• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Fourth Kind

The Hawk

Skilled Investigator

Could be good..

Does anyone know where there are details of the case/cases this movie is based on?

And who was the hypnotherapist?

I will watch it, I think. But I encourage everyone to get primed by watching James Earl Jones get very agitated in Dr. Simons' office in The UFO Incident first:
(Luckily YouTube has not yanked it like they did Fantastic Voyage).
It's in 10 parts and good entertainment for 90 minutes of your time.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YVTMJSgmqgc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

sorry I didn't see this thread [ david/gene please delete the one I started makes no sense having dupes ].

is this really based on real events or is it a blair witch thang? anyone know?

No need to get excited. It's a Blair Witch thing. All marketing. No reality whatsoever.

Then they shouldn't be saying stuff like this :
"This film is a dramatization of events that occured october 2000 every scene in this movie is supported by archived footage.."
Unless they, for some odd reason want me to come to them in person and pimp slap them..

Then they shouldn't be saying stuff like this :
"This film is a dramatization of events that occured october 2000 every scene in this movie is supported by archived footage.."
Unless they, for some odd reason want me to come to them in person and pimp slap them..

Believe me, it get's worse. Somebody modified the Wikipedia page for Nome, Alaska to include the statement:

"Nome is famous for its repeated cases of alien abductions.
Currently, it has the highest abduction rate of any city in the United States."

The page that contained this statement is now cached here: 403 Forbidden

The statement was quickly removed and no longer appears on the city's legitimate Wikipedia page which is here: Wikimedia Error

Real or fake, this movie does look cool and a little scary. As a horror movie buff, I'm excited for this film.

This movie will be a steaming pile of bullshit.
I'll swallow anything as long as it has Milla. She's like hot-sauce...makes anything palatable. I really hope she comes out with them boobies.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I'll swallow anything as long as it has Milla. She's like hot-sauce...makes anything palatable. I really hope she comes out with them boobies.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Couldn't have said it more eloquently myself.

Given the ongoing debate as to whether "alien abductions" are really MKULTRA type activities....

The use of the Owl as part of the individual stories around the abductions is very interesting.

Those who are familiar with the alleged "Aviary" group (associated with the Stargate project) might recognise that the individuals purportedly had code names of birds, the OWL being Hal Puthoff! Probably just coincidence but.....

I have to wonder if this film is partly an effort to confound what is a massive crime by conflating the ufo stuff. Just a thought.

Given the ongoing debate as to whether "alien abductions" are really MKULTRA type activities....

The use of the Owl as part of the individual stories around the abductions is very interesting.

Those who are familiar with the alleged "Aviary" group (associated with the Stargate project) might recognise that the individuals purportedly had code names of birds, the OWL being Hal Puthoff! Probably just coincidence but.....

I have to wonder if this film is partly an effort to confound what is a massive crime by conflating the ufo stuff. Just a thought.

Interesting I guess..
The belief by abductees (before regression) that they saw a talking owl by their window is extremely, extremely common..
This movie is just playing on that.

Jesus, it's a freaking Hollywood movie!! What do you expect?? To find some truth in this film?? To have it serve as some documentary exposing the "real" nature of abductions?? Of course it's BS, .. .. so what??

Can we not, just sometimes, watch a movie for what it really is?? Entertainment. If it entertains, then doesn't it serve it's purpose?? Sometimes I think people take things WAY too serious. If you go into it knowing that the story is not true, does it make it better?? The "based on true.... whatever" is just a marketing ploy, we all know that right?? It looks like an entertaining, scary, film. Anything wrong with a science fiction flick every once in a while??

This is having not seen it of course. But it looks like a pretty good ride. Maybe I'm missing something.

Back