• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Matrix

Excellent post, RPJ. There is no getting around the veridical evidence provided in NDEs, or (imo) in the veridical evidence produced in the SPR's mediumship investigations, in the reincarnation research accomplished by Ian Stevenson and his colleagues, and in parapsychological research as well as remote viewing. The sum of it defeats the materialist/objectivist paradigm. It will probably be a long time before we learn very much about the nonlocal realities our consciousnessess and subconsciousnesses are connected to, but there's no longer any question that we are in touch with other levels of reality connected to that which we experience .

Yes I have read about persons that know labels on top of a clock placed so high up on wall that you would have to get a ladder or repeating conversations from down the hall. I think they see the same reason they remember because a physical / energy driven process is being performed. Light being reflected is being collected by something physically or energetically because they are the same as I have have stated before. I speculated that some cosmic collector or God which is along the same lines as non-local consciousness has taken over the power of the process and is using their manifested energy to continue the process of physically performing functions the brain would until the body has healed enough to take over their stewardship again.
I still think that to perform a function in a material world Something has to exist and to exist something has to be....

I have

I have looked at this and often wondered if we are not just thoughts and dreams of say God and the universe is his brain that we reside in. Could this be sort of why God says that a million years is like a second to him because times in dreams is distorted. They say a dream that seams to last years in reality is only a couple of minutes.

I have really missed this thread due to being under the weather for the last few days. Allergies have been kicking my butt hard this year. The emboldened above in what you wrote is something like what I believe, and that's all it is, it's just a belief minus any identities of specific religious context. I tend to see a very connected big natural picture and that's why I view consciousness as an environment. The physical realm IMO is a very tiny portion of a much larger whole that a far greater portion of ourselves transcends to in a manner that we are yet familiar with. I see matter, time, and space as cognitive relevancies, rather than universal absolutes.

It makes no sense in an existence where natural recurrent perceptional states are so varied, to believe that just one such state offers us a glimpse of the "real" reality. Rather, in the tone of a uniform theme found in nature, it's more likely that each state has an integral systems purpose. One being supportive in effect to the greater whole of it's relative existence.

The greatest struggle with respect to the immensely broad spectrum that defines the human sentient experience is what is referred to as the dualism of mind and body. IMO, this is an illusion due to many thousands of years of our awareness being centered around a baseline progressive survival induction within the animalistic physical realm of our environment. One wherein our primary instinct driven nature has determined the focus of our cognitive modeling. We have been forced to sum up our environments in as many primitive isolated details as has been necessary to insure our survival in such a brutal state of affairs as has been routinely demanded of us for many thousands of years now. To focus on the big picture of interconnectedness would have meant rendering us all too quickly vulnerable, and quite possibly utterly extinct. Much like the passive agrarian intricacies whose sophisticated societal tendencies laid waste to their own indigenous people's state of survival due to the savage nature of the efficiency of conquest. We have been repeatedly conditioned to "get right to the point" as deterministically as would be possible. Forced by necessity to best avoid the select specifics of survival's threat by means of cognitively cataloging exacting physical identities of those that would have us for dinner. This alone cannot be underestimated as it has taught us, and thereby shaped the use of our memories to focus on the singular task at hand. Thus, humankind engages the universe, never in many cases realizing that our most formative intellectual teacher was a meat eating savage or caveman.

Many, many, many studies have more than underlined the significance of what the ardent materialist defines as comprising the utterly insignificant. In this consideration, the materialist are the bastions of the self proclaimed righteousness of efficiency. They are the commercial meat eaters that plunder the far and away more so sophisticated agrarian applications for which there is little commercial application in a world gone into a mad spin via the gravitational forces of greed and empowerment. How far outside the cave are we really?

