• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Five

You ignore the well-known fact that the percentage of crimes committed by undocumented immigrants or even documented ones are generally far lower than those omitted by American citizens. So your point is no point. People do bad things, and justice was served. My main question is whether a death sentence deters crime and is too severe. But that's another matter.

In the meantime politics reflect a lot about a person's worldview and sense of integrity. Consequently when someone is seen as supporting a politician with the sort of character that they feel is despicable, they see that supporter as equally despicable and they're prone to taking their frustrations out on them. This isn't entirely fair-minded as politicians often have us choose between what we see as the lesser of two evils. In some cases supporters also believe the propaganda and feel that they are doing the right thing when it's just an illusion.

In my experience I've also learned the hard way that settling things with facts and logic doesn't help to win most people over.

Facts and logic will not do the job.

From my perspective, I fail to fully understand the appeal of a character like Trump. Is it brainwashing? ... or the appeal of potential fast-food build-a-wall/ban-muslims/kill-NAFTA/destroy-NATO raw-emotion based solutions that fermented in the minds of a base stimulated by FOX or INFOWARS?.

If I was to propose a hypothesis I'd say someone like Trump gets in mainly because of fear, racism, recent financial trauma (2008 crash), demographic changes, fake external threats and conspiracies amplified by the likes of Alex Jones... and fear of the real transition to China as the first economic power of the planet (expected 2029).
Terms of Service Violation

So, it's all emotion similar in many ways to what happened in Germany in the 1930's. A populist demagogue with the help of a shady opportunistic entourage dug into the worst aspects of human nature and created the third Reich. What's different this time around is the power of the internet and powerful media constantly debunking Trump lies and highlighting the obscenities. Unfortunately the emotional element has trumped rationality for the last 18 months.

Facts and logic will not do the job.

From my perspective, I fail to fully understand the appeal of a character like Trump. Is it brainwashing? ... or the appeal of potential fast-food build-a-wall/ban-muslims/kill-NAFTA/destroy-NATO raw-emotion based solutions that fermented in the minds of a base stimulated by FOX or INFOWARS?.

If I was to propose a hypothesis I'd say someone like Trump gets in mainly because of fear, racism, recent financial trauma (2008 crash), demographic changes, fake external threats and conspiracies amplified by the likes of Alex Jones... and fear of the real transition to China as the first economic power of the planet (expected 2029).
Terms of Service Violation

So, it's all emotion similar in many ways to what happened in Germany in the 1930's. A populist demagogue with the help of a shady opportunistic entourage dug into the worst aspects of human nature and created the third Reich. What's different this time around is the power of the internet and powerful media constantly debunking Trump lies and highlighting the obscenities. Unfortunately the emotional element has trumped rationality for the last 18 months.

The appeal of Trump, I ask myself about that.

I think some people wanted him as their wrecking ball against what they viewed as the established order.

I have seen arguments that he exploited a weakness in the U.S. Presidential election system, that, the argument goes, it's a popularity contest.

Some say Trump's Presidency is a reaction to having Barack Obama as a President.

Trump seems to me remarkably poorly suited to the role, to people's expectations of the role certainly. We do not expect a President to act like Trump. But at the same time, during the election did he say things some were perhaps starved to hear? Of course, whether he meant those things... whether he will or can do them...?

It is striking to me that Donald Trump, traditionally not really a Republican, won the Republican nomination. And Bernie Sanders, not traditionally a Democrat, came so close to winning the Democratic nomination. To me that is a very telling fact of this last U.S. Presidential election. People broadly were not into the traditional establishment candidates and were ready for someone who promised a real change. I feel like that needs to be figured out somehow, what factors were behind those desires for something so different?

Of course, ultimately Trump did not win the popular vote. Which doesn't matter for the purpose of winning the election, but does say that a majority of voters in the end did not vote for him. Still - his appeal to those who did vote for him, and those who continue to support him? I am not sure. To me it's something of a bad joke that he is the President. I personally reject the idea that Russia put him into power but of course many feel that to be true.

The appeal of Trump, I ask myself about that.

I think some people wanted him as their wrecking ball against what they viewed as the established order.

I have seen arguments that he exploited a weakness in the U.S. Presidential election system, that, the argument goes, it's a popularity contest.

Some say Trump's Presidency is a reaction to having Barack Obama as a President.

Trump seems to me remarkably poorly suited to the role, to people's expectations of the role certainly. We do not expect a President to act like Trump. But at the same time, during the election did he say things some were perhaps starved to hear? Of course, whether he meant those things... whether he will or can do them...?

It is striking to me that Donald Trump, traditionally not really a Republican, won the Republican nomination. And Bernie Sanders, not traditionally a Democrat, came so close to winning the Democratic nomination. To me that is a very telling fact of this last U.S. Presidential election. People broadly were not into the traditional establishment candidates and were ready for someone who promised a real change. I feel like that needs to be figured out somehow, what factors were behind those desires for something so different?

Of course, ultimately Trump did not win the popular vote. Which doesn't matter for the purpose of winning the election, but does say that a majority of voters in the end did not vote for him. Still - his appeal to those who did vote for him, and those who continue to support him? I am not sure. To me it's something of a bad joke that he is the President. I personally reject the idea that Russia put him into power but of course many feel that to be true.

Oh yeah I forgot about... Russian social media meddling... which may have been the little push Trump needed to get him over the electoral college requirement. (which favors mostly rural conservative states whose news feed is provided by obviously biased Sinclair broadcast and Fox).

