• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast 2?

remember

Para-Realist
Once all the most "knowledgeable" people in the UFO and paranormal fields are interviewed and all of the biggest "hoaxers" are outted for everyone to see... what's next for the Paracast?

It seems like the interviews are getting less and less interesting in terms of new information. Seems like, after 2 1/2 years, the show is down to re-interviewing the best heads or cycling through lesser heads or burning the riff raff at the stake.

Is there another level to the Paracast?

I've heard Larry King's show beat up enough for not putting together top notch debates... I couldn't agree more. Can David and Gene do a better job? I'd like to hear that happen.

How difficult would it be to get more high quality "experiencers" on the show, such as Jeff Ritzmann. I can only imagine how stinky of a dumpster that would be to have to dive into but there might be some new and valuable information to gleen.

I think the Paracast has done an amazing job of raising the bar on this converstation. How much more interesting could the conversation be if it could eventually be taken out of the choir loft?

Anyone have other "next level" ideas for the show?

1. Timed Debates., (you choose the participants).
2. Recent cases., (witnesses, news people).
3. More Overseas cases.
4. Pull in more young investigators., (fresh blood, new ideas)
5. No more loons.

How difficult would it be to get more high quality "experiencers" on the show, such as Jeff Ritzmann.
My guess is pretty close to impossible! It wouldn't be hard to find more experiencers, but you wrote "high quality" which narrows down the field considerably...by anyone's definition.
It's just not possible to get 52 different, interesting, credible guests a year in this field. Sure, you can do it if you're running a political or celebrity gossip show, but not for the paranormal.
1. Timed Debates., (you choose the participants).
Interesting idea, but what do you mean exactly?

1) I'd like to hear more "roundtable" discussions, or square table as Gene calls them, on a few limited topics on occasion. Pick a subject and get those most familiar with it and fire away.
2) I'd also like to hear more light hearted episodes and even a "April Fools" one from time to time.
3) Reflection episodes at least once a year on the anniversary date of the premiere, for example, for them to do a hindsight look at the last 12 months and voice their opinions or personal revelations.
4) How about a question and answer show from the fans here on the forums for Gene and David to try their damnedest to answer since I know some won't be. Keep it clean and not too personal folks! LOL :D
There's plenty to cover but as they, Gene and David, progress the legit interviewees will prevail. It's just how it works but if you look at how long they've been doing this it's really amazing how much ground they've covered and many paranormal investigators or researchers spend their whole lives looking for only a fraction of what The Paracast has uncovered. :D

i think if you got together bietny, ritzmann and jeremy in one show, it'd be pretty interesting.......kind of just keeping it the same format with new (old) faces.

maybe some stand up....karaoke perhaps?... I dunno, just throwing it out there.

i also think gene needs to do a "shout-out" every show to a random forumer ......maybe some paracast forum birthdays

gene, hit me up....we can make this show GOLD, BABY!

My guess is pretty close to impossible! It wouldn't be hard to find more experiencers, but you wrote "high quality" which narrows down the field considerably...by anyone's definition.
It's just not possible to get 52 different, interesting, credible guests a year in this field. Sure, you can do it if you're running a political or celebrity gossip show, but not for the paranormal.

Interesting idea, but what do you mean exactly?

Take two guest with opposing views, on a given subject. Then let them duke it out., giving each one 5 minutes max to respond. Gene or Dave as Referee.

Once all the most "knowledgeable" people in the UFO and paranormal fields are interviewed and all of the biggest "hoaxers" are outted for everyone to see... what's next for the Paracast?

It seems like the interviews are getting less and less interesting in terms of new information. Seems like, after 2 1/2 years, the show is down to re-interviewing the best heads or cycling through lesser heads or burning the riff raff at the stake.

Is there another level to the Paracast?

The Paracast 2: Cruise Control

Well, let's not give them too big a head. Er, big head syndrome.

Let's not let their head get too big.