Thanks for everyone joining in. I have much reading material to sink my teeth into and get lost in thoughts and possibilities.
More than likely I will probably espouse and support the very opposite of everything I have said in these post.
I find myself as I am sure most do of changing my thoughts on existence and reality on an almost daily basis as new ways of looking as issues are presented. And the best part is that as soon as we find ways to prove one aspect no matter how small it usually leads down a different path than what the results were originally intended to support.
From the big freeze, solipsism, idealism, presentist, eternalism and the multiverse. It is a veritable smorgasbord of endless possibilities.
And the best part is in not truly every knowing...because then the magic would truly be gone

And ..."no" I am not as smart as Jethro was on the Beverly Hillbillies...but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night

Bazinga!

One wherein our primary instinct driven nature has determined the focus of our cognitive modeling. We have been forced to sum up our environments in as many primitive isolated details as has been necessary to insure our survival in such a brutal state of affairs as has been routinely demanded of us for many thousands of years now. To focus on the big picture of interconnectedness would have meant rendering us all too quickly vulnerable, and quite possibly utterly extinct.

I only wanted to point out how this idea resonates with the concept of the "left brain" vs the "right brain." Although the left/right hemisphere is more of a myth than a true anatomical feature, it's still a valid model with regards to how the mind interacts with the world around it.

The right brain is the holistic one. It sees reality as a whole; the big picture. It's more of a intuitive awareness than a rational process. Whereas the left brain is in charge of interpreting and dissecting the small details with a nit-picky approach.

Our society has favored the left brain at the cost of dismissing the right brain. That wasn't always the case in other more 'primitive' societies, and I think it's one of the reasons why phenomena that don't fit inside the 'cookie-cutter' list of the left brain are so ignored and belittled by our modern authorities.

I only wanted to point out how this idea resonates with the concept of the "left brain" vs the "right brain." Although the left/right hemisphere is more of a myth than a true anatomical feature, it's still a valid model with regards to how the mind interacts with the world around it.

The right brain is the holistic one. It sees reality as a whole; the big picture. It's more of a intuitive awareness than a rational process. Whereas the left brain is in charge of interpreting and dissecting the small details with a nit-picky approach.

Our society has favored the left brain at the cost of dismissing the right brain. That wasn't always the case in other more 'primitive' societies, and I think it's one of the reasons why phenomena that don't fit inside the 'cookie-cutter' list of the left brain are so ignored and belittled by our modern authorities.

RPJ,
It's really cool that you point this out because I am totally familiar with what you are stating here concerning the right/left brain consideration. Several years ago I posted a response to what I believe was a Nick Redfern post on one of the blogs. I stated that what Ufology really needed was a far and away more so right brained approach and far less of the left brained statistical correlations treatment it's been getting for the last 70 or so years. The latter has not amounted to squat IMO. I think that Vallee however has always maintained a decent right to left brain perspective ratio.

The truth of course is that both are ultimately critical, but it's easy for the left to become the dominant format due to the nature of physicality. Humanity with respect to progress always leans on externalized systematic adaption as a means of an access route forward. As you state here clearly, it is the right brain's inclination that is intuitive in orientation and therefore the trained logical mind sees it as a ready exemplification of progressive redundancy. It seems as though we have literally come to see the intuition process as a needless hindrance due to the left's tendency to reduce matters in an effort to avoid any and all impedance to progress via the material based efficiency of process. The right orientation is just the opposite as it trains itself on matters internal first, wherein IMO, a far greater state of healthy systemics can progressively attain truth through the revelations of enlightenment. It seems mystical, but it's really not at all. It's the exact same method that many great inventors have used since the beginning of time. Edison was famous for it.

It's both sad in an unfortunate sense, as well as telling in an instinctive manner, how humanity have become conditioned to prematurely cast judgments, and align social values, by short cutting to that which facilitates this exterior mechanized nature we operate by and with. All through the forced elimination of what is actually the largest and most potential part of our existence. The non-material aspects of our existence. You could say that modern society is one with Devo. lol!

What do you mean I can't access this Akashic Record thing via the Internet? Doesn't McDonald's offer that with a Happy Meal? I might be able to get an e-book version from Amazon. Maybe Netflix can stream it...

It's funny/It's sad/It's reality

Einstein, interesting creative thinker that he was, had a brain whose corpus callosum fostered more connection between his left brain and right brain than in any brain previously examined.

Last edited:
Back