• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Gods of Eden-Wm. Bramley

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Back in the early days of UFOs Tonite!, the show aired on Sunday evenings and was only one hour long. That was tough managing to interview my guest as well as take telephone calls from my listeners.

This show took place March 21, 1993 where I interviewed author Wm. Bramley. Bramley wrote a very interesting book, "The Gods of Eden" which even today is an exciting read if one is interested in the UFO subject and how it plays in humanity's past. The book is still available, now in paperback and here is a link where you can read more about it on Amazon.

Amazon.com: The Gods of Eden (9780380718078): William Bramley: Books

While getting this show ready to upload I Googled Bramley and the "Gods" and came across a book review by Jim Keith. I may have known this prior, but had forgotten but in Keiths review he mentioned that he had been, at one time, a Scientologist and he found many items that made him think Bramley was pushing Scientology. I knew Bramley and may have even asked him years ago about that. FWIW, he denied it.

Decker

Show Opening

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/BramleyOpening.mp3

Show

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/WmBramley.mp3

Thanks Don!

I'm looking forward to listening to this. 'The God's of Eden' is a great read. Bramely spins an entertaining tale that, in the end, I just don't really support or believe in. But, it's a fun mythology and you see how many threads of his ideas have permeated modern conspiracy theory.

John

Thanks Don!

I'm looking forward to listening to this. 'The God's of Eden' is a great read. Bramely spins an entertaining tale that, in the end, I just don't really support or believe in. But, it's a fun mythology and you see how many threads of his ideas have permeated modern conspiracy theory.

John

+1

I don't think I ever saw anything else by Bramley. Kind of surprising. Looking forward to listening.

His book was all the rage at one time. A lot of Scn's at the time read it (including me, back when I was a scn) and really 'tripped' out on it. Made quite an impression on me. Then we were shown Goldenrod all about him and his book, and forbidden to read or own it.

There's another Thread here all about his (supposed) involvement in scn. Wondered why he didn't
write any more books...

https://www.theparacast.com/forum/a...pencies-t2214.html?t=2214&highlight=Gods+Eden

His book was all the rage at one time. A lot of Scn's at the time read it (including me, back when I was a scn) and really 'tripped' out on it. Made quite an impression on me. Then we were shown Goldenrod all about him and his book, and forbidden to read or own it.

There's another Thread here all about his (supposed) involvement in scn. Wondered why he didn't
write any more books...

Bixyboo, what does the above mean? You were shown Goldenrod? Just what is Goldenrod?

Decker

Bixyboo, what does the above mean? You were shown Goldenrod? Just what is Goldenrod?

Decker

Click on that link I posted in my previous post. I think the actual issue is there. (What the Goldenrod said about him and his book).

'Goldenrod' means the color of the paper (a dark yellow color) any 'order' is printed on by the Church when they declare someone (or something) 'suppressive' (forbidden or excommunicated, essentially).

I do need to double check if it was actually on Goldenrod (vs another color of paper). So I may've spoke too quickly on that one...

It has been quite a few years since I read God of Eden, but I guess I can see some similarities in the "plots." It's not like either one was anything new, though. Bramley brought together a lot of ideas that had been floating around for centuries, and Elron cobbled a cosmology out of sci-fi bits that didn't quite ever make prime time. I've long suspected the Scientology psychosis started out as a relatively harmless lampoon of Mormonism with a little Jehova's Witness craziness thrown in for fun, but that's based on nothing more substantial than a guess on my part. Apart from wrecking the lives of his direct victims, I think Elron succeeded only in strengthening belief in mainstream Christian dogma, since he made it seem pretty rational compared to his fairy tales.

Back