• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Matrix

Athomepaul

Paranormal Novice
I am have been racking my brain to figure out why the movement of UFOs looks familiar to me.
For years when watching videos and listening to folks tell accounts of what they witnessed and the jerky, quick and erratic fast movements described. I knew I had seen them before.

Finally it hit me....cursor movements by a computer programmer/tech.

If you compare how techs and programmers or desktop publishers fiddle around with the mouse and move the cursor when they work it is very similar to the movements of UFOs.

Could we actually be seeing the cursor movements of the programmers of our Matrix reality?! Is this why we will never have actual physical evidence or a mass landing on the White House lawn because they are not vehicles but simply the cursor movements of our programming overlords.

th

I am have been racking my brain to figure out why the movement of UFOs looks familiar to me.
For years when watching videos and listening to folks tell accounts of what they witnessed and the jerky, quick and erratic fast movements described. I knew I had seen them before.

If you compare how techs and programmers or desktop publishers fiddle around with the mouse and move the cursor when they work it is very similar to the movements of UFOs.

Could we actually be seeing the cursor movements of the programmers of our Matrix reality?! Is this why we will never have actual physical evidence or a mass landing on the White House lawn because they are not vehicles but simply the cursor movements of our programming overlords.
But UFOS did invade Washington D.C.

But UFOS did invade Washington D.C.

earth-vs-flying-saucers.jpg

UFOs the cursors of our computer Overlords? If that's the case, then perhaps instead of the "Independence Day" arrival of the mother ship, what we'll get is a ginormous emoji in the sky :p

I've been toying with the idea that most of the 'true' UFO sightings are not structured craft as we think of them, but a 'projection' of some kind. I also look with great interest to such radical theories as the holographic universe, and the philosophical discussions re. whether we live inside some kind of computer simulation or not.

The problem I have with those ideas is that I feel people take them too literally. IMO they are useful metaphors, which may or may not be closer to the truth than previous scientific/philosophical models --e.g. thinking of the Universe as a computer, instead of comparing it to a clockwork mechanism like they used to in the XVIIIth and XIXth century-- but we risk confusing them for the real thing --mistaking the map with the territory.

IMO the UFO phenomenon's true origin may be something for which we don't even have adequate metaphors to address it yet. Maybe we never will, or it will require for us to evolve beyond the use of language to do so. Like psychedelic trips or mystic experiences, when it comes to UFOs words are just to darn limiting ;)

Saludos,

RPJ

UFOs the cursors of our computer Overlords? If that's the case, then perhaps instead of the "Independence Day" arrival of the mother ship, what we'll get is a ginormous emoji in the sky :p

I've been toying with the idea that most of the 'true' UFO sightings are not structured craft as we think of them, but a 'projection' of some kind. I also look with great interest to such radical theories as the holographic universe, and the philosophical discussions re. whether we live inside some kind of computer simulation or not.

The problem I have with those ideas is that I feel people take them too literally. IMO they are useful metaphors, which may or may not be closer to the truth than previous scientific/philosophical models --e.g. thinking of the Universe as a computer, instead of comparing it to a clockwork mechanism like they used to in the XVIIIth and XIXth century-- but we risk confusing them for the real thing --mistaking the map with the territory.

IMO the UFO phenomenon's true origin may be something for which we don't even have adequate metaphors to address it yet. Maybe we never will, or it will require for us to evolve beyond the use of language to do so. Like psychedelic trips or mystic experiences, when it comes to UFOs words are just to darn limiting ;)

Saludos,

RPJ

RPJ,
I think you have hit upon a very key point that has been doing it's best to give me cranial indigestion of late. The ol' grey matter's proverbial stomach has been doing flip flops and I can just now feel relief on the way. Before you plug your nose, or grab the nearest bottle of pepto-bismol and throw it at me, let me, eh-hem, clear the air.

I recently read some similar words, as what you related in your post here, in a great thread here on this forum concerning the ETH being folkloric in nature. @boomerang states: "When speculating about intelligences capable of behaviors involving manipulation of time, space, matter and mind exhibited by this phenomenon, we don't even have the right questions, much less answers. This is not an invocation of unfathomable "magic" beyond the pale of logic."