Okay, that's just nasty, you know what I mean!

I can't think of anything other than having guests like Leah Haley and Katharina Wilson on the show that would make it better. And we're definitely not ready for Paracast: The Next Generation.

I don't think a second podcast is needed; I've heard both hosts say on the show that it's hard enough to do the one show a week as it is.

Unless one of David's rich patrons (like he mentioned to Dr. Stephen Greer) is willing to become the executive producer for a Paracast feature film (and let's face it, the world is not ready for that, and The World is not Enough, anyway), I think we'd better just be happy with what we have.

Plus, there are still many, many authors and "gets" that the Paracast, for whatever reason, hasn't been able to attract, that I think would have to be interviewed on the show before any kind of sequel, spinoff, round two, second series, or whatever, would be warranted, many of which have been mentioned in this and other threads.

I'd like to see the Paracast take on "Taken", screenwriter Les Bohem, and Steven Spielberg regarding the 20-hour miniseries about the history of UFOs and alien abduction. I think after that, we could talk about Parcast 2 realistically. Other than that, maybe Neil DeGrasse Tyson, PhD ("Nova ScienceNow"), Stephen Hawking's assistant, [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Chris Burgoyne[/FONT], and, of course, sooner rather than later, interviewing Professor Richard Dawkins (what's paranormal about him, you ask? Check out his new DVD, "The Enemies of Reason" http://media.richarddawkins.net/images/2008/EoR_DVD_Jacket.jpg

That might bring the Paracast up to level 2. Of course, then, they'd have to start charging...

Attachments

• enemies of reason cover.jpg
    enemies of reason cover.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1
Wasn't actually advocating a second podcast, just a new level for the existing one.

I have a visual image of the Paracast being built up like a pyramid. The base excavation and leveling has been 2 1/2 years of interviews with some of the best minds in the paranormal. We've heard the best information and we've established the most credible people that exist in this realm.

Now that this "foundation" has been established, or is near being established (the x axis) I would love to see the Y axis addressed. The building phase.

The building is the physical/visual realization that grows up from the prep work. That might mean no more speaking to those IN the paranormal but instead, those OUTSIDE the paranormal. To discuss this topic with experts in fields that the paranormal encroaches upon to get their take, their explanations, their opinions.

There has been so much said about taking back UFOlogy and the paranormal from the fringe element... could this be the place to do that? Could the Paracast pull off intelligent discussion and debate on these topics with representatives of scientific disciplines outside of the paranormal realm?

Is there a future for a Paracast v2?

PS: In my opinion, Dawkins is just about as narrow minded a fundamentalist as anyone he puts down. Would be an interesting interview although I think his mind is made up on just about everything he "knows" with little wiggle room for things that "might be".

4) How about a question and answer show from the fans here on the forums for Gene and David to try their damnedest to answer since I know some won't be. Keep it clean and not too personal folks! LOL :D

That's a great idea! Maybe they couldn't record a whole 2-hour episode doing that but it would be interesting to have 30-60 minutes worth. A thread could be started for forum folks to submit questions. G&D can choose from those.
It would probably just be a one-off event, but it could be cool.

Now that this "foundation" has been established, or is near being established (the x axis) I would love to see the Y axis addressed. The building phase.

The building is the physical/visual realization that grows up from the prep work. That might mean no more speaking to those IN the paranormal but instead, those OUTSIDE the paranormal. To discuss this topic with experts in fields that the paranormal encroaches upon to get their take, their explanations, their opinions.

There has been so much said about taking back UFOlogy and the paranormal from the fringe element... could this be the place to do that? Could the Paracast pull off intelligent discussion and debate on these topics with representatives of scientific disciplines outside of the paranormal realm?

I think you're on too something here,remember...

There's only so many times you can interview the same old talking heads before it gets boring.I love the format as it exists today,but I can also see an even brighter future for the Paracast,if it managed too attract more mainstream guests.

