• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Greatest Guitar Solo Ever Is....

No respectable guitar thread is complete without at least one
track by slide player extraordinaire David Lindley :cool: !
Also check out the smokin' keyboard solo!

David Lindley & El Rayo X - Mercury Blues Live

Now let's talk serious and legendary classic rock guitar riffs
Walk Don't Run - The Ventures

Last edited:
As you may tell by my avatar...I'm an old fellow and I've seen a lot of great guitarist. Ted Nugent was the local guy I saw many times. Joe Walsh in Detroit with the James Gang as the warm up group to Robert Fripp and King Crimson. David Gilmore, Jeff Beck, Freddie King, Johny Winter, Mark Farner (another local with Grand Funk) and so many others...the mind forgets. However of all the guitarist I have seen, one stands out, the one they call "Mr. Slow Hands" Eric Clapton. Saw him in Palm Beach way back in 1975

Strange...though I consider him the best guitarist I ever saw...I never really liked his music.

Love your taste in music. remember these guys?

Fricking unbelievable they aren't in the R&R hall of Fame.
FANTASTIC CALL :cool: ! A true classic riff of undeniable guitar world shattering proportions. BTW there's a little mini documentary floating around YouTube someplace about their rise and fall. Great stuff.

Shorty, his main squeeze Diane, our pal John and myself journeyed down to the Grande Riviera Theater on Grand River Ave. in Detroit to way back in the early 70s to take in this musical concert. For some reason the headline group was unable to preform and were replaced by an obscure British band on they're first tour to the States. The tickets were still a good bargain as most fans had shown up to see the new hot group from Cleveland.

The Kinks opened the show.

The Kinks were OK. But the crowd was indifferent. The Kinks seemed past their prime and the masses were anxious to see that hot new band The James Gang.

The Gang was great. The crowd clamored for more and they played an encore but the show had to go on and the stage prepared for the mystery headliners...an unknown troop from England

That was the night a new super group claimed their stake to rock and roll immortality.

That headline group that backed out at the last minute? I completely forgotten who it was. And so, I am sure, did most in the audience at the Riviera that night. Ray Davies, Joe Walsh and Robert Fripp, Best 5$ ticket I ever bought.

Back