I too am fascinated by the idea of existing within a possible holographic universe. Not one in which God sits off to the side in an effort to entertain him or herself while enjoying the bemusing spectacle of our projections, but rather one wherein nature and the reality we experience are informational in makeup. One wherein we (the entirety of human experiential existence) are a secondary light entrained rendering rather than a primary firsthand representation of a basic matter of fact, materialist self contained closed loop. Both views contain tremendous merit on their own, but I must state emphatically that I have been hit between the ears with a most amazing sense of eureka concerning this HU idea and UFOs. It all makes sense from the stand point of one critically unavoidable factor. Namely, that of time.

For years and years and years, those of us familiar with early contactee and quasi military direct interrogations of supposed UFOnauts, we have been given the phrase extratemporals with respect to an actual alien or non-human ID. This is to state, "those outside the constraints of time". With respect for the vast assemblage of reported UFO informational constructs, this hypothetically speaking rings a clear bell. Everything we understand and know in the material physics realm is relevant to the working concept of time. None of what is potentially related with respect to those witness, both static and dynamic, to the UFO phenomenon itself, logically synchronizes in actuation according to our working understandings of time.

I have known on a gut level for many years now that the greatest conundrum with respect to the UFO problem is the fact that somehow we as witness to the phenomena are directly involved, and at some level, we are responsible for the manner in which they interact with our perceptions of them. If one beats one's head upon the wall long enough, inevitably one comes to the conclusion that UFOs according to the reported puzzle pieces, do not navigate air space interdependently in the way we understand physical constraints and then attempt to overcome those factors with the aid of environmentally specific technologies. It seems as though they must be able to converge with our perceptions of reality rather than to be specifically bound by it and deal with us directly within as much. Keel of course referred to this as their ultraterrestrial nature.

What the HU (holographic universe) as a consideration does for us is to give us a possible glimpse into the "logic" responsible for the "magic" that @boomerang mentioned prior. The HU theory postulates that the reality that we experience is a particulate diffusing and reassembly of a light/gravity entrained projection. One that first occurs on a two dimensional plane and then by process of this natural diffusing becomes the actuated three dimensional experience that we all live out in complete and total material consistency. This primary to secondary informational transition could be the breakdown of time that the UFO human experiential perception roots itself within according to our reported interactions and observations of them.

Everything we perceive about everything is a product of experience inducing informational rendering. The key to the manipulation of time would seem intrinsic to a technology that allowed for a transition between the primary two dimensional origin and the secondary three dimensional destiny that we experience. Is this the technology that UFOs represent? Could the *actual* UFOnauts themselves (read: responsible agency) be two dimensional in nature? One that has progressed to the effect of being able to harness a technological access to the three dimensional reality that we all experience.

It's very interesting to note that if one places stock in the holographic universe theory, one immediately contends that we are a composite two/three dimensional being in natural makeup. Is the two dimensional realm, the realm of the "soul", "spirit", or primary discarnate essence that we loop from and two in perpetuated existence?

[...]

Everything we perceive about everything is a product of experience inducing informational rendering. The key to the manipulation of time would seem intrinsic to a technology that allowed for a transition between the primary two dimensional origin and the secondary three dimensional destiny that we experience. Is this the technology that UFOs represent? Could the *actual* UFOnauts themselves (read: responsible agency) be two dimensional in nature? One that has progressed to the effect of being able to harness a technological access to the three dimensional reality that we all experience.

It's very interesting to note that if one places stock in the holographic universe theory, one immediately contends that we are a composite two/three dimensional being in natural makeup. Is the two dimensional realm, the realm of the "soul", "spirit", or primary discarnate essence that we loop from and two in perpetuated existence?

I really dig that concept, "experience-inducing informational rendering." I might have to steal it from you :p

I perceive myself as a person with a somewhat gnostic mentality --probably the reason I liked The Matrix so much-- so to me these are all ideas that harken back to Plato's cave and all that Jazz. We might use different terminology, like Bohm's Implicate Order, or maybe even Tom Fusco's Super Geometry, but in the end we all keep returning to the same idea: What we think as the 'real world' is enclosed within a 'bigger' reality to which we are barely aware of.

So maaaybe the UFO phenomenon is in a way linked to that 'primary' reality, and only 'intersects' with our secondary one in a very limited capacity. And if that is true, then it would be every skeptic's biggest nightmare: UFOs are real. It is *we* who are the illusion! ;)

I really dig that concept, "experience-inducing informational rendering." I might have to steal it from you :p

I perceive myself as a person with a somewhat gnostic mentality --probably the reason I liked The Matrix so much-- so to me these are all ideas that harken back to Plato's cave and all that Jazz. We might use different terminology, like Bohm's Implicate Order, or maybe even Tom Fusco's Super Geometry, but in the end we all keep returning to the same idea: What we think as the 'real world' is enclosed within a 'bigger' reality to which we are barely aware of.

