• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Lake Travis 'Ghost' (pic)

I just saw this on the C2C website tonight. The thing in question sure reminds me of a monster from a very old Scooby Doo episode!

But anyway, this is a pretty cool looking photo. I would love David to analyze this one.

A.LeClair said:
Photo Shop has been around at least 14 years? Time flies.

Home - Coast to Coast AM

Strange there is no sign of the entity in the unenhanced version, besides the eyes.

I went back and looked again, and on my monitor, even with no enhancement I can actually see the object in the original image. You can see the general form of the body, as it were.

It's there, but I certainly can't say how it got there (fraudulently or otherwise)

Interesting. I got a good monitor ( I think:) and can't make anything other than the eyes out still. I wondered if others could, so thanks for letting me know.

After I saw it on my monitor unenhanced, I went and used a little image processing program that came with my HP computer (don't have my old version photoshop loaded right now) and if you lighten the image up you will see the same thing they show in the enhanced images.

but I suppose it's possible that the original has been tampered with...besides, aren't ghosts supposed to glow?!?

the deep-sea diving ghost on Scooby Doo did!

Brian Now said:
After I saw it on my monitor unenhanced, I went and used a little image processing program that came with my HP computer (don't have my old version photoshop loaded right now) and if you lighten the image up you will see the same thing they show in the enhanced images.

but I suppose it's possible that the original has been tampered with...besides, aren't ghosts supposed to glow?!?

the deep-sea diving ghost on Scooby Doo did!

hehe...that's the first thing i thought of when i saw it, too!

Fake. It's been tampered with.

Simple brightning reveals they simply overprocessed the pixel distortion.
fdscz5.jpg

hunterjohn said:
Fake. It's been tampered with.

Simple brightning reveals they simply overprocessed the pixel distortion.

While I agree with you that it probably isn't a ghost I don't think this pixelation example proves that. This pixelation is happening because the image is brightened (it probably wasn't of great quality to begin with).

I mean, look at the boat. It has some of the same pixelation around it and we don't doubt it's veractity! So this alone doesn't prove/disprove anything.

If I had to guess, I would say the "eyes" are far off lights and the "body" is maybe some faint reflection on the water. It just happens to look humanoid when lightened. All taken together it looks like a ghosty thingy.

I reserve the right to be wrong though!;)

Brian Now said:
While I agree with you that it probably isn't a ghost I don't think this pixelation example proves that. This pixelation is happening because the image is brightened (it probably wasn't of great quality to begin with).

I mean, look at the boat. It has some of the same pixelation around it and we don't doubt it's veractity! So this alone doesn't prove/disprove anything.

If I had to guess, I would say the "eyes" are far off lights and the "body" is maybe some faint reflection on the water. It just happens to look humanoid when lightened. All taken together it looks like a ghosty thingy.

I reserve the right to be wrong though!;)

I agree about the pixelation.

Interesting. I saw my first ufo, the white cylinder, over Lake Travis too. Lots of sightings happen in the Austin area, near San Antonio where there are three military bases. I've always felt my cylinder might have some connection with those bases. In what capacity I'm not sure at all. Just had the feeling as I watched the craft traverse the sky.

Has anyone requested the original image to see if the EXIF data exists? I've come across a lot of fakes in my time but there are also genuine images where it was something other than a "ghost". If the eyes are reflecting light then I'm assuming it's a solid form. Looks like someone wearing a scuba mask.

What really bugs me about "ghost" photos is that if something is going to appear on a camera then it has to abide by the laws of lighting. In which case, why is it people report never seeing the "ghost" but they can photograph it? It also sparks some skepticism when all the "ghost" images I've seen have had a "ghost" posing conveniently in the frame of the shot. If they were invisible then why are they almost always perfectly arranged in frame?

Go into a crowd of people and randomly take photos then see how many people are sitting perfectly in frame.

Back