• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Fayetteville Incident revisited

stiver

Paranormal Novice
Hi. This is my first post here but I follow this forum for a while and listen to The Paracast Radio. I like how the people think here and for this I decided to post here my question. I am Bulgarian and I am not a UFO researcher, although I became interested in the problems of ufology in the last years.

A couple of days ago, I was searching the internet for something else, when I accidentally found a page about the Fayetteville Incident on UFO Casebook : http://www.ufocasebook.com/2008c/fayettevillenc.html

I am familiar with this case from the MUFON film and also I have read some posts by Bledsoe Sr. on the MUFON message board. At the time I found him credible regardless that he failed the lie detector test. My attention was drawn to an update in the beginning of the article:
Editor's Note-Update-On 12-27-08, Chris Bledsoe Sr. contacted me, and pointed out some factual errors in our original article. Also, he gave me additional information which was not included in the television program which addressed the incident.
He also sent me a drawing of the 7' alien entity which he recalled during his regression.

He told me that before the incident, he couldn't even draw a stick figure. You can see from the drawing that this is not the case anymore. A big thanks to Mr. Bledsoe for the invaluable information for this intriguing UFO encounter.
I looked at the picture of the alien, allegedly drawn by Bledsoe Sr. and it stroke me as something very familiar. I remembered what. It reminded me of the alien face from the famous crop circle. I downloaded the both pictures on my computer and superimposed them in a digital graphic program. The images didn't match until I distorted the Bledsoe drawing to fit the perspective of the frame of the crop circle alien. After I did this, the images matched perfectly. I attach the images for you to see the manipulation.

I am an artist, an animator by profession, and I can say that this drawing was traced. I don't know whether it was manipulated after the tracing or the crop circle photo was manipulated before that. I looked at other drawings submitted by Bledsoe Sr. and Bledsoe Jr. and I can see that this drawing shows skills above their artistic abilities. I wouldn't buy a speculation that the drawing was "implanted" in his mind by aliens, because it was additionally manipulated to match the perspective of the well-known internet photo.

I posted these images on the MUFON message board, politely asking several times for a response from the MUFON field investigators and board administrators. I received none, zero. However, I think that Bledsoe's new talent is a major hoax and I cannot keep quiet about this.

I will very much appreciate your opinion and eventually an advice for me about this finding.

stiver

The drawing before the manipulation:

guardian_compare.jpg

The drawing distorted to match the photo's perspective

guardian_skew.jpg

Looks like Obama :p

On a more serious note , thats not the original drawing the lines are too perfect , my honest opinion it was scanned, then rendered after drawn with a B4 pencil .
I'm a part time animation artist , done 3 years in art college :p ,another point only 3 shades are used in the image , its a pretty simple drawing to do , you wouldn't need a great deal of artistic experience to draw it(image on the right)

As for the image on the left , it looks like a stencil and print , not that hard to do either .

As for the story , i'd take his account with a pinch of salt .My favourite saying is , if ET's can travel vast galactic distances why the hell would they want to mutilate cows and stick probes up our anal cavitys :p Probes and Mutilating cows seems to be very primitive behavour for a Intergalactic race

Cool first post...impressive. I'm not sure if it still exists, there was a webpage that described crop circle 'investigators' finding a small cell-powered green LED inside that alien crop circle. Last time I looked it was offline due to the image being hotlinked too much. Binary code messages and iconic grey imagery...meh. Seems like your Bledsoe sketch has fed off the sketch the circlemakers used to make the hoax circle...or is my point too sketchy? :D

looks like spiderman
knew there was something suspicious
about that bugmonkey, lee and romita were
hop heads, weed fiends and almost HIPPIES
subversive punks

That was indeed excellent work, stiver.

Cool first post...impressive. I'm not sure if it still exists, there was a webpage that described crop circle 'investigators' finding a small cell-powered green LED inside that alien crop circle.

The following link also includes a photo of the device.

http://www.cropcircleresearch.com/articles/alienface2.html

This was found by my colleague Freddy Silva on the morning after the formation was reported. He passed it onto me for subsequent analysis (as I've studied electronics). It's a very simple device consisting of a green Light Emitting Diode (LED) connected to a battery via a small on/off switch. It was wrapped in plastic tape, which was still sticky and indicative that it hadn't been left out for long as there was no weather erosion on it. Indeed, it still worked and could be operated.

Thanks to DrDil of UFO Casebook for a heads up on the curious LED.

Stiver, you are completely wrong about this picture of the alien. Mr. Bledsoe never said he drew the alien himself. In an online audio interview, he said a sketch artist from Los Angeles came and drew the picture of the 7 foot alien. In this interview, right from Bledsoe's own words, you can hear that he says he had no artistic ability at the time, and even mentions that people think the drawing of the alien looks like the one in the crop circle. Paracast would not allow me to post the link so to find the interview, google the following...
"christopher Bledsoe paranormal Geeks Radio blogtalkradio "
Choose the first link that comes up and scroll down that page for Chris Bledsoe's name in blue text. That link will take you to the page the audio interview is on.

Start listening at the 52 minute point... you will hear him explain who made the drawing of the 7 foot alien right after he tells about the actual first sighting of it.

There was no deception on his part. Too bad you've casted doubt and insinuated a hoax.

As for him failing the polygraph, he passed 34 out of 35 questions. Just one irregular response.... I'll bet it was only because Bledsoe himself still found it so hard to believe what he really saw that night!

I also think the polygraph administrator interpreted the result to that question as HE chose to. Notice the administrator's body language when asked about the irregular result, he immediately swipes his nose which is body language that means you are trying to hide a deceptive answer. Look at him closely, he looks like he is lying.