So maaaybe the UFO phenomenon is in a way linked to that 'primary' reality, and only 'intersects' with our secondary one in a very limited capacity. And if that is true, then it would be every skeptic's biggest nightmare: UFOs are real. It is *we* who are the illusion! ;)

Anything I write is freely yours. Apart from the fact that there is really nothing new under the face of the sun, perhaps there is no greater charitable force than the wonder of ignorance due to the nature of it's speculation bound free license. It's the very essence of generosity.

The longer I consider and dwell on the UFO phenomenon, the more I am convinced that the "reality" that we experience is very much our own being's native sentient fingerprint on the surface of this larger reality. I have, in my speculations, called this larger reality, universal, or environmental, consciousness. When we witness UFOs, I think that it's possible that what we are witness to is a reflections of either non-human intelligence, or future human intelligence, that has developed technologies, not so much relevant to space travel with all it's blessed physical limitations, but rather, the actual navigation of this larger realm of existent possibilities. Our physical universe itself may hold no existent contextual meaning whatsoever to foreign intelligences apart from those entrained within it's sentient specific environment. Within our day to day existence, it's possible that we are never actually experiencing reality in terms of an awareness of a firsthand, or primary informational uptake, as much as we are remembering it's informational contents in rendered form, post cognitive processing according to the manner in which our natural finite physical filters allow us to decode it into living experience. Possibly our perception and measurement of time itself is memory relevant due to the decaying linear nature of our natively entrained bioelectric physicality. Could that be why UFO technologies fail to abide by the same aerodynamic and gravitational restrictions that we are forced to yield and conform to within this huge entrainment ground we call reality? Perhaps their technologies insulate them from as much by modifying the entrainment relationship between the physical absolutes of our environment and their mechanisms native relationship to the bigger reality. UFOs may be technologies represent of artificial consciousness. Overseers of as much could have engineered physically cognitive artificial intelligence to interact as variable reality engines.

Anyway you look at it, with respect to UFOs, I only know that I don't know. All there is, is free of pricey working definitions, with an abundance of boundless and completely free speculative possibilities.

Last edited:
Anyway you look at it, with respect to UFOs, I only know that I don't know. All there is, is free of pricey working definitions, with an abundance of boundless and completely free speculative possibilities.

And maybe that's the whole point of it. Robert (Burnt State) very eloquently said on his last appearance at The Paracast how many people are uncomfortable with open-ended, ambiguous narratives. They much prefer simple, definitive stories; which is why movies like Kubrick's 2001 is such a good Roscharch test for people --you either love it or hate it.

But there's a lot of value in ambiguity, too. There was a scientific test proving that test subjects fared slightly better on an IQ test after reading a Kafka short story.

As part of their research, Proulx and Steven J. Heine, a professor of psychology at the University of British Columbia and the article's second co-author, asked a group of subjects to read an abridged and slightly edited version of Kafka's "The Country Doctor," which involves a nonsensical –– and in some ways disturbing –– series of events. A second group read a different version of the same short story, one that had been rewritten so that the plot and literary elements made sense. The subjects were then asked to complete an artificial-grammar learning task in which they were exposed to hidden patterns in letter strings. They were asked to copy the individual letter strings and then to put a mark next to those that followed a similar pattern.

"People who read the nonsensical story checked off more letter strings –– clearly they were motivated to find structure," said Proulx. "But what's more important is that they were actually more accurate than those who read the more normal version of the story. They really did learn the pattern better than the other participants did."

So maybe there might be an intentionality behind the UFO's 'nonsensical' behavior: To force us to think differently and re-evaluate our given assumptions about the nature of Reality. A method to the madness, if you will ;)

And maybe that's the whole point of it. Robert (Burnt State) very eloquently said on his last appearance at The Paracast how many people are uncomfortable with open-ended, ambiguous narratives. They much prefer simple, definitive stories; which is why movies like Kubrick's 2001 is such a good Roscharch test for people --you either love it or hate it.

But there's a lot of value in ambiguity, too. There was a scientific test proving that test subjects fared slightly better on an IQ test after reading a Kafka short story.

