• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Mind of the Middle

This race is almost even. So does that mean that 1/2 of the people in this country are ignorant racist rednecks? At this point and time, I am actually disgusted to be a Human Being.

We are an ugly species.

Disclosure? Really? These people ( and I use the term loosely) would burn everything to the ground. Could you imagine these peoples reactions?

At this point and time, I am actually disgusted to be a Human Being.

Don't drag the rest of us into this. What you're witnessing is an American reaction to an American situation. I'm not saying racism, bigotry and ignorance don't exist amongst the rest of humanity, I'm just saying you need to see this for what it is.

Somebody needs to explain to these people it's 2008 not 1808. The civil war ended a long time ago and the south lost.

>> This race is almost even. So does that mean that 1/2 of the people in this country are ignorant racist rednecks? At this point and time, I am actually disgusted to be a Human Being.

LOL ok so are you trying to frame your argument such that anyone who doesn't bow at the alter of Obama = ignorant racist redneck?

It's so silly I don't even know where to begin.

Would you prefer that I dig up numerous youtube clips of profoundly clueless ignorant racists spewing utter hatred against anyone who doesnt support their pro-abortion/anti-war/anti-WTO/ pro Obama positions? Would that then prove that anyone in favor of Obama is an idiot any more that videos of stupid McCain supporters are indicative of everyone else who supports him?

Stupidity goes both ways.

Don't drag the rest of us into this. What you're witnessing is an American reaction to an American situation. I'm not saying racism, bigotry and ignorance don't exist amongst the rest of humanity, I'm just saying you need to see this for what it is.

Somebody needs to explain to these people it's 2008 not 1808. The civil war ended a long time ago and the south lost.

Actually.....I am a native Californian who has lived in two other states. One in the South and another Southwestern state. Of the people I have met in life who I would call racists, most of them were from the midwest or western states. The people in the southern state I lived in for two years seemed very comfortable with racial differences.
I know that there are racists in all ethnic groups (yes, there are even black racists!!). But I cannot believe how many have come out of the woodwork since Obama began his campaign.

>> This race is almost even. So does that mean that 1/2 of the people in this country are ignorant racist rednecks? At this point and time, I am actually disgusted to be a Human Being.

LOL ok so are you trying to frame your argument such that anyone who doesn't bow at the alter of Obama = ignorant racist redneck?

Would you prefer that I dig up numerous youtube clips of profoundly clueless ignorant racists spewing utter hatred against anyone who doesnt support their pro-abortion/anti-war/anti-WTO/ pro Obama positions? Would that then prove that anyone in favor of Obama is an idiot any more that videos of stupid McCain supporters are indicative of everyone else who supports him?

Well a little about me first. I'm Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun, Pro War (when needed), Pro WTO, Very liberal when it comes to peoples rights as Americans. I'm also not very policialy correct.

You can go to ANY John McCain rally, Town Meeting, Shindig or whatever and you will find these people everywhere. If you are a true Republican and care about your party, then the last 8 years should really have you pissed off. Personally I like John McCain. I like the John McCain from 8 years ago. Not the John McCain who sold his soul to be President. My God have you even looked at the people he has surrounded himself with?

Sarah Palin is George Bush with a vagina. This woman's husband is a secessionist, (Do you know what that is? Look it up) she speaks at their rallies. She's an evangelical, Do you know what that is? The Islamic equivilant blows people up in the middle east. People who support this women and the ridiculous retoric she spews ARE stupid. They are VERY stupid. In fact after the last election I found a graph on lIvescience.com that listed the IQ rankings of all the states. ALL of the red states were at the bottom. All of the blue at the Top. Unfortunatly there are more Red states than Blue. The people who voted for Bush and continue to support Bush are STUPID!

If you voted for George Bush then you are stupid. If you truley believe that he and his administration has not run this country into the ground then you are stupid. If you vote for a ticket with Sarah Palin, then you are stupid. You don't have a leg to stand on.

Obama has many shortcomings and I'm not quite sold on him, but I will tell you this. The Republicans had their chance and blew it big time. In fact you fucked it up so bad the entire world has been shaken to its core. I think its time someone else had a shot.

mothra,
bsvalley is standing on her wobbely computer chair applauding wildly. I think I will vote for you.:exclamation::exclamation:

Yes but the stupidity displayed by Obama supporters is merely embarrasingly ignorant. The stupidity displayed by McCain supporters is breathtaking in it's scope and vitriol. You can claim the "equal balance" meme if you like Ape but it just doesn't hold up under realistic scrutiny, it really, really doesn't.

More to the point however is not that these people don't see what they're doing as wrong, divisive or damaging but that the people around them who should know better do not speak up. Yes, there will be stupid people in every large group but the idea is not to let them direct the group...

I know that there are racists in all ethnic groups (yes, there are even black racists!!). But I cannot believe how many have come out of the woodwork since Obama began his campaign.

Are you kidding? I live in Canada and I could see this coming from all the way up here on day one of the Obama campaign! It'll get worse too, mark my words.

First of all, I think you mean altar which means a designated area for worship and not alter which means to change.
As for Obama, why don't you look at the educational levels and records of all the candidates? Do a little comparison shopping. Obviously, having a "B" student who ditched as many classes as he could has contributed to the mess we are in. Of course, not many seem to notice he and the VP are OIL MEN and should have done something to try to avert the gas crisis, oh, I forgot, it would have eaten into their profit.
As for ignorant, clueless racists, did you see the Republican Women's group mailing from the ladies of Upland, California? Upland is a very snooty area full of rich folk who live on trust funds etc. They sent out a mailer showing Obama, a food stamp background, a bucket of fried chicken, a watermelon, etc. Then they tried to claim they had no idea it was racist.
Lately you have Sarah Palin trying to connect the dots to Obama, terrorism, Arabs, etc. There is no connection. But since she and her ilk would be happy to teach creationism as "science" in public schools, there isn't much that is a jump for her logically.
We have had 8 years of a president who could not verbally be able to express himself well on Jerry Springer. Its time for a change.

mothra,
bsvalley is standing on her wobbely computer chair applauding wildly. I think I will vote for you.:exclamation::exclamation:

Well thank you . I thought I may have stirred up a hornets nest with that post.

