• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Montgomery Burns Theory of Conspiracies

AdamI

Skilled Investigator
For everyone's enjoyment: I've read about conspiracies and parapolitics for a long time, and here's the theory I've come up with:

Remember the episode of the Simpsons where Montgomery Burns goes to the doctor and finds out that he has nearly every disease known to man, but that he's still alive because they exist in a state of perfect balance with each disease counteracting each others effects?

Well, that's what I think we have politically when it comes to conspiracies and cabals.

I think there are dozens and dozens of people and groups who think they "rule the world" or who have such aspirations. Governments, think tanks, mafias, "illuminati" type groups, mega-corporations, crime syndicates, dictators, etc.

But the world is the way it is and remains in a state of moderate freedom because they all balance each other out, like Monty Burns' diseases. :D

For everyone's enjoyment: I've read about conspiracies and parapolitics for a long time, and here's the theory I've come up with:

Remember the episode of the Simpsons where Montgomery Burns goes to the doctor and finds out that he has nearly every disease known to man, but that he's still alive because they exist in a state of perfect balance with each disease counteracting each others effects?

Well, that's what I think we have politically when it comes to conspiracies and cabals.

I think there are dozens and dozens of people and groups who think they "rule the world" or who have such aspirations. Governments, think tanks, mafias, "illuminati" type groups, mega-corporations, crime syndicates, dictators, etc.

But the world is the way it is and remains in a state of moderate freedom because they all balance each other out, like Monty Burns' diseases. :D
You could be onto something there ....

Very good call. :D

I always thought that the idea of a singular, secret cabal of (presumably) Jewish old men sitting in a boardroom and running every facet of world affairs is childish, paranoid and downright stupid.

The idea of a number of competing factions, each jockeying for supremacy makes much more sense. Just look at any political party or movement, there are factions within factions within factions.

Oh, and remember when Monty gets caught in the CAT scan Machine like a paper jam? Absolute classic. The Simpsons, as usual, has shown us the way.

Back