As part of their research, Proulx and Steven J. Heine, a professor of psychology at the University of British Columbia and the article's second co-author, asked a group of subjects to read an abridged and slightly edited version of Kafka's "The Country Doctor," which involves a nonsensical –– and in some ways disturbing –– series of events. A second group read a different version of the same short story, one that had been rewritten so that the plot and literary elements made sense. The subjects were then asked to complete an artificial-grammar learning task in which they were exposed to hidden patterns in letter strings. They were asked to copy the individual letter strings and then to put a mark next to those that followed a similar pattern.

"People who read the nonsensical story checked off more letter strings –– clearly they were motivated to find structure," said Proulx. "But what's more important is that they were actually more accurate than those who read the more normal version of the story. They really did learn the pattern better than the other participants did."

So maybe there might be an intentionality behind the UFO's 'nonsensical' behavior: To force us to think differently and re-evaluate our given assumptions about the nature of Reality. A method to the madness, if you will ;)

Absolutely! Humans are by nature pattern designers, makers, and followers. If it was all about the straight and narrow path, we'd most likely already be cuttin' the rug with some alien cutesie in some dive little juke joint called the Giddy Up Galileo, out there amongst the stars somewhere. It's not though, and these memes (as Vallee points out) have been shown and demonstrated to us six ways from Sunday, seemingly, in at least 60 different forms and shades throughout the ages. It's not about what's out there, it's all about what's in here. (krazee guy points to his melon and smiles)

Still, in yet, we have UFO historic records dating back thousands and thousands of years. Aeriel spectacles abound only to confound. In fact, what the hell doesn't confound a person concerning these things?

One most truly interesting speculation is whether the phenomenon originates within us, or external to us. Are there forms of developmental sentient evolution that we are yet familiar with? Ever notice just how many times within the realm of Fortean speculations, apart from natural quirks like raining frogs, earthworms, and fish, how one can find an historic trail of bread crumbs leading back to imagination's cradle with respect to the origin of many a Fortean fancy?

Are these the products of exterior guidance, or are they a select part of how we naturally interact with the seemingly directionless stream of temporally relevant information we uptake and store? Almost in slide rule like fashion, resulting in evolutionary equations that model and help define our social scientific development to self determined varying outcomes.

Are UFOs testament to the quasi reality of religious teachings that harbor the notions of genies, angels and demons?

Are we, as MR. Fort contended, really just cattle?

Personally, I am a little more akin to the idea of being awash in a sea of possibilities called consciousness.

One most truly interesting speculation is whether the phenomenon originates within us, or external to us. Are there forms of developmental sentient evolution that we are yet familiar with? Ever notice just how many times within the realm of Fortean speculations, apart from natural quirks like raining frogs, earthworms, and fish, how one can find an historic trail of bread crumbs leading back to imagination's cradle with respect to the origin of many a Fortean fancy?

Are these the products of exterior guidance, or are they a select part of how we naturally interact with the seemingly directionless stream of temporally relevant information we uptake and store? Almost in slide rule like fashion, resulting in evolutionary equations that model and help define our social scientific development to self determined varying outcomes.

I suspect the ultimate answer will prove those distinctions [Internal vs External] to be quite arbitrary; and in the end, completely irrelevant. The ole dictum "As Above, So Below" could be changed to "As Within, So Wihout".

I think that is the secret that magicians and esoteric practitioners came to uncover: That the human mind is a key by which one can 'hack' the software of Reality itself.

I was just watching this interview with Dennis McKenna in which he was asked whether the entities one encounters during a DMT trip external to the 'psychonaut' or not. As a Western reductionist, he's inclined to think they are a part of your own psyche which gets 'projected' or boosted by the DMT; surely an Amazonian shaman would beg to differ and claim these are all spirits or demons living in a separate realm.

A Zen monk would just nod his head with a smile and say it's all different aspects of a single Mind --including, of course, ourselves ;)

From the video with McKenna our ability to hack reality is a long term evolutionary process, one which rationalism & conservatism has slowed down, perhaps even halted. The hallucinogenic experience has been framed as fearful as opposed to a teaching agent. He suggests, with language not very developed, that you need courage to take the drug and then "hang on" after you jump off the cliff. Perhaps the failing is to be found in the interview as he dips his French fries into ketchup then mouth. My image of him as esoteric shaman taught by the plant teachers suddenly waned. But I do agree that when the snakes are coming at you in the trip, or when the UFO descends to greet you, these are teaching moments. At the very least these are moments of personal reflection.

