• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will be able to download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! FLASH! For a limited time, you can save up to 40% on your subscription. Long-term susbcribers will receive a free coupon code for the James Fox UFO documentary "The Phenomenon," which includes 3 hours of extras, while supplies last. It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast — 15th Anniversary Special

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
Hey Paracast and ATP listeners. We have a 15Th Anniversary show coming-up on February 24. Comment on your favorite moments, send us suggestions for clips to play, or just express your thoughts about the past, present and future of the show. We'll talk about them on the show!

Richard Hawkins

Paranormal Maven
Hey Paracast and ATP listeners. We have a 15Th Anniversary show coming-up on February 24. Comment on your favorite moments, send us suggestions for clips to play, or just express your thoughts about the past, present and future of the show. We'll talk about them on the show!
Something perhaps from Richard Doty, Chris O'Brien,and Don Ecker also yourself Randal and Gene and the inimitable Walter Bosely.

marduk

quelling chaos since 2352BC
Maybe this is off-side, but one of my favourite memories of the paracast was with someone that claimed they were abducted consciously for many hours.... and Biedny asked them where they went to the bathroom.
The answer was something like "uhh..."

marduk

Classic moment. And when was the last time you saw a bathroom on Star Trek?

The guest, by the way, was Jim Sparks.
I actually just watched a YouTube video on the weekend - there's only ever been one toilet shown in Star Trek, and of course it was in ST V, and of course it was the Shat that sat on that:

marduk

Yes, one of the great fights in the Federation. Whether to have toilets — or diapers. :)
I once had a debate with someone on-line years ago who was adamant that they beamed the waste out of people's bodies, so they didn't need toilets.
It's a very Roddenberry solution, I guess.