In the end, this episode in US history seemingly fueled by tea party/freedom caucus, might be thought of as a revolt against the establishment but really is a necessary test of the amendments of the US constitution.
When the checks and balances are finally validated by the Mueller investigation I think the planet will breathe a huge sigh of relief. IMHO, the alternative is nothing short of catastrophic.

Oh by the way... It would be a major mistake to underestimate a narcissistic guy like Trump. Given the current political climate and the growing prospects of him being cornered like a rat, I figure his exit strategy is already in the works. The range could be a simple resignation (Nixon) with protection from Mueller investigation conclusions to unleashing a hellstorm.

Last edited:
When did that happen? Got a link I can check out?
No link. I had to serve 3 weeks there in Jeddah. It was either on Saturdays or Sundays that they would have the public executions - if you went - they made sure you got a birds eye view. We we warned (by our Naval superiors) that if you get into trouble out in town - that they cannot help you - you are on your own. You are governed by their laws. Not like here in the U.S. if an illegal does something they get coddled & babied and literally get away with murder (i.e. Kate Steinle). I was flying missions out of Saudi Arabia in 1991 (Desert Storm).

No link. I had to serve 3 weeks there in Jeddah. It was either on Saturdays or Sundays that they would have the public executions - if you went - they made sure you got a birds eye view. We we warned (by our Naval superiors) that if you get into trouble out in town - that they cannot help you - you are on your own. You are governed by their laws. Not like here in the U.S. if an illegal does something they get coddled & babied and literally get away with murder (i.e. Kate Steinle). I was flying missions out of Saudi Arabia in 1991 (Desert Storm).
Thanks for explaining. When they said they were recalling their people home from Canada, I thought to myself that I hope some of them apply for refugee status. I can't imagine living under such a system, and wonder why the people there put up with it instead of forcing reformation. It seems to me like barbarism with billions, and I can't help leaning toward the politically incorrect notion that if it weren't for all their oil money and the progress made by the rest of the world that they've been able to buy or benefit from because of their riches, that they'd still be roaming the desert on camels.

SHOCKING!!! Let's see how long it takes left wing snowflakes to support this animal. And thank Christ this didn't happen in a f'd up city like San Francisco where all the left wing whacko libs would be supporting this thug & crying for him. Then the crooked jury would acquit him like they did Kate Steinle's murderer.

But let's keep those borders open with no wall so that anybody & everyone can just flop on over & live here.....for 7 years like this scumbag. I'd like to see everyone that doesn't want a wall to take down their fence on their own private property so that anybody can just wander on/off their property. Wouldn't fly right? But the lefties real agenda is to have so many illegals here that there is no way to figure out who & where they are and they are also against needing ID's to vote - that way Hector. C. Hernandez get's to vote 8 times over for criminals like Crooked Hillary using various family members names/aliases.

What a shame for this girls family. Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect Cristhian Rivera originally from Mexico, living in US illegally

Perspective: Fewer immigrants, legal and not, commit crimes on a percentage basis than citizens. How about all the people who were murdered by people born in this country or naturalized?

Also, voter fraud is a minimal problem. The real fraud is voter suppression, tricks to prevent people who are eligible to vote from voting. It's done by your favorite political party.

SHOCKING!!! Let's see how long it takes left wing snowflakes to support this animal. And thank Christ this didn't happen in a f'd up city like San Francisco where all the left wing whacko libs would be supporting this thug & crying for him. Then the crooked jury would acquit him like they did Kate Steinle's murderer.

But let's keep those borders open with no wall so that anybody & everyone can just flop on over & live here.....for 7 years like this scumbag. I'd like to see everyone that doesn't want a wall to take down their fence on their own private property so that anybody can just wander on/off their property. Wouldn't fly right? But the lefties real agenda is to have so many illegals here that there is no way to figure out who & where they are and they are also against needing ID's to vote - that way Hector. C. Hernandez get's to vote 8 times over for criminals like Crooked Hillary using various family members names/aliases.

What a shame for this girls family. Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect Cristhian Rivera originally from Mexico, living in US illegally
upload_2018-8-23_11-6-27.jpeg

Been a while since we've had new content here, but I think it should be evidence to many people that Trump has staged repeated meltdowns.

He is thoroughly panicked that the U.S. House of Representatives will expand on the Mueller Report and demonstrate at least some of the crimes Trump has committed. There are over two dozen Federal and State investigations ongoing. That itself is reason enough for Trump to worry, even if only a few of them end up confirming criminal acts.

In the meantime I continue to be concerned about the idiotic complaints about that "Dossier," containing raw intelligence gathered by a former British agent looking for evidence against Trump. Raw intelligence means it's not a finished product, but a guidepost. Assuming the FBI relied upon it to get an authorization for surveillance against a former Trump adviser, Carter Page, is also idiotic. What has been revealed is that the dossier was clearly mentioned as an opposition research document in the FISA warrants. It wasn't the main factor that several judges approved the continuation of surveillance.

It's all out there. Just read it without the dumb spin.

Trump's complaints about spying against his campaign are delusional. Indeed, Trump was largely erected because former FBI Director Comey sent a letter to Congress days before the 2016 election about a possible new investigation into this Clinton email nonsense. That stopped her momentum.

Trump should have thanked Comey rather than fire him. But Trump lives in an alternate reality.

Here's the latest about our unindicted co-conspirator in chief:

Liberal or conservative, Republican or Democrat: How long do we want to put up with this childish nonsense?

It seems likely (to me, a still undecided calif primary voter) that Warren is our next President. She may be one of our greatest.

Trump reportedly now very worried about her.

Back