If As Within, So Without (or is that As Without, So Within?) and we are one with the hallucination, a part of the fabric of the matrix, then the underlying structures of our reality and our consciousness are far more exciting and open ended than what rationalism has to offer. In his major modernist work of literary criticism, The Motive for Metaphor, Frye says that metaphor is a kind of magic, an insistence that reality can be something else altogether, and that we use metaphor to make ourselves a part of the unknown natural world whose language we do not share. In our attempts to include ourselves in the metaphoric structure we try to be a part of unknown reality as opposed to being apart from it.
kaleidoscope_alien_by_creevesabudd-d5b4txj.jpg

The eternal question then perhaps is not internal vs. external so much as whether or not something else is trying to make metaphor out of us? Is there someone on the other end of the telescope staring back through their kaleidoscope? There is a kind of mirroring that defeats us, as we seem to naturally reject or simply can not comprehend how to commune with the alien mind. All our familiar tropes fail us: space brother, space demon, space lover, space trickster... Perhaps what we need is simply patience as we work towards a better integration of the hallucination, the hologram, the maddening cursor in the sky. In the fact the OP suggests that this next metaphor of digital life may in fact be the next metaphoric step of how we deepen our understanding of these very perplexing realities. Maybe more patience is needed as we start to experiment more with the teaching hallucination that tries to bridge these gaps.

Can anyone here imagine family psilocybin infused spa picnics? I think McKenna may have to wait quite some time for such moments. I can see Soylent Green suicidal psyilobin clinics first. There's a lot to overcome and that's not very easy when you live in an age of surveillance, participatory dictatorship, and enforcement of simple binaries, either this or that - who really celebrates ambiguity?

If we postulate UFOs as an intrusion into our reality on the part of some higher order, this could make a kind of analogous sense. Reported movements and capabilities of UFOs: immunity to certain laws of physics such as making right angle turns at thousands of mph, popping into and out of "reality", a seeming ability to warp time etc., might dovetail with a view that sees the UFO and its occupants as not so much adept at manipulating known laws of physics, as simply changing or bypassing them to suit whatever needs they might have.

How to test or validate this view? I have no idea !

Love the video. And I agree that most of the Ayahuasca experience is yourself, or better, it is your higher self talking to you without your ego interfering. But, WHAT IS THE HIGHER SELF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I only did Ayahuasca 7 times. It is not enough to judge it. But I saw the elves once, they are cute. Saw Mama Ayahuasca, but she told me she was my guardian not a plant spirit. I saw native indians doing cure work on me while on a hammock hanging 4 meters above where my body as. Oh so much creativity, ...or not! Love these mysteries. Am I sane? Probably. Normal? As much as Aldous Huxley. ;) But I am happy, and that what counts. And an eternal researcher of mysteries.

Is there someone on the other end of the telescope staring back through their kaleidoscope? There is a kind of mirroring that defeats us, as we seem to naturally reject or simply can not comprehend how to commune with the alien mind. All our familiar tropes fail us: space brother, space demon, space lover, space trickster... Perhaps what we need is simply patience as we work towards a better integration of the hallucination, the hologram, the maddening cursor in the sky. In the fact the OP suggests that this next metaphor of digital life may in fact be the next metaphoric step of how we deepen our understanding of these very perplexing realities. Maybe more patience is needed as we start to experiment more with the teaching hallucination that tries to bridge these gaps.

Can anyone here imagine family psilocybin infused spa picnics? I think McKenna may have to wait quite some time for such moments. I can see Soylent Green suicidal psyilobin clinics first. There's a lot to overcome and that's not very easy when you live in an age of surveillance, participatory dictatorship, and enforcement of simple binaries, either this or that - who really celebrates ambiguity?

The mirroring with regards to "the other" is something I've been pondering upon. When I listened to Greg Bishop interview Bruce Duensing, for some reason I remembered Betty Hill's 'Star Map.' Yes, the whole notion of an interplanetary civilization relying on freaking MAPS to navigate between the stars is utterly nonsensical, but perhaps the map had a more metaphorical significance.

In the story, the 'leader' shows Betty the map and asks if she can point her location int it. When she admits she cannot, the leader replies "If you don't know where you are, there wouldn't be any point in my telling you where I am."

Was that an indication that before trying to understand the intelligence behind the UFO phenomenon, we first need to understand who WE are? Or is it that in order to observe our own reflection, we are forced to use 'the other' as a mirror? Is that the reason we are so obsessed with the phenomenon?

