• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Linda Cortile UFO Abduction Website

The requirements for believability in this case are far too high. Unlike the Travis Walton case, this story has a series of key witnesses that are simply inaccessible and can not corroborate publicly, with or without polygraph, that any of these things actually took place. Having an inaccessible witness prove someone else's 'he said/she said' story makes it hard to believe.

The other pieces that bother me with this case is how previous criticisms always then result in character assassinations of the critic. When all the big UFO names rushed to Hopkins' defense over some fairly heavy oddities in the case i.e. why Cortile never went to the police re: abduction and attempted rape by American security officials etc. I was a little shocked. This seems to be a theme in the abduction meme, and that the ufological community would rather protect their own than admit to deceit. And there are a number of very fuzzy items associated with the Cortile-Hopkins-Woods-Jacobs affairs that just don't rinse out well in the wash. When the defense of individuals is brought on with vengeance it strikes me as being more than peculiar.

Finally, why on earth is the UN secretary stopping the son of a supposed alien abductee in the middle of the street, who is only nine at the time, and giving him an antique, valuable diving helmet? That just makes no sense whatsoever. I tell my kids to run and scream when strange men in cars pull up to them offering gifts. Now the helmet does exist and like so many aspects of this case it feels like reality is being forged as in forgery - as De Cuellar is another, almost entirely inaccessible witness. And so while Hopkins is much revered in the community this case makes the Walton case look more like hardened fact in comparison. IMHO that moves a lot of the abduction hypnosis cases out of grey baskets to out the window, baby, bath water and diving helmet.

For better critiques:UFOexperiences: THE LINDA CORTILE CASE

Out of all of the postings in this thread, I was more fascinated with the poster than the content. I believe that guy is what he says he is. That, to me, is way more interesting than any ulterior motive idea.

The fact that a person could become so fixated on one story, moreover one character, is extremely intriguing.

Out of all of the postings in this thread, I was more fascinated with the poster than the content. I believe that guy is what he says he is. That, to me, is way more interesting than any ulterior motive idea. The fact that a person could become so fixated on one story, moreover one character, is extremely intriguing.
Definitely. Too bad Meers has "signed off for the last time", or maybe we could get some of the answers you're looking for. I think @Burnt State made some fair observations too.

the problem with many cases like this is: its one persons word here we have witnesses. But even sevral witnesses are unreliable. I find this case be intresting worthy of study. I think some thing really happened. but what? my wife beleves from reading the accounts that something tramtic happened. that Linda needs help and I hope Mr Meers is the man to give her that help. I and my wife will continue to email with Mr Meers and Linda. We will continue to give them the support we feel Linda needs.

Back