• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The CIA Releases Nearly 800,000 Docs Online, Including UFO and Project Stargate Records

Thomas R Morrison

Paranormal Adept
This should make for interesting research and debates - much thanks goes out to information activist group MuckRock and journalist Mike Best for making this happen. Article here:
CIA releases trove of declassified files

This new CREST database of records is at the CIA online Library here:
CREST: 25-Year Program Archive | CIA FOIA (foia.cia.gov)

Here's an interesting report to whet your appetite - in 1996 two police officers in Lithuania reported seeing a spherical object hovering 20-30 meters above the ground, cyclically expanding and contracting, and making an electronic crackling sound. The object rose and quickly departed as the officers approached. But the electronic crackling sound persisted after the object had left the area, and the tall grass beneath the object's initial position was flattened to a radius of 10 meters:
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/DOC_0000098713.pdf

Last edited:
I find interesting that all these UFO releases highly correlate with new astronomical discoveries supportive of existence of life in universe. Like recently astronomers discovered, was it 5 planets in the habitable zone of a star and n the same week USAF revealed that it didn't stop researching UFOs back in 60s. They even posted some FLIR videos and made it clear that a black budget of $25M was spent.

I can't wait for the day when all the skeptics will declare they were believers all time.

Oh well, it was news to me, so it's probably news to others like me who enjoy this subject. And I'm having fun digging through those documents - there's some great stuff in there.
yeah, i was just wondering if that was a typo on the site or if you happened to just find it. since it's the latter, that's actually not a good thing, i don't think.... you'd think if there was anything really revealing in there, someone would've found it by now.

yeah, i was just wondering if that was a typo on the site or if you happened to just find it. since it's the latter, that's actually not a good thing, i don't think.... you'd think if there was anything really revealing in there, someone would've found it by now.
I wish I could change the title of this thread since you pointed that out, but the forum software doesn't let you edit the title of your threads, which is stupid :/ I hadn't even heard about this release - I guess with everything going on politically lately, it was mostly ignored in all the mayhem. There's quite a lot of reading material in there, and the database has a useful search function so it's fun to see what comes up.

The government never declassifies the really good stuff though. Which is very frustrating, because we pay for every single page they produce.

I did stumble upon this interesting report about an intriguing field propulsion experiment conducted by the Russians (allegedly, anyway), but I can find absolutely nothing else about it online - it describes a clever and novel application of electrodynamics where the superconducting hull of a spherical craft propels itself forward by interacting with lateral beams of electrons emitted from the craft; I would love to see some academic discussion of the physics involved here, but unfortunately the Kremlin doesn't seem to participate much in the global science community:
Full text of "CIA's "X-Files" - 2015 UFO release"

I wish I could change the title of this thread since you pointed that out, but the forum software doesn't let you edit the title of your threads, which is stupid :/ I hadn't even heard about this release - I guess with everything going on politically lately, it was mostly ignored in all the mayhem. There's quite a lot of reading material in there, and the database has a useful search function so it's fun to see what comes up.

The government never declassifies the really good stuff though. Which is very frustrating, because we pay for every single page they produce.

I did stumble upon this interesting report about an intriguing field propulsion experiment conducted by the Russians (allegedly, anyway), but I can find absolutely nothing else about it online - it describes a clever and novel application of electrodynamics where the superconducting hull of a spherical craft propels itself forward by interacting with lateral beams of electrons emitted from the craft; I would love to see some academic discussion of the physics involved here, but unfortunately the Kremlin doesn't seem to participate much in the global science community:
that's true-- i keep forgetting that, that the govt still has classified stuff. I'm actually a physicist but at the moment i don't feel like reading physics, haha, but perhaps I'll take a look at that link later. thanks for sharing!

I read the report. I would say that inventor is right, once ejected the electrons are separate system, outside of the craft and will exert reaction on the craft. But, the craft will exert reaction on electrons as well. Now, all the electrons in an average human body weigh something like 22grams (0.776027 ounces). That means that most of the momentum transfer will go into propelling electrons, not the craft.

His invention is the same as an ion propulsion, only it is mediated via magnetic field instead directly by mechanical action-reaction. It would still produce very little thrust, same as ion engines.

Yeah, @Thomas R Morrison, keep on posting your digs whenever something quaint turns up :)

Last edited:
I read the report. I would say that inventor is right, once ejected the electrons are separate system, outside of the craft and will exert reaction on the craft. But, the craft will exert reaction on electrons as well. Now, all the electrons in an average human body weigh something like 22grams (0.776027 ounces). That means that most of the momentum transfer will go into propelling electrons, not the craft.
You're getting a little mixed up there - you meant to say that most of the velocity will go to the electrons, not the momentum: momentum is always conserved (equal in both directions).

His invention is the same as an ion propulsion, only it is mediated via magnetic field instead directly by mechanical action-reaction. It would still produce very little thrust, same as ion engines.
Yeah I don't see how this could work any better than electron beam propulsion (ion propulsion usually involves ionized atoms like Xenon rather than just electrons). But they say they measured a force of 22.5 grams using a 2-gram sample, so that's over 11 g's - which is very significant. They don't give the power that they used though; they only mention 150 amps, but that's meaningless without the voltage. And I'm not sure if I'm visualizing this system properly. This is why we'd need to see an actual scientific paper rather than a simple article like this - the devil's in the details.

But I'm suspicious about the whole thing because of the energy generator claims that precede the propulsion claims - he's claiming that a semiconductor radiated more thermal energy than the electrical input energy back in 1959. That has to be BS - if it were that easy then we would've seen that in the academic literature long ago, and of course time-averaged energy is conserved in QFT, so it would take new physics (perhaps SED) to explain an effect like that - and that seems unwarranted in this case.

Yeah, @Thomas R Morrison, keep on posting your digs whenever something quaint turns up :)
Honestly what I should be doing is reading through your library of technical papers. I think I'll focus on that for awhile instead - most of what I'm seeing here on the CIA database are just articles they've archived from public sources, and most of that stuff is junk. I guess I was hoping that something would slip through the cracks; John Greenewald and Stanton Friedman and other researchers as well throughout the decades, sometimes luck out like that, and that stuff often turns out to be among our best evidence.

Last edited:
You read Paul Hill's "Unconventional Flying Objects". Please read Carl Feindt's "UFOs and Water" and prof. Peter Sturrock's "UFO Enigma: A New Review of the Physical Evidence" before you read my Technical papers library. That's facts only UFO trilogy. That way you'll put UFOs into the rich context of physical evidence. This would completely change your outlook, including your personal sighting.

Last edited:
Back