• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Mars show/Face on Mars

Aspie

Skilled Investigator
Please don't have Richard C. Hoagland on this show. The guy is a complete nut. If you allow this guy on the show you will be going down the same old road that Coast to Coast has, and you will never get rid of him.

Talk about Mars anomalies and such, but if you let Hoagland on all he will want to do is plug his dvd's and conference videos.

Aspie said:
Please don't have Richard C. Hoagland on this show. The guy is a complete nut. If you allow this guy on the show you will be going down the same old road that Coast to Coast has, and you will never get rid of him.

Talk about Mars anomalies and such, but if you let Hoagland on all he will want to do is plug his dvd's and conference videos.

How about Mac Tonnies, who has also written a book on the subject?

I think Hoagland has some interesting theories. Sometimes he goes off the deep end with some things, but overall he seems alright.

Meaning Hoagland bought into it?

Hoagland seemed to have gone quiet on the "face" on Mars since the latest images were took, Apr 5th, my birthday. Well, he didn't immediately go quiet, but not too long after. NASA acted VERY strange about the photo. That still stands out in my memory. NASA was really walking on egg shells.

I like the Mars pic of Kermit the Frog. Anyone seen it? Not really related to Mac or Rich I don't think. I saw it via some skeptic long ago.

i think mac tonnies would be great! yeah, i agree; don't have hoagland on the show. i have to admit that some people that go way too far can sometimes be interesting to listen to, but hoagland is beyond them all. you might as well have william henry on so it can be a double whammy of guys who don't know what they're talking about. ;)
greg bishop might be a cool guest as well.

j-rod said:
guess what i just downloaded :-[

Dunno - the latest show? I thought both guests were very good - both exhibited a healthy level of skepticism even in their own theories.

I have some sympathy with Mac's suggestion that some UFO's may literally rely on our belief in them in order to manifest themselves in our reality - this would be a very good reason for the Government (secret or otherwise) to encourage everyone to disbelief the 'UFO reality'...if we all believed in the 'UFO reality', the skies would be full of them and the Government's authority would evaporate in an instant!

At the end of the show Mac suggested that NASA should concentrate on a manned mission to Mars - I agree, as long as that meant that they would establish a colony on our own Moon first. The moon landings happened a couple of years before I was born and so the lack of any real 'manned' space exploration in my lifetime has been a real disappointment to me. Not to mention baffling. Of course, the case may be that 'manned' exploration has continued in secret (possibly because they found something on the moon they want to keep to themselves)...

No Hoagland wasn't pleased. He basically started that those images cheapen enterprises research

Rick Deckard said:
Dunno - the latest show? I thought both guests were very good - both exhibited a healthy level of skepticism even in their own theories.

I have some sympathy with Mac's suggestion that some UFO's may literally rely on our belief in them in order to manifest themselves in our reality - this would be a very good reason for the Government (secret or otherwise) to encourage everyone to disbelief the 'UFO reality'...if we all believed in the 'UFO reality', the skies would be full of them and the Government's authority would evaporate in an instant!

At the end of the show Mac suggested that NASA should concentrate on a manned mission to Mars - I agree, as long as that meant that they would establish a colony on our own Moon first. The moon landings happened a couple of years before I was born and so the lack of any real 'manned' space exploration in my lifetime has been a real disappointment to me. Not to mention baffling. Of course, the case may be that 'manned' exploration has continued in secret (possibly because they found something on the moon they want to keep to themselves)...

BBC NEWS | Americas | US plans permanent base on Moon

interesting article i read today.

Back