• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Jeff Ritzmann dialect.

Free versions of recent episodes:

It's a Maryland accent. I recognized it immediately—being that I live here in lovely Maryland. My cousins live on the eastern shore ( OC ) and have a similar accent.

What I find interesting is the way in which he refers to his parents "Mom & Dad", whereas I would say "my Mom & Dad". Coincidently, my father and cousins refer to their parents in the same manner. Just the other day my Dad through me for a loop when he told this long story about "Mom". About have way through the story I got confused and realized he was talking about his mom and not mine. :)

edit: Oh yeah, it's not a funny dialect. If you insist, then I will regard it as fighting words :) jk

Ya know what guys, this is getting really fuckin old. If thats what preoccupies you is my voice, you aren't listening to anything I'm saying. If thats the case then what the hell am I talking for.

Jeff, I make fun of your voice - and your Greer-style biceps - all the time. Why are you getting bent out of shape? Do you need a hug? :cool:

dB

No worries, Jeff. I'm from Massachusetts but somehow I sound like ass from an entirely different state.

valiens can you tell me what the deal is with r's in the Mass. dialect? it drives me nuts. they put r's where they are not and dont pronounce them where they are.

*hugs to Jeff*

Don't worry hon, I grew up in Maryland (after moving there when I was 11 from Massachusetts no less :D) and I still visit my parents down there regularly. I'll even admit that I wore my Matt Stover jersey to the Giants Superbowl party I went to this year...Go Ravens!!!!!!

ArizonaWill said:
Don't "do an 'Alfred'" on us and get all huffy and puffy.

I took the last round of the same in the Greenfield thread just fine, and laughed along with everyone else, so, I'm not. However if I ever do, feel free to put a bullet in my skull. I think Dave can attest I'm anything but that kinda dude. If it was meant purely as a joke, I apologize...but it's own thread is a little much. That feels more like public ridicule for no apparent reason when I haven't been on the show for months.

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive due to being wicked pissed off today. If thats the case then again, I'm sorry. This just hit me really wrong.

jritzmann said:
Maybe I'm being overly sensitive due to being wicked pissed off today. If thats the case then again, I'm sorry. This just hit me really wrong.

Wicked pissed off? Is that a Boston accent I "read"? (duck)

Is the Dorothy Izett thing getting to you? Hope not.

ArizonaWill said:
Well, just between you and me, I think they are all disinfo agents from the NSA/CIA/PTA who are trying to shut you up by causing you deep trauma about your accent.

That must be it. The MiB will be here soon to make me sound like a Canadian.

jritzmann said:
ArizonaWill said:
Don't "do an 'Alfred'" on us and get all huffy and puffy.

I took the last round of the same in the Greenfield thread just fine, and laughed along with everyone else, so, I'm not. However if I ever do, feel free to put a bullet in my skull. I think Dave can attest I'm anything but that kinda dude. If it was meant purely as a joke, I apologize...but it's own thread is a little much. That feels more like public ridicule for no apparent reason when I haven't been on the show for months.

I know the feeling. For what it's worth, I think you're one of the more interesting and genuine people on the show, and with me that's a hard act to pull off since I have a hard time trusting, or liking, the vast majority of people. Massive kudos to you on that.

If people want to comment on your accent it's only because they find you interesting and different. Nobody mentions an accent on someone who fits their stereotype. Suffice it to say, I don't think you have many enemies here, either real or perceived.

Looking forward to your next appearance on the show... I always love hearing what you have to say.

I dont think ive actually heard jeff speak i was making a black adder joke.
and besides when i listen to the show i usually do so at 1.4x or even 2x (if its morning and my energy levels are high) so they all sound like "funny voices" to me.

pixelsmith said:
valiens can you tell me what the deal is with r's in the Mass. dialect? it drives me nuts. they put r's where they are not and dont pronounce them where they are.

I wish I could tell you. It always sounded awful to me. They also say "yous." As in, "Hey, yous guys, don't be retahded."

ArizonaWill: Why must everyone dish on my firm, ripe buttocks? Is it jealousy? Yeah...that's the ticket. Jealousy.

I'm far more interested in what Jeff says, rather than how he says it. I hope to hear some more accounts of his experiences on the Paracast in the near future.

Back