Lastly, Mr. Bledsoe has indeed become an untrained artist in the years since his encounter happened. He suddenly felt compelled to paint. You can see some of his paintings at the bottom of his facebook page.
~ ThatPat

Hi ThatPat,
I spent this evening trying to find that radio show you write about but with no luck. Seems there are three different shows on that website, 2 with Bledsoe Sr and one seem to be with Bledsoe Jr, or at least this is what is in the title. I listened to almost entire show from January 2014 and around the 52 min. time point of the other two but couldn't hear anything about this particular sketch. I'm sorry but couldn't relocate more time for listening to the entire three shows, therefore I'll take your word for it. If it's still important to you, please send me more specific instructions.

ThatPat, Bledsoes' case happened years ago and, unfortunately, I don't keep many links which would be helpful to prove my point. But when I say something, I like it to be based on facts or obvious evidence. My original post was based on the article on Ufocasebook.com (the link is in my first post). As I wrote there, I did post my question regarding this sketch on the original MUFON forum with no response. What I didn't mention is that first I sent this question to B J Booth, the author of the article and waited for his response before posting anything on any public message board. I did receive a reply, which was such that gave me the carte blanche to proceed further with my research. I don't feel free to post his reply but you can talk to him if interested. I'll just say, he was kind to Mr. Bledsoe Sr. but I was a little disappointed he didn't revise his article.

Now, please, read again the quote from the article:

(Editor's Note-Update-On 12-27-08, Chris Bledsoe Sr. contacted me, and pointed out some factual errors in our original article. Also, he gave me additional information which was not included in the television program which addressed the incident.
He also sent me a drawing of the 7' alien entity which he recalled during his regression.
He told me that before the incident, he couldn't even draw a stick figure. You can see from the drawing that this is not the case anymore. A big thanks to Mr. Bledsoe for the invaluable information for this intriguing UFO encounter.)

From this I understand that the drawing was presented as Bledsoe's work and his name is under the sketch on the website. Moreover, Bledsoe corrected other factual errors, which suggest that his authorship was not considered a factual error.

There is an artist mentioned on the radio show, who made the portrait of his father. Is that the same artist who supposedly made the sketch of the alien according to the current version of the story? BTW, somebody by the name Christopher Bledsoe was taking art classes in the local college around the time when the sketch surfaced.

Also, usually I try to be very specific in my statements, especially in the UFO world. I wrote clearly: "I think that Bledsoe's new talent is a major hoax..." It is one thing to have a talent for doing art and completely different to feel an urge to do art. Humming birds? Really?!

Anyway, I am not going to fight this one. It's a long time after the event, after my post, MUFON forum doesn't exist, MUFON itself hardly exists, many of my research links are lost. Mr. Bledsoe Sr can say now whatever he wants. I actually hardly care anymore, especially after listening to big doses of his radio interviews. If this is what you need, let it be.

All the best and good luck.

Last edited:
Stiver, the online interview is titled, "Christopher Bledsoe Jr. On Paranormal Geeks Radio" (it is incorrectly labeled "Jr" instead of Sr.) Google that title, the first result on the list is a site called... BlogTalkRadio/Paranormal Geeks Radio... If you go to that page, there is a list of radio shows and Chris's interview is the 8th one down on the list.

You were referring to the alien drawing as a hoax, correct? What do you mean by "Humming birds? Really?!"? You can't be calling his new talent of doing hummingbird/floral paintings a hoax. Considering he is relatively new at it, his paintings are quite nice and very expressive. In an entry on Facebook last year, he mentioned that he "wishes he could take lessons".

Just start listening to the online interview at around the 52 minute time point. It will clear up a lot of misunderstanding when you hear it from the horse's mouth. He did not mention the name of the sketch artist during the conversation.

Here is a transcript of the conversation:

Chris Bledsoe: "I made a painting of it in 2009, after a sketch artist came in. He lives in California.... LA. At that time I believe he was in Raleigh, but he came in and worked two hours and did a little sketch and it actually come out that some say it looks like the Crabwood crop circle. But the sketch artist drew the thing. I tried to draw it and I couldn't draw nothin' at that time. I developed a taste for art since. But i ended up making a four foot painting based on his sketch and that's what it looked like... a greenish-blue color, 7 foot tall."

~ ThatPat

I am not a debunker I just want to know the truth, its good to be open minded, but you need to be skeptical to a degree also.
[DSC] UFO's Over Earth - The Fayetteville Incident_clip4.avi (youtube name of the video I don't know what the rules about posting links are) this is when the lie detector test is completed, now I in fact watched the program UFO's Over Earth - The Fayetteville Incident, and no matter how you look at it there is no conspiracy on the part of the man administering the lie detector test(in my opinion)

When you watch Chris Bledsoe's domineer through out the investigation he seems act very odd, my guess would be (and maybe im jumping the gun here) but he may in fact have just been drinking with his buddy's and
decided to come up with this story, (for what ever reason) things like this do occur, you cant rule that out.

In an article Chris Bledsoe did for a website called The UFO Chronicles on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 he states
The sad thing is they hired a FBI guy to debunk the case.
The MUFON investigators believe us all and will tell anyone that but they seem to want to please the skeptics so they bring in a FBI lie detector guy to pour water on the truth.
This story is in the MUFON Journal and has been in there 4 times. There is so much that the public has not seen its unreal.

MUFON chief investigator for the states of North Carolina and Virginia(at the time) Richard Lang seems to be over enthused when watching the regression tape, so I don't believe there was a conspiracy on behalf of the man administering the lie detector test, MUFON, or the discovery channel.

Last edited:
Back