his apartment, so he didn't have to worry about driving.

I think you'd have to split it up into teams.
One team drinking when a Davidism is said and the other when a Geneism is said.
Perhaps I'll have to start listening to the podcast on Friday night instead of Monday morning.

Gene Steinberg said:
He did go to a bar that day and had a couple. But it was within walking distance of his apartment, so he didn't have to worry about driving.

He won't have to worry about driving listening to your show over the net. :)

A.LeClair said:
Bah. His loss.

Between school work, interning at a daily newspaper (The Arizona Republic, so look up his stuff on their site) and trying to have a few minutes for a social life, he has a full plate.

So I don't ride him too much on listening to his dad's shows.

Gene Steinberg said:
Between school work, interning at a daily newspaper (The Arizona Republic, so look up his stuff on their site) and trying to have a few minutes for a social life, he has a full plate.

So I don't ride him too much on listening to his dad's shows.

I understand.

The Paracast makes my work more pleasant. I listen to it while I work a lot. It makes working more fun and enjoyable. I feel like I am getting paid doing something I love.

Experimenting with the drinking game while listening to the show with my buddy...

We're using a combination of the "rules" suggested and a few others that came to mind over the past few days.

The beverage of choice is ginger ale. Common sense dictates that alcohol shouldn't be consumed during this testing phase.
It's still the first part of the show and it looks like type 2 diabetes is only a few more Geneisms or Davidisms away!

We might need to put a health risk disclaimer on the game.

"Major Donald Keyhoe" **sip** followed by another "Major Donald Keyhoe" **sip** a few seconds later!

Insulin...production...decreasing...

Ahhhh! Another "Major Donald Keyhoe" **sip**

nshanks said:
"Major Donald Keyhoe" **sip** followed by another "Major Donald Keyhoe" **sip** a few seconds later!

Insulin...production...decreasing...

Ahhhh! Another "Major Donald Keyhoe" **sip**

Which show you listening to, if any?

I'm just listening to last nights paracast here in England,got my tequila ready and off I go, wish me luck!!! :eek:

AJ38 said:
I'm just listening to last nights paracast here in England,got my tequila ready and off I go, wish me luck!!! :eek:

I had tequila a few nights ago. I rarely come here while drinking though. Hope I stay in that habit.

A.LeClair said:
Which show you listening to, if any?

The Feb 25th show.
Episodes with Gene and David going one on one require a special reduced set of rules or we'll end up with casualties!

PS. No more Canada Dry for me until 2008!

Back