• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast — 15th Anniversary Special

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Hey Paracast and ATP listeners. We have a 15Th Anniversary show coming-up on February 24. Comment on your favorite moments, send us suggestions for clips to play, or just express your thoughts about the past, present and future of the show. We'll talk about them on the show!

Hey Paracast and ATP listeners. We have a 15Th Anniversary show coming-up on February 24. Comment on your favorite moments, send us suggestions for clips to play, or just express your thoughts about the past, present and future of the show. We'll talk about them on the show!
Something perhaps from Richard Doty, Chris O'Brien,and Don Ecker also yourself Randal and Gene and the inimitable Walter Bosely.

Maybe this is off-side, but one of my favourite memories of the paracast was with someone that claimed they were abducted consciously for many hours.... and Biedny asked them where they went to the bathroom.
The answer was something like "uhh..."

Classic moment. And when was the last time you saw a bathroom on Star Trek?

The guest, by the way, was Jim Sparks.
I actually just watched a YouTube video on the weekend - there's only ever been one toilet shown in Star Trek, and of course it was in ST V, and of course it was the Shat that sat on that:

Yes, one of the great fights in the Federation. Whether to have toilets — or diapers. :)
I once had a debate with someone on-line years ago who was adamant that they beamed the waste out of people's bodies, so they didn't need toilets.
It's a very Roddenberry solution, I guess.

I thought it was a very good show. Personally, I really like listening to the long-time UFO and paranormal researchers, they have such fascinating stories. Even though this is all "decades before my time" I recognize clearly that these old cases from the 50's and 60's are perhaps the strongest ones. What compelling modern cases are there? The handful of competent modern books, such as David Marler's Triangular UFO, presents such provocative and solid modern cases. Other than that... a static of youtube hoaxers and unsubstantiated videos from who-knows-who.

How only thing more extraordinary than the phenomenon... are the (largely incompetent) human reactions to it. I get the feeling I'm paraphrasing what someone else said a long time ago?

Allan Greenfield is another fantastic guest that I could listen to for hours.

The Paracast is the only show that brings on such informative guests that posses long memories and can drill down into the hardcore cases. The "other paranormal shows" I have sought out and listen to are dismal, to say the least, with their legions of fresh young gullible "experts".

Back