• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

the mac tonnies show

zaneivy

Paranormal Novice
Some interesting discussion. If you haven't, please check out the ideas posited in Aeolus Kephas' book, "The Lucid View" which runs along para-lines at points with your discussion. Also, John Lash and his work on the "archons." Both of these guys might be a little far out for David, but there's still hope.

The Earth and Humanity...and the Grand Scheme within which the "unknown"/"hyperdimensional"/"metarational" entities or otherwise, serve a particular purpose related to coming changes and human consciousness...

Yes, how does the work of late done in synchromysticism, crop-circles, semiotics, etc., relate to the UFO/"alien" (or whatever) phenomena?

"How could they even handle it...could they cope with it?"

Good question...initiation may not be for everyone...

"They" want you to know...gno...but hey...what the heck is it going to take? Not a little "insanity" popping up in your films, in your ads, in your popular culture, in your historical investigations, in your skies, in your bedrooms...in your soup...

Anyway, for lack of a better turn of phrase, "enjoyed portions of your show."

Peace, Zane

Awesome show guys. GJ. On one hand I'm ecstatic that Gene and David bring this level of discourse to the UFO field and general para type topics, yet at the same time I cry a little 'cause no one else can seem to and I have to wait a whole week to listen again. (I sould like a groupie) But its the truth. I bet you guys never signed up for groupies... Maybe you should start some sort of cult like everyone else.

Annnnyways, here's the link to the animation that David and Mack were talking about.

http://www.ursispaltenstein.ch/blog/weblog.php?/weblog/more/meteorite_collision/

Jeff R. has a show, and so does Jeremy V. If you like the Paracast, you might like theirs as well. David has another show too, but I think it deals in politics mostly. I haven't listened to it yet.

Jeff R. has a show, and so does Jeremy V. If you like the Paracast, you might like theirs as well. David has another show too, but I think it deals in politics mostly. I haven't listened to it yet.

Daedalus said:
Annnnyways, here's the link to the animation that David and Mack were talking about.

http://www.ursispaltenstein.ch/blog/weblog.php?/weblog/more/meteorite_collision/

Nice animation. Gee....thanks, I guess.

The comments are vaguely interesting, too. One a-retentive scientist complained, but mostly people just say "wow" in more words.

One of the things I don't see simulated well is the atmospheric and ground-based shock waves that would travel pretty quick around the world (speed of sound in rock) and deafen everyone or maim or kill with a pressure spike, blowing out every window on the planet and making an earthquake like never before. Not to mention, that the earth is spinning at 900 mph at the equator, and the unbalanced wheel effect wouldn't be fun (we would all die nauseous).
I want to see the simulation of 6 billion people (well, the 3 billion that don't die instantly) puking at the same time with their ears blown out and their eyes bleeding.

Just a couple more reasons to keep the skywatching budgets up to date....

AG

I've been out of the loop of late but just finished listening to the last 2 shows. The Romanick show was tops, I loved the honesty truly. This most recent Tonnies show was also really good and it is nice to hear a reasonable discourse regarding what might possibly be on mars instead of the standard insane Hoagland or the dismissive company line. I also enjoyed the theories regarding abductions towards the end as well. i think it's definitely worth discussing the meaning behind the lab tests abductees seem to frequently go through, whether they are symbolic, are actual tests, etc......

It would be cool if Rittzman and Valiens and you guys all pulled toward your shows and had a tri-weekly one stop shop for pod casts.

By the way David, I bought the book about Arigo from Amazon and my God man, I can't believe he isn't some type of cultural icon on par with the pope or jesus or michael Jordan. Based on the book (assuming the book is accurate) I can't think of any other paranormal case that has nearly as much credible concrete evidence. It makes most of the UFo stuff seem fluffy. i mean the guy treated close to a million people??? WTF? They got video, photos, testimony, MD's from american, the former President of Brazil!!!

When doing a google search it appears Alan Arkin was working on a movie about Arigo, but it doesn't appear that it ever came out???? I wonder what happened.

Anywho, the book presents probably the best case of the paranormal that I've ever read, amazing. Thanks so much for opening my world to his story. All I can say after reading only half of the book is WOW! I'm gonna order a copy for my brother who is a doctor but thinks the paranormal is rubbish.

I have to agree with Daivd's comments at the end about the whole repetition thing regarding soil samples or human sampling in abductions. As I said in another thread, if the basis of science is repeatablity then why would "alien" science not be so? Besides if the nature of the experiment corrupts or destroys the sample then obviously more sampling will be required. On the other hand, I really can't think of a report of soil samples being seen to be taken within the last 30 years.

Rocketsauce,

Glad you were able to find a copy of the book, it really is amazing, right? Makes you wonder what other paranormal cases have faded into the obscurity of the past. As far as the Arkin film, apparently it never happened - I don't think he was able to get funding for it.

CapnG - I think you're right, I haven't heard of any soil-sample collection cases in a long time. Perhaps they got all they needed for now, who knows?

dB

If I remember correctly the Witnessed case had some greys taking sand samples. Or was it just fish? It's been awhile, so someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Finished listening to the show, and I enjoyed it very much. "Stan Friedman is on the line...." LOL.