Dennis Kucinich and John Podesta on the Paracast? Oh Yeah! :D

The show has run into problems in that the pool of half-way credible people to interview is not huge (this is not a huge community, by any stretch), and half the listeners think that one of the show's functions is to "out" frauds, show kooks for what they are, etc.

David Biedny is a really smart guy, but he never learned the skill of letting liars and frauds hang themselves. Asking the deep or difficult questions is one thing, and that's to be commended. Getting upset with guests, and forcing them into filibuster, or talking harshly about them after they have gone off the air, is something else entirely. Still, while Biedny may be strong coffee, he is part of the show's success.

I have to wonder about continually recycling guests. Nick Pope I can understand, because he's had the New York Time's Op-Ed since his last appearance. Jeff Ritzmann is a nice, well-spoken, seemingly credible guy, but he's pretty much delved into experiences eight ways to Sunday now, and I can't see the point of having him back. The Clueless One is way, way out there.

(Edit: If Biedny and Ritzmann had a roundtable on photographic analysis and Photoshop approaches to such, I would listen. I would like to know much more about this.) (Edit: If The Clueless One were on with a neurologist or two, I would be interested to hear the neurologists go over Vaeni's "energy" and watch that video of him "meditating" (??).)

So, in a nutshell, if the show is going to go on with a level of quality that mirrors the quality it had before the last Greer episode, David and Gene need to come at guests from new angles. If the show just becomes one of righteous indignation and promoting personal beliefs then I'm not that interested.

Wasn't actually advocating a second podcast, just a new level for the existing one.

I have a visual image of the Paracast being built up like a pyramid. The base excavation and leveling has been 2 1/2 years of interviews with some of the best minds in the paranormal. We've heard the best information and we've established the most credible people that exist in this realm.

I personally don't see that such a thing would be part of the Paracast's "mission statement", but it's not for me to decide.

It sounds to me like this might be an entirely different project altogether.

Grab a mic, download Audacity, and go for it! We are the change we have been waiting for! If BritneyGrrl49 and Obamarama can make podcasts, so can you! Everyone is the media now, and no one controls you until you let them (when they buy you out because you got too big). Best of luck!

That's a great idea! Maybe they couldn't record a whole 2-hour episode doing that but it would be interesting to have 30-60 minutes worth. A thread could be started for forum folks to submit questions. G&D can choose from those.
It would probably just be a one-off event, but it could be cool.

Hmm, what about a Game Show Theme for the fans questions? ;)

One off event? Not necessarily. Many established shows have the old "mail bag" day and I would think that once a month they could select a few questions that could be tossed into a hat or whatever, answered once a month maybe, for a 15 minute segment perhaps? :D If nothing else it would be a great PR move to let the fans feel more involved. If they wanted to make it more entertaining maybe they could try to answer as many as possible in the theoretical 15 minute time frame say 1:30-2:30 per question or more depending on the question itself. Maybe no more than 5 minutes each or on each month they pick say 5-10 questions and make it more entertaining like a game show where one could be asked and he passes to the next, answers one and moves to anohter before time runs out. I dunno but it sounds fun anyways! LOL :D
Maybe we could start a poll on that one?
To make it really work though it would have to be mentioned on an episode too since not all of the fans are forum members I've found out on the MySpace page I created for Gene and David's Paracast. If you care to take a look and don't expect much heres the link:
http://www.myspace.com/theparacast

(Edit: If Biedny and Ritzmann had a roundtable on photographic analysis and Photoshop approaches to such, I would listen. I would like to know much more about this.)

My vote goes to that too on the how do they do that? Or what's the "typical" procedure and methods that they use? I would assume that some are too secret to share and they may want to keep those to themselves, and I understand totally. But just a few tips, tricks or thoughts on the subject would be fascinating! To add more beef to it add a few real examples of the best of the best, the worst of the worst, the unknown and link to them in the show notes. :D

That's also something I'd like to see in the possible future release of The Paracast DVD Collection. :D

Back