• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Noosphere Podcast

Free episodes:

eckloss

Skilled Investigator
Hi all...

First of all, thanks to Gene for giving me permission to post this here.

My name is Erich, and Im the guy in the shadows that takes care of the Paracast Myspace account.

I just wanted to extend an invitation to everyone here to stop by and visit my podcast, The Noosphere.

Hosted by myself as well as 3 great friends from around the country (Isoban, StarsInMyEyes, and Violet Rage), The Noosphere is a round-table style, stream-of-consciousness discussion on subjects such as metaphysics, paranormal phenomena, UFOs and abductions, society, future technology, and esoteric thinking.

We've been around since last October, and the audio quality (which was admittedly quite lacking in the first few episodes) has reached the point now where the shows are of good quality, as well as full of intriguing content.

Thanks to The Paracast for posting our banner on their website. Very much appreciated!

Stop by and have a listen. You can subscribe through iTunes by searching the PodCasts area for "The Noosphere", or you can stop by our website and join in on the forums. We are a listener driven show, and are always eager to hear what you think.

Apologies for the plug-like nature of this post. Just wanted to reach out and let everyone know who and where we are, and again, to invite you to listen, and participate.

Thanks all

das erich

http://www.noospherepodcast.com

Hi Erich,

I've enjoyed the epsidoes of the Noosphere that I've heard to date. Is there any way to subscribe to them besides iTunes? iTunes works for me, but sometimes a direct mp3 download is a tad easier.

I'm looking forward to listening to the latest on my ride to/from the office.

Regards,
Subghoul

hi ghoul

thanks for the kind words.

if using mac or pc, an alternate method is about the same. if you go to the website, click on the episodes tab, then select the episode you want. if using mac, press the play button on the embedded quicktime player, then pause it, and allow it to download. then you can click the down arrow icon on the far right of the quicktime bar once the download has completed, and select "save as source" to download it to your machine. very similar in pc, i believe.

hope that helps!

erich

Thanks Erich. I'll give it a whirl. I'm just not used to this new-fangled Windows Vista thing that "Santa" dropped off for my kids. I'd better finishing upgrading my ubuntu box and fast!

Regards,
Ghoul

Yep I can vouch for this too. Erich knows me from a couple other places and knows I dig the show. Its a very different approach to a podcast... the dont have guests. Its just a bunch of friends riffing on a subject.

A couple of stand outs worth checking out would be the shadow people ep, the personal experiences ep and the singularity ep. Actually their all good.

Ill just point out too that they are supporters of the Paracast. Most episodes Ive heard a Paracast reference, or a "Ill go Biedny on your ass" reference:D

I too am wishing you'd provide a direct download link... I do not have Quicktime, nor do I wish to, same goes for iTunes, but I have had your site bookmarked for a couple of weeks now hoping that some nice little mp3 links would appear at some point.

dont wish, just ask! thats what the 'sphere forums are there for.

not a problem burrito.... i'll post a direct link section today.

Ok, folks. its all set. if you do not use itunes, or quicktime, or wish to bypass any of it, there are now buttons posted on the site that will take you to a feed page with direct mp3 download links. posted on the main page and on the episodes page.

ask and ye' shall receive :cool:

erich

*Very* much appreciate the awesome "customer service"! I had not ever looked in the forums before, as I had only wanted to download a couple of shows to check it out and see what it's all about, and will *definitely* do so... the concept for the show sounds interesting and worthwhile.

The Jeremy episode was fanfreakintastic. One of the most interesting things in it, oddly enough, was the Whitley information. I've had a very, *very* hard time putting much "faith" in him, but the insights that were shared in this were + interesting.

I very much enjoy your style as well... organic, humble, no self righteous pomp and ego, just a fellow being himself and asking questions to learn, and not being at all bad at it. Refreshing stuff so far, and very much look forward to checking all of it out.

This is such an amazingly fertile time for paranormal audiocasts... how awesome.

The Jeremy episode was fanfreakintastic. One of the most interesting things in it, oddly enough, was the Whitley information. I've had a very, *very* hard time putting much "faith" in him, but the insights that were shared in this were + interesting.

I very much enjoy your style as well... organic, humble, no self righteous pomp and ego, just a fellow being himself and asking questions to learn, and not being at all bad at it. Refreshing stuff so far, and very much look forward to checking all of it out.

This is such an amazingly fertile time for paranormal audiocasts... how awesome.

Wait until you hear some of Erichs experiences. This guy has Ritzmann level stuff happening.

I believe he termed one account "night of the monkeys".

Hey Erich: You know the Paracast do interviews with listeners who have interesting experiences to share. I think you should volunteer yourself. Would make a fascinating episode.

gareth

i dont know if im ready for that kind of thing yet, or will ever be. the episode youre referring to (personal experiences, part 3) where i spout off a few memories from my youth.... it took me, what, 15+ years to speak about them? that was really the first and only time i ever told anyone about them, and, imho, for many good reasons:

a) i have NO CLUE what really happened.
b) for all i know, i could have been delusional, and hallucinated the whole series of events
c) though they did have some impact on my life and the way it has played out, its not all something i lose sleep over concerning myself with.

to call them ritzmann level....LOL....not even close, my friend. strange, perhaps. but not on his levels. id rather just live my life as a normal person and not try and dive too deeply into those events. why? until i have some doctor tell me and MRI shows i have some sort of brain defect that may have caused me to experience such things, im never going to have the concrete answers. so why waste my time looking and in self examination? id rather use my brains processing power for other questions and topics.

...and that may have all came out wrong. that was NOT a shot at jeff or anyone else who does. just simply stating thats not the path i have chosen to take. right now im more concerned about finding work and providing for my daughter and her future, all the while trying to keep my head above water as well. the noosphere is part of my therapy package. a great distraction and a chance for me to step out of the mundane world box for an hour or two here and there and give my synapses some exercise.

e.

Yeah no worried Erich. I totally understand that POV man.

For some reason I have it in my head that your experiences you described were as intense as what Jeff has. Probably because of the whole panic attack thing that you both had after seeing the communion cover.

Thinking more about it though, yeah Jeffs experiences that he has shared probably are in a league of their own.

just quick fyi... db has graciously agreed to appear on the 'sphere. look for that episode to be released this friday or saturday.

Listening to the newest episode about the internets affect on the paranormal field. Very interesting show, and I do like the fact that it has an explicit tab so that David was able to express his true feelings on the topic. Wish that The Paracast was explicit. Oh Well its probably for the best that its not!::)

had a great time with david. its nice to be able to hear him "express" himself the way he wants :D

one of these days (hopefully) ill convince him to join me for a good ufo-related discussion. my other partners in crime on the show arent as interested in the subject as i am....

Catching up on all of the past episodes, currently listening to the one that asks the question is Disney getting kids ready for contact. Very interesting show and I love all of the references to the movies.

Back