As for why we should be so interesting to aliens: I might have said this before, but I'll put the 2 cents in again:
If there is one thing in common among all life, it is that it increases in complexity over time. Evolution requires diversity in order for species to adapt to changed environments. When a hole opens up in the environment that is hotter or wetter or drier than a species is accustomed to, then the 'fringe' of that species which was otherwise outside the 'normal' will be what reproduces and populates the new environment.
The Earth has a wild and woolly past with dominance going all the way from algae to incredibly deadly reptiles and the predators that eat them (and survive). If another planet (perhaps where the aliens came from) heats up like Venus or dries out like Mars, then the diversity of its species would also dry up.
Minimal contact with violent creatures while still collecting a diverse sampling of DNA makes sense from that standpoint. They don't need to 'study' us, just get as much variety as they can within the budget they have.
What species on the planet is easier to sample: wary wild creatures with claws or stupid humans who drug themselves to sleep in the same place every night and are easily manipulated through hormone therapy and pharmaceuticals and who even publish the instructions on how to tranquilize themselves?
They may or may not have some kind of hands-off policy. It might be prudent to not interfere with evolution of the planet if you are hoping for new things to develop over time on their own. Introduction of either biological or political contamination may end up with some type of Andromeda strain wiping out many species or power-mongering manipulators creating some religious monoculture of white men who can't jump enslaving everyone to work at McDonalds serving dead milk cows...........oh.........wait....;-)

David Biedny said:
Rocketsauce,

Glad you were able to find a copy of the book, it really is amazing, right? Makes you wonder what other paranormal cases have faded into the obscurity of the past. As far as the Arkin film, apparently it never happened - I don't think he was able to get funding for it.

CapnG - I think you're right, I haven't heard of any soil-sample collection cases in a long time. Perhaps they got all they needed for now, who knows?

dB

Must have been a crappy script or something??? I can't imagine a better made for hollywood true story particularly if they can spend millions on Kung Fu Panda, but arkin certainly is a pro so who knows. If you ever want to take a stab at this story in Hollywood let me know, i'd be willing to lend my limited writing talents :)

Arigo's story IMO really provides hope that indeed there is much more out there. Within the Dr. Fritz paradigm, it seems that while Arigo was out there saving people's lives, he was also doing so somewhat reluctantly at first, total reluctant prophet type and I don't blame him, I sure as well wouldn't want to get possessed by a German doctor. Just so many interesting facets to his story - possession, miracles, politics, infidelity??, family dynamics, mass media, courts, the church.... his story addresses sooo many important issues, the Catholic Church turning it's back on a real miracle, people symbolically crucifying something they can't explain, meanwhile Arigo is the salt of the earth guy, not some stuffy righteous figure........ How could this not be a movie!!!

loved the show as always.
i always enjoy the post biological intellect theory.
the idea that the biological hosts responsible for this intellect may have been insectoid in bio form , does seem to fit a lot of whats been observed, stribers early observations spring to mind.

i see science is saying that soon they will be able to "download" data direct to the brain. i wonder how long it will be before we do the reverse, backup our brains data to artificial media, i think the human hive mind is not too far away.

i really do think that in the big big picture that intelligence eventually evolves to a post biological form.

Mothra said:
Full seven minute animation from japan.

Ouch. Although to be fair, that's hardly your run-of-the-mill asteroid, that's like half a moon! Of course that's planetwide devastation on an unrecoverable scale, whereas in reality it wouldn't take even one tenth of that much to obliterate all of humanity and most of the life on earth as we know it...

mike said:
i see science is saying that soon they will be able to "download" data direct to the brain. i wonder how long it will be before we do the reverse, backup our brains data to artificial media, i think the human hive mind is not too far away.

Well once you bridge the mind/machine gap I would think transfer between the two would be simultaneously possible...

The meteor that hit the Yucatan was about 6 miles long. So basically when the front of it was slamming into the earth, the other end was up where jet liners fly. They believe that all of the molten rock that was ejected and came back to earth essentially lit the atmosphere on fire.

Mr P. Packrat - You wrote that David had a politics show. Got a link for that?

I also bought the Arigo book and thought the case was extraordinary. My neighbour, who is a physicist turned medical doctor, scoffs at the mere sight of the book and refuses to read it but he happily trots off to church every Sunday!
John G Fuller's work is outstanding and I'm particularly intrigued by his, "Ghost of 29 Megacycles". God, what a Paracast guest Mr Fuller would have made.

Yet another great rut-busting interview with Mac Tonnies, D & G.
Seems obvious what we need to do now: build a Paracast-funded Mars probe.

Loose Leaf Tea said:
Mr P. Packrat - You wrote that David had a politics show. Got a link for that?

I'll probably regret this, but it's called Angry Human:

http://www.rocklandworldradio.com/program/angryhuman/

Every Tuesday night, from 10-11 PM Eastern. And I've even got a call-in line! It broadcasts live. It's nothing like The Paracast. It's my cathartic scream.

Enjoy!

dB

CapnG said:
mike said:

Well once you bridge the mind/machine gap I would think transfer between the two would be simultaneously possible...

It sounds great, but there are some orders of magnitude when going from basic information (ascii spreadsheets) to full-blown experiential 3D memories and emotions. We can easily back up our tax data, but the sheer volume of what is stored biologically is pretty hard to fathom. Not to get too technical, but just working with 3D in real-time is pretty hard from a pixels-color-motion standpoint. Even a simple hologram of 1000Length x 1000height x 1000depth bits x 32 bits (color) x 24 frames per second multiplied by emotions, smells, touch, intentions......,
well, you get the picture.
I guess the lesson is that life is meant to be lived, not stored.

Great show, hurrah! It's like Mac has done more thinking outside of the ETH box than the rest of ufology has done inside the ETH box for 20 yrs.

And I love that he isn't married to cryptoterrestrial hypothesis. As it should be, CTH is just one possible explanation for the facts. There's like a whole invisible realm of explanatory space that Mac is shining a lonely flashlight on.

I'd like to see more discussion of the virtual hypothesis -- how much of this phenomenon could be computed simulacra? Maybe you could book Nick Bostrom or Glenn Yeffeth.

Damn Gene. You need to hook up with an affiliate program since people are buyin books. Two Arigo books sold so far. That be like, 20 cents for you lol.

Back