• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Dogon Tribe

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
The Dogon Tribe - UFO Evidence

Summary: The Dogon people live in the Homburi Mountains near Timbuktu. At the center of their religious teachings is knowledge about a star that is invisible to the eye and so difficult to obsevrve -- even through a telescope -- that no photographs were taken of it until 1970. The Dogon say they received their knowledge by visitors to the earth from another star system.

You may wish to read Robert Temple's book, The Sirius Mystery, for an in depth investigation of this phenomenon.
The Dogon do not claim to have ever encountered the Nommo, but say their ancestors did. Although they presently live in Mali, ethnologists have demonstrated that they originally came from an area just south of Egypt. It was there that the contacts supposedly took place.
There appears to be an undeniable link between the Dogon's Nommo experiences and relatively contemporaneous reports of similar contacts between the pre-Sharun cultures of modern day Iraq and an amphibious being known as Oannes, who was physically identical to creatures the Dogon speak of.
Even though the original manuscripts were destroyed in the Alexandrian library fires, scholars of classical antiquity often wrote narratives on the works of Berossus, a priest who was the first person known to have collected those fertile crescent encounter stories in his Babyloniaka, a history of Babylon. Some of the commentaries have survived, and make fascinating reading.

I looked into it years ago, back when I was a kid. I recall Carl Sagan seemed impress with the Dogon tribe and to my surprised, used it as evidence that we've probably have been visited by ETs in the distant past.

Paranormal Packrat said:
I looked into it years ago, back when I was a kid. I recall Carl Sagan seemed impress with the Dogon tribe and to my surprised, used it as evidence that we've probably have been visited by ETs in the distant past.

Sagan was apparently against Temple's ideas at least, but I haven't read "Broca's Brain" myself.

Have you all read any dissenting opinions on this? You can see some at the wikipedia article.
Dogon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the article, regarding the Dogon's informers or "deities":

...They were saviors and spiritual guardians: "The Nommo divided his body among men to feed them; that is why it is also said that as the universe "had drunk of his body," the Nommo also made men drink. He gave all his life principles to human beings."

The Nommo was crucified and resurrected and in the future will again visit the earth, this time in human form...

Sound familiar?

SolarMyth said:
From the article, regarding the Dogon's informers or "deities":

...They were saviors and spiritual guardians: "The Nommo divided his body among men to feed them; that is why it is also said that as the universe "had drunk of his body," the Nommo also made men drink. He gave all his life principles to human beings."

The Nommo was crucified and resurrected and in the future will again visit the earth, this time in human form...

Sound familiar?

Yes this sounds very familiar. If only more people knew how unoriginal Christianity is.

A writer named "Acharya S." has written extensively about Christianity as a myth. Acharya S - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back