• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Danville Va. Wildman By: Posey Gilbert

If not Bigfoot then what?

• Have you ever seen one of the Stick Igloos?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Where?

• Any one else see it with you?

• Did you report it?

• Did you tell anyone about it?

• Total voters

Posey Gilbert

Paranormal Maven
Are there Bigfoot in Danville Virginia?​
bigfootvirginia1.jpg
In 1958 we, my parents and siblings went to visit my mothers parents who lived back in the mountains and rolling hills of Danville Virginia.

danville1lg.jpg
Whenever it started to get dark, Granny would always say "Its time for yawl chaps to come inside now because the wild man will be coming out soon."
I was seven then and always imagined a skinny little unshaven cartoon caveman running around in a leopard skin carrying a big club. I thought it really was just another Bogeyman story to keep us kids inline, at least that's what my older brother Chuck said it was when I asked him about it.
The next day, as she often did. My aunt Beulah, to keep us from under foot, told her two oldest sons Billy and Jimmy to take us with them into the woods when they went to gather some fire wood. For the most part as we scoured the forest floor for kindling and dry broken branches. Billy and Jimmy took to showing us the various wild berries, plants, roots and mushrooms we could eat and those that were poisonous and we should not even touch.
We came upon a clearing that was surrounded by tall trees and Jimmy said it would be better if we spread out a bit and looked. The truth is this was only an adventure for Chuck and me; this was just another chore for them. Bored, they climbed two of the giant trees in the clearing and watched Chuck and I as we did their work.
I was assigned the kindling while Chuck was told to look for the thicker branches. Basically they knew that we wouldn't find anything in that clearing but that way they could keep an eye and us busy on the both of us at the same time.
I was getting frustrated because I couldn't find anything. Then I went to the edge of the clearing and saw that it dropped off onto a lower level. I saw what I thought was a pile of twigs and branches. I jumped down and ran over to it. As I neared the pile I found myself not standing before a mound of twigs and branches but in front of what looked like an igloo woven of branches and sticks or a big upside down birds nest.
I immediately started to call for Chuck and in a matter of seconds he and my two cousins were standing at the top of the bank. They all were out of breath and pale with worry as they looked down at me.
"What the hell are you screaming like that for?" Billy asked angrily.
"I thought a damned snake had got a hold to you!!" Jimmy scolded me.
They had gotten there so fast it had startled me. They must have started to run toward me when they saw me jump down off the bank.
"What did you come down here for any way?" Chuck asked between gasps.
"Look, look what I found." I said happily pointing to my discovery. I ran over and started to crawl into the opening.
"Boy get your ass out of there!" Jimmy screamed to me, "That could be a bear cave!"
"That ain't no cave," I countered, "you can look right through the branches, you can see there's nothing in there."
"Yeah but the bear might be coming back, we need to go." Billy said ending the conversation, "Let's go, I think we got enough wood any way."
We never spoke about it again after that day but it's like anything strange that happened to me never left my mind. What was that thing and who had built it? For years afterwards would cross my mind.
Then last year MonsterQuest did a program on what they called The Grass People (The Grass Man of Ohio...Lon), which was another name used for Bigfoot like creatures.
I was cooking and not really watching it until they flashed a picture of the thing I found that day out in the woods with Chuck, Billy and Jimmy. There is also a documentary called Southern Fried Bigfoot and in it they talk about the fact that Bigfoot has a lot of different names depending on the locality it is seen in, but it is all the same or a similar creature.
The name they commonly use for it in Virginia is The Wild Man.
In fact when you enter Danville, there is a sign that says:

Welcome to Danville - Home of the Bigfoot.​

MonsterQuest - Ohio Grassman.​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykH0qlxQ6Ec&list=PLEC873F116255D2E6&feature=plpp_play_all
To see full program:​

Wig-wams and wickiups have been used for centuries by native peoples.

2554068080_97c7b839ae_z.jpg

wickiup.jpg

I can't say whether what you saw was one of them, but it sure sounds like one to me...or a variation thereof. It's not implausible to think that a hunter caught in the woods after dark might build one for temporary shelter, or a survivalist do the same, and then abandon it once the day broke.

Now had there been tracks, and a sighting I'd be more keen to a notion of "wildman." Either way it's a good story.

Wig-wams and wickiups have been used for centuries by native peoples.

2554068080_97c7b839ae_z.jpg

wickiup.jpg

I can't say whether what you saw was one of them, but it sure sounds like one to me...or a variation thereof. It's not implausible to think that a hunter caught in the woods after dark might build one for temporary shelter, or a survivalist do the same, and then abandon it once the day broke.

Now had there been tracks, and a sighting I'd be more keen to a notion of "wildman." Either way it's a good story.

Good thought but this was my Grandpa Posey's land only one with a death wish would tresspass
there.
Plus this you can see was made by a human hand, that thing looked nothing like these huts.
See the full Monster Quest video there's one in it.
He would shoot at Salesmen, or Preachers, and Revivalist that came onto his land too try and convert his children
But then he used Rock Salt on them at my Grandmother's request, any one else got Buckshot.

Am I missing something? This is what my screen shows.

