• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Inimitable Don Ecker

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
It's that time again. On our last show of 2013, we're featuring the one and only and always Don Ecker to discuss this crazy year, the "other" Dark Matter radio show, and a whole lot more.

Feel free to ask away. We'll be recording this session on December 26.

Mr Ecker: will you be filing legal action agenst art bell?
what is the ONE case regardless of source that stands out as real this year?

Well, back in the early 1980's I was the lead investigator into 2 cattle mutilations. The thing that blew my mind was the fact the cattle were drained of body fluids. (blood) that took me on a very weird journey that involved me writing my novel Past Sins. Weird, right? Leave your questions here and I will try to answer them on December 26th. Happy Holidays.

Decker

1. Historically we've made little progress regarding our understanding of the UFO phenomenon. Can you trace your own views about the origins of the UFO and what shifts in belief you have had over the years and why?

2. As a seasoned investigator in many fields what is your view on the Alien Abduction Phenomenon? Is there really any concrete proof that something beyond fabrication and delusion is taking place? Do you give any credence at all, for example, to ideas about alien/human hybridization?

3. Jimi Hendrix was an incredible innovator and I know you greatly appreciate him. I have two questions about him that have nothing to do with the paranormal:
a) Say he didn't die - can you describe what type of music you think could have evolved from his sound?
b) How do you trace his impact on the history of rock and roll and who are his musical descendants.

Last edited:
Mr. Ecker: Why do you shout into the microphone so that my wife and I can't listen to the show? It seems like a good show, but the volume levels are way off and wildly uneven. Richard seems to whisper while you seem to have the mic inside your mouth. Why? I'm sure I'm not the fist one who noticed this. Does it come from your police training to make people nervous?

I agree enzo it is a very good show. Check out shows the last two weeks and I think you'll find things pretty well leveled out.

I have listened to the last two shows and don't see encouraging improvement. The guy just loves to shout into the microphone. Try wearing headphones when he does that! It is too bad, because I love the topics and Richard. Good radio chemistry. The show could be so much better, but the production values are the worst out there. I really believe I could put a podcast together this weekend in Garage Band with a couple rock-n-roll mics I have around the house which would be technically better than Dark Matters Radio. Am I the only guy who brings this to his attention or does he just not give a shite? Probably the latter - just a guess. My wife and I like to listen to late night radio since Art Bell, but it is hard to find a good podcast that has good sound levels and a MINIMUM of loud, annoying rock music or commercials.

Last edited:
I have listened to the last two shows and don't see encouraging improvement. The guys just loves to shout into the microphone. Try wearing headphones when he does that! It is too bad, because I love the topics and Richard. Good radio chemistry. The show could be so much better, but the production values are the worst out there. I really believe I could put a podcast together this weekend in Garage Band with a couple rock-n-roll mics I have around the house which would be technically better than Dark Matters Radio. Am I the only guy who brings this to his attention or does he just not give a shite? Probably the latter - just a guess. My wife and I like to listen to late night radio since Art Bell, but it is hard to find a good podcast that has good sound levels and a MINIMUM of loud, annoying rock music or commercials.
hey enzo, you might try looking around your house for some "class" too, you need some when trying to make a point.

Talk about class, I dare you to put on some good headphones and get a level on Richard or anyone else speaking. Soon Don will come in with his usual shouting and screaming. Your eardrums will explode and you will want a CLASS action law suit against him.

Talk about class, I dare you to put on some good headphones and get a level on Richard or anyone else speaking. Soon Don will come in with his usual shouting and screaming. Your eardrums will explode and you will want a CLASS action law suit against him.

Well enzo, if you can't do anything except complain ... all I can tell you is find another show to listen to. My show has close to a million live and downloads per month according to the stats on CyberstationUSA. You know how many complaints I received about the levels? Just you Pal.

Decker

Most people are pretty stupid. Last week a guy ran over my ankle with a grocery cart. They just don't notice things. People are zombies today. Millions of people still listen to George Snory and not only believe the dung that is on that show, but they put up with 20 minute commercial breaks every 7 minutes of show. AND THEY DO THIS LIVE. Snory will talk to a totally insane person for twenty minutes and I think I'm the only person out here who notices. Your comment is exactly what I thought you would say. I predicted it in advance.

G'day Don,
Q.1 What's your speculative thoughts on a US gentleman "Mr M Celland view point on so called /humanoid seen on a NASA so called space craft giving instruction to two astronauts"? Is this BS which only adds to muddling the field ?

Back