To me these people are no different from the Billy Meirs and Steven Greers of the world.

Well a little about me first. I'm Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun, Pro War (when needed), Pro WTO, Very liberal when it comes to peoples rights as Americans. I'm also not very policialy correct.

You can go to ANY John McCain rally, Town Meeting, Shindig or whatever and you will find these people everywhere. If you are a true Republican and care about your party, then the last 8 years should really have you pissed off. Personally I like John McCain. I like the John McCain from 8 years ago. Not the John McCain who sold his soul to be President. My God have you even looked at the people he has surrounded himself with?

Sarah Palin is George Bush with a vagina. This woman's husband is a secessionist, (Do you know what that is? Look it up) she speaks at their rallies. She's an evangelical, Do you know what that is? The Islamic equivilant blows people up in the middle east. People who support this women and the ridiculous retoric she spews ARE stupid. They are VERY stupid. In fact after the last election I found a graph on lIvescience.com that listed the IQ rankings of all the states. ALL of the red states were at the bottom. All of the blue at the Top. Unfortunatly there are more Red states than Blue. The people who voted for Bush and continue to support Bush are STUPID!

If you voted for George Bush then you are stupid. If you truley believe that he and his administration has not run this country into the ground then you are stupid. If you vote for a ticket with Sarah Palin, then you are stupid. You don't have a leg to stand on.

Obama has many shortcomings and I'm not quite sold on him, but I will tell you this. The Republicans had their chance and blew it big time. In fact you fucked it up so bad the entire world has been shaken to its core. I think its time someone else had a shot.

For one so quick to judge, who did you vote for? I voted for George Bush the first time and my iq is well above average. I had my reasons, I was fully aware he would wreck the economy but I thought we needed him for the war. I didn't think we needed soft rhetoric against the people we were dealing with at the time.

Fast forward to now, he did a poor job dealing with the aftermath of the invasion, but I think his crazy sheriff mentality kept us from getting attacked again. This time I'm voting for Obama, yes I feel somewhat embarassed for having voted for W, but I did what I thought was right. I'm not stupid, and your city of Philadelphia is not exactly an intellectual haven at least anymore so than Dallas. There are lots of Obama signs in yards all around North Dallas, I think everyone is aware that change needs to happen. But insulting people is not a good way to do it. There are idiots everywhere on the conservative and liberal side. I've seen just as many racists types from northern cities as southern, they just live 30 miles out in the suburbs where they can pretend they are not racist in their white bred communities.

Strange being from Texas who everyone thinks is radical and crazy, I've rarely seen anyone act like the types on these you tube videos. I'm not crazy enough to think they're not here, but it's not exactly pervasive.

I voted for George Bush the first time and my iq is well above average. I had my reasons, I was fully aware he would wreck the economy but I thought we needed him for the war. I didn't think we needed soft rhetoric against the people we were dealing with at the time.

GWB elected: 1999-2000
9/11: 2001
Iraq: 2003

Question: How do you justify voting for a man to fight a war based on a pretext that HADN'T HAPPENED YET?

IQ above average? Average what?

For one so quick to judge, who did you vote for? I voted for George Bush the first time and my iq is well above average. I had my reasons, I was fully aware he would wreck the economy but I thought we needed him for the war. I didn't think we needed soft rhetoric against the people we were dealing with at the time.

Fast forward to now, he did a poor job dealing with the aftermath of the invasion, but I think his crazy sheriff mentality kept us from getting attacked again. This time I'm voting for Obama, yes I feel somewhat embarassed for having voted for W, but I did what I thought was right. I'm not stupid, and your city of Philadelphia is not exactly an intellectual haven at least anymore so than Dallas. There are lots of Obama signs in yards all around North Dallas, I think everyone is aware that change needs to happen. But insulting people is not a good way to do it. There are idiots everywhere on the conservative and liberal side. I've seen just as many racists types from northern cities as southern, they just live 30 miles out in the suburbs where they can pretend they are not racist in their white bred communities.

Strange being from Texas who everyone thinks is radical and crazy, I've rarely seen anyone act like the types on these you tube videos. I'm not crazy enough to think they're not here, but it's not exactly pervasive.

DFWMike - I Didn't know I was picking on Texas. I never said anything about Texas. What I said was You were stupid for voting for W. You made a very bad, ill-informed decision. You know this, and yet you continue to defend it.

I'm not a liberal. I vote for the person I feel is the best qualified to make the right decisions for our country and set an example to the rest of the world. Usually candidates have good and bad points. George had nothing. He failed at every job he ever had. His failures as a president are epic.

Someone should finish carving that word...they left out the I, T, C, and H.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Li2u10aOWAA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Li2u10aOWAA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Someone should finish carving that word...they left out the I, T, C, and H.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Li2u10aOWAA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Li2u10aOWAA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If Mc Cain gets elected, lets mail him this and ask what he intends to do about mental health services in this county. We will probably have to mail it often.

This guy should have his own show.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNPxIibhcKY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNPxIibhcKY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/95qZtwJNjxk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/95qZtwJNjxk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fds_hupE2vQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fds_hupE2vQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back