• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Other Side of Truth - UFO Hall of Fame

Gene:

Predict away. I voted for Hynek.

If I had five votes, it would have been Hynek, Keyhoe, Ruppelt, Vallee and Friedman. But I hope our mutual friend Jim Moseley gets in this year too! ;-)

Paul

paulkimball said:
Gene:

Predict away. I voted for Hynek.

If I had five votes, it would have been Hynek, Keyhoe, Ruppelt, Vallee and Friedman. But I hope our mutual friend Jim Moseley gets in this year too! ;-)

Paul

I did as well, and your list of five is not altogether far removed from mine. I'm happy to say that I've met everyone of them, other than Ruppelt, and that, of course, includes that guy Moseley.

Vallee. He's one of the few reputable long term investigators who hasn't made a fool of himself one way or another, and seems to be the only original thinker still with us. I would have voted for Friedman, but he just seems hellbent on sticking th his ETH hypothesis. And then there's the MJ12 fiasco. Considering all the work Stan has done for the government, he should easily recognize an AFOSI disinformation scam when he sees one.

Assuming one takes this all seriously (and I do, as far as it goes), you have to take a look at the entire history of the study of the UFO phenomenon. I agree that Vallee would be a probable first-ballot hall-of-famer, but without Keyhoe or Hynek, we probably never would have had a Vallee or Friedman. In other words, Vallee might be Hank Aaron, but Keyhoe was Cobb, and Hynek was Ruth. Because of his scientific credentials, and years of work with Blue Book, I rate Hynek highest, even with the swamp gas fiasco. He also gets kudos for founding CUFOS, which still exists, a rare thing for a UFO group these days.

Paul

Back