1. Have you ever seen one of the Stick Igloos?
  2. Where?
  3. Any one else see it with you?
  4. Did you report it?
  5. Did you tell anyone about it?
  6. Do you believe in Bigfoot?
  7. Do you even give a damn?
What I had in mind is yes/no type questions. I guess you mean all these as rhetorical questions. I'll vote on that assumption.

Am I missing something? This is what my screen shows.

1. Have you ever seen one of the Stick Igloos?
  2. Where?
  3. Any one else see it with you?
  4. Did you report it?
  5. Did you tell anyone about it?
  6. Do you believe in Bigfoot?
  7. Do you even give a damn?
What I had in mind is yes/no type questions. I guess you mean all these as rhetorical questions. I'll vote on that assumption.

I lean toward getting people to talk about their experiences, in their replies.

I lean toward getting people to talk about their experiences, in their replies.

Okay, now I get it. Well, I have no experience of Bigfoot, and I do give a damn. Basically, based on the Patterson film and the numerous eyewitness reports, I'm inclined to believe some kind of hominid exists. While I don't scoff at the inter-dimensional hypothesis, it just seems more plausible that it is a flesh and blood creature of this world.

While I'm at it, the same goes for many of the other cryptids like Loch Ness, Champ, Mokele Mbembe, etc. Though, like Coleman, I prefer the less extravagant ideas about what kind of species they are. But this is mostly going on hearsay, just like UFOs. I have no direct experience of any of it.

Okay, now I get it. Well, I have no experience of Bigfoot, and I do give a damn. Basically, based on the Patterson film and the numerous eyewitness reports, I'm inclined to believe some kind of hominid exists. While I don't scoff at the inter-dimensional hypothesis, it just seems more plausible that it is a flesh and blood creature of this world.

While I'm at it, the same goes for many of the other cryptids like Loch Ness, Champ, Mokele Mbembe, etc. Though, like Coleman, I prefer the less extravagant ideas about what kind of species they are. But this is mostly going on hearsay, just like UFOs. I have no direct experience of any of it.

I like your take on things. it is much like the way our mother raised us.
She always wanted us to look for another explanation for the things we saw.
Dreams, illusions, heat stroke, someone playing a trick on us, but when these rationalizations fell short we were told not to speak of it again.
If you look around this site you will see I have had many encounters with many things Cryptids, Fortean Phenomena, Ghost, Shadow People, UFOs, ETs, EDs, Dimensional Rifts, Portals, Vortexes that I only later found out were not supposed to be real but are now known as real phenomenon.

Dreams, illusions, heat stroke, someone playing a trick on us, but when these rationalizations fell short we were told not to speak of it again.
If you look around this site you will see I have had many encounters with many things Cryptids, Fortean Phenomena, Ghost, Shadow People, UFOs, ETs, EDs, Dimensional Rifts, Portals, Vortexes that I only later found out were not supposed to be real but are now known as real phenomenon.
That pretty much covers everything, but have you ever seen one of these?
png-spr copy.png

That pretty much covers everything, but have you ever seen one of these?
png-spr copy.png

No but I would drop dead if I was too see anything that big or close to me.
Still I can't help getting the feeling this is Photo Shopped and not a real Critter or sighting.
Do you know the story behind this picture?

Y
No but I would drop dead if I was too see anything that big or close to me.
Still I can't help getting the feeling this is Photo Shopped and not a real Critter or sighting.
Do you know the story behind this picture?
You are correct it is a fake. It's an image I cooked up a couple years ago, and had in a file. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

You'll find this of interest.

http://youtu.be/kopk-tS9X3E

Thanks for the link but I've already watched it. Quite frankly I'm not sure exactly what to make of what is happening. When you're seeing them out of the upstairs window and the same sphere takes a flight path over or near your house 15 or more times; you have to scratch your head in bewilderment and wonder what their game is?

Thanks for the link but I've already watched it. Quite frankly I'm not sure exactly what to make of what is happening. When you're seeing them out of the upstairs window and the same sphere takes a flight path over or near your house 15 or more times; you have to scratch your head in bewilderment and wonder what their game is?

Their game is just that a game.

Well it's 2020 many years since that experience back in the he summer of 1958.
I am much older and hope wiser now at the age of 68 going on 69.
My life experiences have continued to become more bizzare and curious, and seems to show no sign of slowing down in as much as it is turning around.
I know am preparing to leave my beloved city New York and move to the foot hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains back into the stomping ground of the Wild Man of Virinia.
A thought I do not relish now that I am a double amputee.
My sister Theresa is preparing to go back home as she calls Virginia.
Not me though I am a damned Yankee to the bone born and raised in the streets of the Bronx and Brooklyn New York with a server allergy to being earthen alive by big hairy monsters.
Ah well such is life, or maybe it is better to say such has been my life.
Well anyway I will keep you guys posted.

OBTW:
Some of my latest experiences submitted for your approval follows.

I am just sharing some of the things that I and my friend Mario have experienced in this strange and wonderful city we grew up in.

1) The Wierdness Of New York

2)The Invisibles

3) In to the light

I don't want to believe,
it's much better to know.

Posey Gilbert

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Back