Is that the reason we feel so alone?

No, I really can't envision the kind of psychonautic 'spa' Dennis talks about in that interview. Our society is still too immersed in materialism. Perhaps it is that immersion what drives the emergence of so many people in the Western world claiming the abduction experience. Perhaps it's a natural reaction intended to restore some measure of spiritual balance in the modern world.

Love the video. And I agree that most of the Ayahuasca experience is yourself, or better, it is your higher self talking to you without your ego interfering. But, WHAT IS THE HIGHER SELF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I only did Ayahuasca 7 times. It is not enough to judge it. But I saw the elves once, they are cute. Saw Mama Ayahuasca, but she told me she was my guardian not a plant spirit. I saw native indians doing cure work on me while on a hammock hanging 4 meters above where my body as. Oh so much creativity, ...or not! Love these mysteries. Am I sane? Probably. Normal? As much as Aldous Huxley. ;) But I am happy, and that what counts. And an eternal researcher of mysteries.
I'm still trying to gather enough courage to go through that ordeal.

Red_pill_junkie
I have seen people in bad trips, but they are the minority. Most have beautiful insights. However, it all depends of the place you do it, and the purity of the brew. If it is only the vine and chacrona with no other stuff added, it is tame. But being in a place with good energy is a must.

Stepping Into The Fire (full ayahuasca documentary)

TEXT: "Published on Aug 9, 2012: Ayahuasca can have extreme negative health effects if taken with some presciptions drugs, especially antidepressants such as Prozac and other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. A few deaths have been attributed to the use of ayahuacsa, although the causes of the deaths have not all been conclusively determined. In at least some cases ayahuasca use might have directly resulted in the fatality.

"The primary risks associated with ayahuasca are the inclusion of a MAOI as a definitional component of the brew and the fact that there is no single recipe for ayahuasca and admixture plants can include any of a wide variety of psychoactives including Datura or Brugmansia. MAOIs can be dangerous because they inhibit an enzyme important in the metabolic breakdown of many foods and drugs. The combination of MAOIs with certain drugs, particularly stimulants, can lead to dangerous or potentially fatal medical situations.

"Traditional ayahuasca use involves a complex set of pre-ceremony dietary guidelines that exclude many foods and modern shamans require that participants stop using most pharmaceuticals (even anti-malarial and anti-diarrhea drugs) in order to take ayahuasca with them. Additionally, the strength/potency of ayahuasca brews varies from batch to batch, which can impact the risks related to contraindicated combinations.

"Finally, the term "ayahuasca" is sometimes used for "pharmahuasca" or blends of pure or extracted chemicals combined to mimic the effects of the traditional ayahuasca brews. The health risks associated with all drugs are dose-dependent and pharmahuasca-type ayahuascas can easily include much higher dose levels than plant-based ayahuascas and are often consumed by less experienced self-experimenters and often without experienced sitter/guide.

"Famous Case: Kyle Nolan - September 2012
Very widely reported ayahuasca-related fatality of an 18-year-old young man. Kyle Nolan travelled to Peru to take part in an ayahuasca ceremony, but died while there. The shaman, Jose Manuel Pineda, buried Mr. Nolan's body and later told his family Kyle had simply gone missing. On further investigation, the shaman admitted that Kyle had died during the ceremony, and said he had taken an excessive dose. Nolan's family was suspicious and his father stated, "I believe my son was murdered because people don't die from ingesting ayahuasca". As of April 2013, no final information indicating Kyle died from ayahuasca ingestion has been published."

I have watched the above video and found this after watching -

Public Statement to the Ayahuasca Community
LINK: Public Statement to the Ayahuasca Community | Ayahuasca.com

TEXT: "After the very first Shimbre (then called Chimbre) retreat in April, 2010, Rob Velez, the founder and funder of Shimbre was counseled both verbally and in writing by a number of concerned individuals that “Maestro Mancoluto’s” practices were not in keeping with the sacred traditions–and were in fact, very dangerous. In addition, Velez was warned the ayahuasca and huachuma (San Pedro) served by Mancoluto contained potentially dangerous admixtures of other plants. This counsel was not received in the spirit of deep concern and caring from which it was offered. Instead, it was regarded as an unfounded personal attack on Mancoluto and Velez’s business. Friendships and business relationships were destroyed as a result of these warnings."

Last edited:
Back